Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The fall guy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Gotta be one. When you're losing like this somebody gotta get fired. It's the way it goes. Who gets sent packing after this season? I say Jedd Fisch. Babich escapes because he's merely a body to occupy a position title while Gus really manages the defensive plays.

Both of them.

If Gus is responsible for this crap zone/soft defense then he can go too.
If i had to choose, baboon goes first then fish.. Both need stuffed and mounted on the wall though.
Quote:Both of them.

If Gus is responsible for this crap zone/soft defense then he can go too.

If you recall, Bradleys defense did this soft zone crap in the Seattle/ Atlanta playoff game several years ago and almost blew the game. As a matter of fact I think they actually did blow the big lead and Seattle was forced to come back and win. 

Seattles defense didn't really lock down and reach their potential until Bradley was gone. 

Dump Bradley/ Babich and Fisch. 

Bring in Harbaugh and Rex Ryan to run the defense. 
You know what would be scary as hell as a scenario would be for Atlanta to fire Mike Smith at seasons end and we wind up with that stiff. I wouldn't want him as head coach or DC. His defenses in Atlanta have been soft & lousy pretty much the whole time he's been there. 

Koetter/ Matt Ryan/ Jones/ White are the only reason the offenses are good there. 

Quote:If i had to choose, baboon goes first then fish.. Both need stuffed and mounted on the wall though.

[Image: ZgqmL0f.jpg]

This Fisch doesn't sing though
Quote:If you recall, Bradleys defense did this soft zone crap in the Seattle/ Atlanta playoff game several years ago and almost blew the game.

I remember this. I was watching with my hands in the air while they let the king of the 2 minute drill Matt Ryan just slice and dice into field goal range.
Dave: Hey, Jedd…Come here I got something to show you. 

Jedd: Oh…hey, Dave. What's up?  :ermm:

Dave: Check this out….! 

Jedd: Oh hey, wow….what is that?  Huh

Dave: That's your offense, Jedd.  :thumbsup:

Jedd: ……………  :mellow:

Dave: …………………………..  B)

Jedd: ……………………No, seriously, what is this? 

Dave: Whaddaya think?!! 

Jedd: This isn't an offense Dave, this looks like a bunch of rookies and a long snapper. What is he doing here?  :blink:  

Dave: Naaaawwwww…that's not a long snapper, that's your new tailback- Toby!  Smile

Jedd: And what are all of these practice squad guys doing here? 

Dave: That's your "depth"…! 

Jedd: WHAT?!……..Look, that guy is in a body cast…?

Dave: You've met Cecil….  :thumbsup:

Jedd: ………………………  :mellow:

Dave: Well, anyways I better get going *COUGH* produce or you're fired *COUGH cough*. 

Jedd: Wait, what was- 

Dave: GOTTA RUN, GOOD LUCK, TALK TO YOU SOON!!!…….  B)

Dead Fish and Babich. If we go 0-16, then Gus can go with him.
Quote:You know what would be scary as hell as a scenario would be for Atlanta to fire Mike Smith at seasons end and we wind up with that stiff. I wouldn't want him as head coach or DC. His defenses in Atlanta have been soft & lousy pretty much the whole time he's been there. 

Koetter/ Matt Ryan/ Jones/ White are the only reason the offenses are good there. 

On a positive note - While I would NOT want Mike Smith as HC OR DC of this team after any firing of Mike Smith by Atlanta at seasons end....I wouldn't object to Koetter returning to Jax as OC under the next head coach. 

This would be ideal: 

HC: JIm Harbaugh

OC: Dirk Koetter

DC: Rex Ryan

Quote:On a positive note - While I would NOT want Mike Smith as HC OR DC of this team after any firing of Mike Smith by Atlanta at seasons end....I wouldn't object to Koetter returning to Jax as OC under the next head coach. 

This would be ideal: 

and this is why no one takes you serious. harbaugh cant control his locker room, ryans defenses have not been good in years, and koetter is destroying atlanta like he did jax i would trust him with a popwarner offense
The offense is young and full of rookies, and I've been fairly impressed with Fisch's passing scheme although he seriously can use some help figuring out how to generate a running game in this league. Babich, on the other hand, simply is failing to get the job done. The defense was supposed to be the strength of this team this season, but these guys are still constantly whiffing both in terms of tackling and coverage. On defense this team sorely misses JDR.

Quote:and this is why no one takes you serious. harbaugh cant control his locker room, ryans defenses have not been good in years, and koetter is destroying atlanta like he did jax i would trust him with a popwarner offense

...Not take ME serious???

You are bashing Harbaugh when all he has done out in San Fran is WIN. Any nonsense about him "not being able to control the locker room" is TMZ rumor garbage and meaningless when there is no correlation to it showing up ON-FIELD. 

Ryan as Defensive Coordinator is one of the best in the league. You simply cannot separate Ryan the head coach from Ryan the DC. I'm not suggesting we bring in Ryan for HEAD COACH, though. 

And finally....Koetter is destroying Atlanta?? Mike Smith is the head coach, sporto...

You seem to be all mixed up. No wonder you defend losers like Bradley and don't give proper blame to Mike Smith and proper credit to the other 2. 

Quote:On a positive note - While I would NOT want Mike Smith as HC OR DC of this team after any firing of Mike Smith by Atlanta at seasons end....I wouldn't object to Koetter returning to Jax as OC under the next head coach. 

This would be ideal: 

We should also sign Andrew Luck, LeSean McCoy, Julio Jones, and Von Miller.
Quote:...Not take ME serious???

You are bashing Harbaugh when all he has done out in San Fran is WIN. Any nonsense about him "not being able to control the locker room" is TMZ rumor garbage and meaningless when there is no correlation to it showing up ON-FIELD. 

Ryan as Defensive Coordinator is one of the best in the league. You simply cannot separate Ryan the head coach from Ryan the DC. I'm not suggesting we bring in Ryan for HEAD COACH, though. 

And finally....Koetter is destroying Atlanta?? Mike Smith is the head coach, sporto...

You seem to be all mixed up. No wonder you defend losers like Bradley and don't give proper blame to Mike Smith and proper credit to the other 2. 
your right im clueless
We should all get use to the fact we will have the same staff for at least one more season.
If the Steelers fire Tomlin, I wouldn't mind seeing him come here in some capacity.  I might be alone there.

It's hard to tell if Fisch is naturally conservative, or a result of our rookie receivers not knowing the routes.  I'd like to see him be less predictable though.    And start to adjust to the opposing defenses.  Especially since right now we lack a running game, but we need to be doing that all the time anyway.  

Quote:We should also sign Andrew Luck, LeSean McCoy, Julio Jones, and Von Miller.

Ha, funny.....except, there actually is a realistic chance that all of Harbaugh/ Koetter/ and Rex Ryan become available this offseason, while there is pretty much ZERO chance that the 4 players you cite become available this offseason. 

Quote:If the Steelers fire Tomlin, I wouldn't mind seeing him come here in some capacity.  I might be alone there.

It's hard to tell if Fisch is naturally conservative, or a result of our rookie receivers not knowing the routes.  I'd like to see him be less predictable though.    And start to adjust to the opposing defenses.  Especially since right now we lack a running game, but we need to be doing that all the time anyway.  

I would doubt the Steelers fire Tomlin. He's won 2 SB there and they don't make changes much with their head coaches that have a history of winning. Had Tomlin not won anything there, then I might be more apt to agree with the chances of him becoming available in the offseason. But as it is now. Doubt it. 

This would be ideal:

Its also completely unrealistic.
Sorry, when your starting rookie QB throws for 370+ yards I have trouble blaming the lack or production on the coaches or the QB and more on ROOKIES not able to make plays. Its not common at all for rookie WRs to come in and make big plays all the time and go for over 1000 receiving yards. The entire offensive line is young players and a bad player in Zane Beadles. Other than that I dont see anything wrong with the playcalling and actually expect the offense to improve over the next 2 and a half months. 

Pages: 1 2 3