Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Steelers Week
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Now that everyone knows what Blake Bortles can do and how he makes the 10 guys around him better we can focus more on the good stuff when discussing the offense. The defense still is struggling with mental errors, but the cutting of Winston Guy is good news. Also, we got Ace Sanders back, which should help us with the punt returns and some passing plays. I think we will see some more good things Sunday along with the bad stuff.

The Steelers are 2-2 and coming off a shocking home loss against the Buccaneers. They also lost at Baltimore and won at Carolina. Their scoring offense is ranked #13. Our biggest challenge this week is to stop giving up "explosive" third down plays. I also want to see if our run defense actually improved or just benefited from not playing against the starter in San Diego.

Hopefully we will get to see Blake Bortles continue to improve as the home crowd cheers him on. This will be his first-ever start at home. Because he was compared many times to Ben Roethlisberger, I am looking forward to seeing how accurate that is by watching both quarterbacks.

GO JAGUARS!

If they can cover Antonio Brown like they did with Antonio Gates, I think we'll be better off than last week. The Chargers had Allen and Royal lighting us because of the focus we had on Gates on top of blown coverage. If we can't find a way to contain Brown, we instantly lose.

Alan Ball and Cyprien should be glued to Brown and I sure hope the rest of our defense can contain Wheaton and Heath Miller...

Our run Defense did play against the 3rd string running back in San Diego, but their collapse and pursuit with noticing the run was really good.

Quote:Alan Ball and Cyprien should be glued to Brown and I sure hope the rest of our defense can contain Wheaton and Heath Miller...

I'd prefer is Cyprien wasn't only covering brown. He is our difference maker. I'd keep Ball and our FS to cover Brown. Cyp needs to help out elsewhere as the steelers are still a run first team as it controls time of possession and tires the defense faster.
Quote:I'd prefer is Cyprien wasn't only covering brown. He is our difference maker. I'd keep Ball and our FS to cover Brown. Cyp needs to help out elsewhere as the steelers are still a run first team as it controls time of possession and tires the defense faster.

Do you know who our free safety is now?

We need to put Cyprien where the best wide receiver is. No other safety on our roster can shut that guy down.

My biggest worry defensively is Gratz. He was replaced by McCray, who is new and did not help much.
I don't think we should rely on Josh Evans to cover a top 5 WR at the moment.

Also, McCray is probably about even in terms of skill with Gratz. The TD he gave up was perfectly played by Rivers and Royal and there's nothing he could've done better, he was all over him. I wouldn't worry about McCray at all. I would worry about the LB's covering Heath Miller and not blowing coverage in the middle like Geno Hayes did.

Big Blake > Big Ben I don't care what the outcome. 

Quote:Big Blake > Big Ben I don't care what the outcome. 

You should care if you are really a Jaguars fan.

Time will tell if Bortles is better than Roethlisberger. For now, I just want to see if the comparisons are accurate and how much Blake improves with Sanders back.
Quote:Do you know who our free safety is now?

We need to put Cyprien where the best wide receiver is. No other safety on our roster can shut that guy down.

My biggest worry defensively is Gratz. He was replaced by McCray, who is new and did not help much.

I'd rather have our best safety be able to make a play for the ball no matter who gets it. He needs to be able to cover the run as well as help in coverage. Ben has too many weapons as his disposal. If Cyprien gets stuck on one receiver, then that is one less person they have to worry about. I'd rather them worry about Cyp.

The Jags need to go back to old school football right now. That's how we always played the steelers tough. Old school offense and well semi new school defense as we don't have the people to play full old school defense.
Steelers just lost to the winless Bucs.  They will be extremely focused this week.

Quote:Steelers just lost to the winless Bucs.  They will be extremely focused this week.

Yeah, I was thinking about that right after the Steelers lost.

I would have much preferred they beat the Bucs and then play the Jags, than lose and have the Jags as their next game.

The Jags will definitely see a more motivated Steelers team.

Hopefully we see Bad Ben this week, instead of Big Angry Motivated Ben.

That said, the Jags actually do have a chance to win this game, the defense will have to play better, esp on 3rd downs though.

What's the line in this game?
Quote:What's the line in this game?

Whatever it is, I'd play the Steelers and lay the points.  We've beaten the spread like 5 times in the Gus Bradley era.  And mind you, we've been seeing record lines against us......
Quote:Now that everyone knows what Blake Bortles can do and how he makes the 10 guys around him better we can focus more on the good stuff when discussing the offense. The defense still is struggling with mental errors, but the cutting of Winston Guy is good news. Also, we got Ace Sanders back, which should help us with the punt returns and some passing plays. I think we will see some more good things Sunday along with the bad stuff.

The Steelers are 2-2 and coming off a shocking home loss against the Buccaneers. They also lost at Baltimore and won at Carolina. Their scoring offense is ranked #13. Our biggest challenge this week is to stop giving up "explosive" third down plays. I also want to see if our run defense actually improved or just benefited from not playing against the starter in San Diego.

Hopefully we will get to see Blake Bortles continue to improve as the home crowd cheers him on. This will be his first-ever start at home. Because he was compared many times to Ben Roethlisberger, I am looking forward to seeing how accurate that is by watching both quarterbacks.

GO JAGUARS!

Ace Sanders was only equal to Mike Brown in talent prior to his suspesion, but I am hoping he improved (however with no practices I doubt it)...

I dont think cutting Winston Guy is going to spark the Defense since the last cuts didnt do the trick, but something has to be done.

I am hoping Slowby gets it together in this game....
Just saw an early line.

Steelers are favored by 6.5.

Opened at 4

The Steelers defense is ranked 15th, Jaguars 32nd.

(Steelers are ranked 16th against the pass, Jagaurs ranked 32nd)

(Steelers are ranked 15th against the run,  Jaguars are ranked 25th against the run)

The Steelers are ranked 5th overall in Offense in the NFL, while the Jaguars are ranked 31st (thank you Blake for making it improve by one).

(Steelers are ranked 8th in passing, Jags 24th)

(Steelers are ranked 5th in running, Jaguars are ranked 30th thanks Slowby)!

The Jaguars are number 1 in something in the NFL, punting!  YEAH

Antonio Brown

425 yards receiving, 4 TD's.. Madden-esque.. 

Quote:You should care if you are really a Jaguars fan.

Time will tell if Bortles is better than Roethlisberger. For now, I just want to see if the comparisons are accurate and how much Blake improves with Sanders back.
Hilarious coming from you because if we were playing the Broncos this week, you would be rooting for them.
Quote:Ace Sanders was only equal to Mike Brown in talent prior to his suspesion.

Disagree. Ace adds a different dimension to the offense with his quickness and change of direction ability. He is also a threat to score on any return. Brown had regressed and offers little at this point, IMO.
Quote:Ace Sanders was only equal to Mike Brown in talent prior to his suspesion, but I am hoping he improved (however with no practices I doubt it)...

I dont think cutting Winston Guy is going to spark the Defense since the last cuts didnt do the trick, but something has to be done.

I am hoping Slowby gets it together in this game....
If by equal you mean...quicker, faster, and a more natural receiver then sure Ace & Mike Brown were equal
steelers, weak

Wins come in bunches. I think if the Jags goes over the hump on Sunday, we could be on a roll. The next 3 games (Titans, Dolphins and Browns) are all winnable. Is 4-4 a crazy thought? Maybe. But a Steelers win jump starts something good. 

Pages: 1 2 3 4