Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Blake Bortles named one of the most promising rookies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Check this out: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...back-class

This article is about the most promising rookie quarterbacks, starting with Blake Bortles. I agree with everything Marc Sessler wrote about him. 

Its nice to read and all but at this point, Its kinda obvious so it loses its thrill. 

One amazing point I got from that article was that Bortles leads the NFL in 3rd down conversions? Not just leads all rookie QB but the NFL?? Thats pretty damned impressive!

I disagree with the tone of the article underselling our rookie WR, though. I think our 3 rookie WR are good. 

Quote:One amazing point I got from that article was that Bortles leads the NFL in 3rd down conversions? Not just leads all rookie QB but the NFL?? Thats pretty damned impressive!

I disagree with the tone of the article underselling our rookie WR, though. I think our 3 rookie WR are good. 

I was surprised by that too.

Imagine how many more yards Blake would have if none of his perfect passes were dropped. That is the problem with our receivers.
Quote:I was surprised by that too.

Imagine how many more yards Blake would have if none of his perfect passes were dropped. That is the problem with our receivers.

I'd say realistically Blake should have about 3 more TD due to dropped passes. But he's not the only QB in the league that sufferes from that. They all do. 
I'm confused. How can we have a promising rookie because we have another thread on this board saying the front office or coaches haven't done one thing right?

One thing negatively about Bortles that I've noticed in recent games especially this last week is his mechanics have regressed again. He still produced, so it might not be all that big of a deal, but his mechanics were all over the place particularly on his throws on rollouts/ on the run. 

Quote:I'm confused. How can we have a promising rookie because we have another thread on this board saying the front office or coaches haven't done one thing right?

Nobody is saying we were wrong about Bortles. The complaints are about some other players on offense.
Quote:I'd say realistically Blake should have about 3 more TD due to dropped passes. But he's not the only QB in the league that sufferes from that. They all do. 
Thats true, but it seems this team is abnormally plagued with it in recent years.

Quote:I'm confused. How can we have a promising rookie because we have another thread on this board saying the front office or coaches haven't done one thing right?

Confuses me too. Caldwell has been blasted quite a bit, but he's hit on a lot of his draft picks, and as they say, the GM is ultimately graded on the QB. I think too much blame is put on Caldwell and not enough blame is put on Chris Polian, who is the director of pro personnel and ultimately responsible for the underwhelming FA acquisitions. Just my $.02

Theres nothing wrong with the front office (Caldwell). He's done a good job. 

So has Frank Scelfo the QB coach. I've given Scelfo credit. He's one of the 3 good assistants on this staff (Sullivan/ Wash being the other 2) 
The Caldwell bashing is knee-jerk. 

Quote:One thing negatively about Bortles that I've noticed in recent games especially this last week is his mechanics have regressed again. He still produced, so it might not be all that big of a deal, but his mechanics were all over the place particularly on his throws on rollouts/ on the run. 

It is called being a rookie. I knew consistency was not going to happen immediately.
Quote:Confuses me too. Caldwell has been blasted quite a bit, but he's hit on a lot of his draft picks, and as they say, the GM is ultimately graded on the QB. I think too much blame is put on Caldwell and not enough blame is put on Chris Polian, who is the director of pro personnel and ultimately responsible for the underwhelming FA acquisitions. Just my $.02

David Caldwell is the easy guy to blame because he drafted a lot of guys on our current roster and hired Gus Bradley.

What would confuse me is if anyone said we were wrong about Blake Bortles.
Caldwell hiring Gus Bradley is probably the biggest "con" on Caldwell's "Pro/ Con" list. 

All I want to know, is he still neutered?

Quote:All I want to know, is he still neutered?

Why do you care about that?
Quote:One amazing point I got from that article was that Bortles leads the NFL in 3rd down conversions? Not just leads all rookie QB but the NFL?? Thats pretty damned impressive!

That's pretty amazing for a QB that has shackles on isn't it?
Quote:All I want to know, is he still neutered?

Quote:That's pretty amazing for a QB that has shackles on isn't it?

You're late to the party....I said after the game in posts that it appeared that they didn't shackle Bortles this past game like they had done in the 6 quarters prior. They let Bortles be Bortles more this past game. They must have read my posts. 

Quote:You're late to the party....I said after the game in posts that it appeared that they didn't shackle Bortles this past game like they had done in the 6 quarters prior. They let Bortles be Bortles more this past game. They must have read my posts. 

That clearly is the case here.
Pages: 1 2 3