Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: How is a guy declared a franchise QB after three games?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Yes, he's strong and extends plays.  He can make all the throws.  But there is certainly no guarantee the guy is going to stop throwing INT's.  Yes, the one today Hurns fell down, but there have been several other balls that could of easily been INT's if not for drops on the defenders.  Not sure why everyone is so sure "we have a franchise QB."  I hope this team takes another QB, I'd rather have a couple talented QB's than go down the road of passing on another Aarron Rogers because we have leftwich again. 

And with that, I bid you all good night
Quote:And with that, I bid you all good night
Because Blake is a guaranteed perennial pro-bowler and hall of famer?
Quote:Because Blake is a guaranteed perennial pro-bowler and hall of famer?

who said he would be?

He's the best player on offense and probably already our best player on this team.

He's not the problem.  We like what we see from Bortles.  That's all I'm going to say.  
Quote:Because Blake is a guaranteed perennial pro-bowler and hall of famer?

You're embarrassing yourself.
He extends drives, which is something the Jags haven't had in a long, long time. 

Blake is the best all around QB we've seen in a long time here. Are we forgetting what it was like with Henne? The team has fight with Bortles, they're just bad. We aren't going to waste a pick on another dude and hope he can save everything by himself... this is the NFL. This post tells me that fans are about as new and inexperienced as the team. You aren't going to get 500 yards passing and 5 TD's with this team. This is why the Patriots wanted to draft him, they saw him as a franchise QB. He makes the plays that are there and then some. He's just a noob with a bad team presently.

Quote:who said he would be?

He's the best player on offense and probably already our best player on this team.

He's not the problem.  We like what we see from Bortles.  That's all I'm going to say.  

He was also the best RB the Jags had today.

He literally has to do it all on offense right now.

Get that man some help.
Quote:who said he would be?

And all I'm saying is don't stop drafting QB's because one looks okay so far.  The Jags have done that before. 
He's good, and a rookie. I know you're upset that this team sucks, but you are going to regret making this thread. Maybe not this year, but soon.
Quote:You're embarrassing yourself.

It wouldn't be the first time someone on here did that would it?
By wearing teal goggles.

Quote:You're embarrassing yourself.

I agree he looks good and has potential, I just don't want to not have a contingency plan in case of injury or a lack of development.  If your going to draft in the top five for several years in a row, there's no reason with the rookie pay scale to not have lot's of QB talent.  Doesn't have to be first round.
Quote:And all I'm saying is don't stop drafting QB's because one looks okay so far.  The Jags have done that before. 

I agree, draft them, develop them, showcase them in preseason and trade them for picks like some teams do.

The QB is the most important position in the NFL, teams will give up a king's ransom for a decent one, I've seen it.
Quote:And all I'm saying is don't stop drafting QB's because one looks okay so far. The Jags have done that before.

He's looked better then okay. People believe he looks like a franchise QB and he has made huge improvements. Is this thread necessary?
Quote:Yes, he's strong and extends plays.  He can make all the throws.  But there is certainly no guarantee the guy is going to stop throwing INT's.  Yes, the one today Hurns fell down, but there have been several other balls that could of easily been INT's if not for drops on the defenders.  Not sure why everyone is so sure "we have a franchise QB."  I hope this team takes another QB, I'd rather have a couple talented QB's than go down the road of passing on another Aarron Rogers because we have leftwich again. 

What you're saying is that you don't like what you see from bortles?

Name a quarterback who you think has done better as a rookie....  
Because he threw for over 300 yards with THIS offense.. That's why.. 

Was Peyton Manning a franchise QB int 98?  

Should THEY maybe have drafted somebody? 

Quote:Yes, he's strong and extends plays.  He can make all the throws.  But there is certainly no guarantee the guy is going to stop throwing INT's.  Yes, the one today Hurns fell down, but there have been several other balls that could of easily been INT's if not for drops on the defenders.  Not sure why everyone is so sure "we have a franchise QB."  I hope this team takes another QB, I'd rather have a couple talented QB's than go down the road of passing on another Aarron Rogers because we have leftwich again.

Care to name a Qb that has ever stopped throwing interceptions?
Quote:What you're saying is that you don't like what you see from bortles?

Quote:What you're saying is that you don't like what you see from bortles?

No, i'm saying your always an injury away and the guy could keep pressing and making bad decisions when the game is on the line.  I'm saying have someone better than Henne as a contingency plan. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7