Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Allen Robinson
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Listen up. I got the scouts eye

And my scouts eye has seen enough of AR15 to know one thing. This guy is gonna be good....really good. I'm talking Pro Bowl good.

This team is set at QB and WR. I can't get upset because it's just a matter of time before we turn good. I'm talking extremely narsty good. It'll happen and it's not even debatable actually.

Anonymous scout signing out. Carry on
Quote:Listen up. I got the scouts eye

And my scouts eye has seen enough of AR15 to know one thing. This guy is gonna be good....really good. I'm talking Pro Bowl good.

This team is set at QB and WR. I can't get upset because it's just a matter of time before we turn good. I'm talking extremely narsty good. It'll happen and it's not even debatable actually.

I likey him too.... Kick Shorts out so Hurns, Lee and Arob can get more playing time.
no no, Hurns is the best ever.  Who is this Arob guy?

have you seen the way Hurns bobbles that ball with his chest?  really magical.

Quote:Listen up. I got the scouts eye

He will have a lot more chances to shine with Cecil Shorts III missing this game against the Steelers, Lee appears to be doubtful for the Steelers as well... Sanders could play but he hasnt practiced much.... Brown has been a disappointment

and Hurns is usally double covered.
As long as hurns Lee ar15 are battling each other for snaps I'll be happy. Good group there.
hurns is nothing more than a guy we are liking to root for. I think everyone watching the games without teal colored glasses understands Hurns is getting open through opponents mistakes and pure luck catching the ball rather than his own skill.

This is where Robinson and Lee differ, They make contested catches and catch the ball with precision.

PS: This isn't to say hurns can't evolve into what Lee/Robinson are. just saying Lee/Robinson is currently better

Quote:hurns is nothing more than a guy we are liking to root for. I think everyone watching the games without teal colored glasses understands Hurns is getting open through opponents mistakes and pure luck catching the ball rather than his own skill.

This is where Robinson and Lee differ, They make contested catches and catch the ball with precision.

PS: This isn't to say hurns can't evolve into what Lee/Robinson are. just saying Lee/Robinson is currently better

that's right
Quote:hurns is nothing more than a guy we are liking to root for. I think everyone watching the games without teal colored glasses understands Hurns is getting open through opponents mistakes and pure luck catching the ball rather than his own skill.

Hurns does something that Lee and Robinson haven't done much of yet.  He runs great routes.  His double moves are what gets him open for the long passes.  If he can learn to catch the ball with his hands he has the ability to be the best WR on this team.  AR15 does too though.  

It's a good problem to have Smile
Quote:Hurns does something that Lee and Robinson haven't done much of yet.  He runs great routes.  His double moves are what gets him open for the long passes.  If he can learn to catch the ball with his hands he has the ability to be the best WR on this team.  AR15 does too though.  

he also has more than a full year in this system...

don't get me wrong I love that Hurns is producing for us, but he isn't as good as everybody thinks

Quote:he also has more than a full year in this system...

don't get me wrong I love that Hurns is producing for us, but he isn't as good as everybody thinks

Henne had a full year in the system too and sucked.  You can't argue with his production or his route running.  Why can't we just be happy that we have promising young guys?
Quote:Henne had a full year in the system too and sucked.  You can't argue with his production or his route running.  Why can't we just be happy that we have promising young guys?

Im happy.  yay

Henne is garbage.  Is Hurns garbage?  No, but he isn't the second coming of Michael Irvin either.

Allen Robinson is more talented and has more potential.  Deal with it.

Quote:Hurns does something that Lee and Robinson haven't done much of yet.  He runs great routes.  His double moves are what gets him open for the long passes.  If he can learn to catch the ball with his hands he has the ability to be the best WR on this team.  AR15 does too though.  

Id say its more the opponents underestimating/failing than him making pro bowl double moves but it is above average.

Lets just keep everything in prespective, As an undrafted Fa, He is overperforming. Looking at his play, He needs major work.

Probably the best receiving core the team has had in many years since Jimmy Smith played, but they are all rookies so I'm saying that based on what i've seen so far & what I expect to see next year based on them improving & learning..
Quote:Im happy.  yay

Henne is garbage.  Is Hurns garbage?  No, but he isn't the second coming of Michael Irvin either.

Allen Robinson is more talented and has more potential.  Deal with it.

Hurns has been playing injured (ankle) while many of the other WRs sit on the bench... he wasnt drafted and yet is beating many other rookie WRs stats that were...

He got wide open last week, and yes he needs to improve his hands but honestly as long as he is catching it.. who cares..

GO JAGS!!
Quote:Hurns has been playing injured (ankle) while many of the other WRs sit on the bench... he wasnt drafted and yet is beating many other rookie WRs stats that were...

He got wide open last week, and yes he needs to improve his hands but honestly as long as he is catching it.. who cares..

GO JAGS!!

Gus bradley, Sullivan, Bortles, Caldwell, etc.

You dont rely on a iffy hands receiver on 3rd down in crunch time and thats where a #1 receiver establishes his dominance.
Quote:Hurns has been playing injured (ankle) while many of the other WRs sit on the bench... he wasnt drafted and yet is beating many other rookie WRs stats that were...

GO JAGS!!

He isn't better than Allen Robinson or Lee.  Sorry.

Hurns is a beast physically. Did you see that TD he had where he broke 3 tackles and ran 60 yards for a TD?

They are all 3 good WRs in their own way. Very different WRs.
Quote:Hurns is a beast physically. Did you see that TD he had where he broke 3 tackles and ran 60 yards for a TD?

They are all 3 good WRs in their own way. Very different WRs.

I did. The defenders failed to wrap him up like they shouldve been taught since pee wee ball. Credit to hurns for taking advantage of such poor play but any d-back worth a dime would have him tackled easily.

You are right about them all being different and thats what made this previous draft look genius besides bortles.

Why the comparisons?

Who cares?

As long as they produce big plays, I'll be glad they're Jaguars.
Quote:Why the comparisons?

Who cares?

As long as they produce big plays, I'll be glad they're Jaguars.

Because a lot of people are saying, "Hey this guy is better than the ones we drafted."  No, he isn't.
Pages: 1 2 3 4