Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Stupid things said at / watching Jags games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I heard myself say some stupid things at the Steelers game today.  They are as follows:

A:  A turnover here would be nice (This is the stupidest thing ever, a turnover is ALWAYS nice)

B: We could use a sack here (when could we ever not use a sack?)

Please post the stupid things you hear yourself say in this thread!  Enjoy, I am sure I will think of more that I have contributed.

"I wonder what Vicbow Rules is saying right about now."

I kid, I kid.

We just might win this game.

While watching games I recorded, I habitually yelled, "Keep gong keep going keep going!" as if the game was live. That is one reason I hate to record games.

Does the defense know what third down means

"Maybe Gerhart will be able to run for a 1st" (Often said in 3rd and 1 situations)

"We'll do better in the second half."

"Red Zone, we can get a TD here!"

Quote:Does the defense know what third down means

Yes. It means leave a WR wiiiide open downfield.
The game was tied 3-3 and the guy in back of me is screaming, 'We're still in this game.'.

Well yeah. I would think at 3-3, both teams are still in the game.
I was at a game where a guy near me yelled "go for the touchdown!" on a third and goal play.  My wife and I now yell that phrase on every goal to go play, just in case the plan is for them to settle for the field goal.

do you have anything besides lite beer ?

Is Cecil playing?

Quote:Is Cecil playing?

Probably not, but I think Marqise will.
"If we can just hold them to a FG, everything will be fine."

"Hold my beer and watch this."

Quote:I was at a game where a guy near me yelled "go for the touchdown!" on a third and goal play.  My wife and I now yell that phrase on every goal to go play, just in case the plan is for them to settle for the field goal.

Hahaha, I might yell this to myself at home now.
$9 !?! I can buy a 12 pack for that!   

Quote:$9 !?! I can buy a 12 pack for that!   
For a coke? I could get blown for [nine] dollars!
Not specifically JAX games, but as a football coach if I never hear the term "hit somebody!" again, I will die a happy man.

I keep hearing this :  "For the love of Pete, wrap him up you useless piece of ..."  Oh, wait, that was me

Quote:Not specifically JAX games, but as a football coach if I never hear the term "hit somebody!" again, I will die a happy man.
One thing I love hear youth coaches shout around here is something along the lines of "You need to tackle better!" to their players after they missed three tackles in a row. Apparently coaching and pointing out the bleeding obvious are the same thing. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4