Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: JJ Watt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
He is special. Definitely the defensive player of the year. If the texans win the division he may be up there for MVP
When I think of JJ Watt, all that comes into my head is trading up for Gabbert.

He is no doubt a special player. I do wish we would have picked him...

I was at the game with his 80-yard pick-6 and it was absolutely amazing. How he is able to actually intercept a pass from 4 yards away that would bruise the arm of any mortal attempting a pass breakup is completely next level.  I remember the draft and I was actually disappointed we didn't get Robert Quinn at the time, so it wasn't just the Jags fans that didn't see what he would become.

Quote: I remember the draft and I was actually disappointed we didn't get Robert Quinn at the time, so it wasn't just the Jags fans that didn't see what he would become.
I remember there was a debate on this MB if he would be a good fit in our D if he fell to us, of course this was Del Rio's defense. I liked him more than Kerrigan, but had no idea he'd be anywhere near the player he is today.
Watt will go down as one of the best defensive players this league has ever seen.

Watt is the reason I thought the Texans shouldnt go after Clowney.  I realize you can never have to much talent at the defensive end position, but I thought they could shore up another area.

Watt is a beast.

The guy might go down as the best defensive player EVER.  Watt is that good!

He's [BLEEP] for sure. Wish he was our [BLEEP].
Quote:The guy might go down as the best defensive player EVER.  Watt is that good!

Reggie White and Lawrence Taylor say hello. Watt is great though. But Taylor was and NFL MVP.
Quote:Reggie White and Lawrence Taylor say hello. Watt is great though. But Taylor was and NFL MVP.
Tell them I said Hi.  You can put Watt on that level!
Quote:Tell them I said Hi.  You can put Watt on that level!

When he wins an MVP leading his team to SB win. He is closer to Bruce Smith level, not even close to the dominance of LT.
Quote:When he wins an MVP leading his team to SB win. He is closer to Bruce Smith level, not even close to the dominance of LT.

Whether he's won a MVP or Super Bowl is irrelevant. Watts 2012 season was arguably the most impressive individual defensive performance in NFL history. It was also in only his second year. He did win defensive player of the year by the way.

At this point of his career (36.5 sacks through three seasons 38.5 total) he definitely belongs in the conversation with Reggie White and Lawrence Taylor.
Quote:When he wins an MVP leading his team to SB win. He is closer to Bruce Smith level, not even close to the dominance of LT.

JJ Watt (so far) is one of the most dominant defensive players this league has ever seen, period. I was watching that game last week and even when he doesn't sack or hit the QB, he consistently blows up the line of scrimmage. The guy is a freak, an incredible twitched up athlete with freaky strength, he's on the level of Reggie White/LT etc.., I don't care if he wins a SB or not, that's an ignorant argument.

he sucks.  probably on HGH

I hate to say anything nice about the Texans, but JJ Watt is a sicko. He's a beast no doubt.

The conversation is LT and ends with him.
JJ Watt, as mentioned earlier. So far, I think it's fair to say he has been one of the more dominant players we've seen in years. Everyone thought that Suh was going to claim that title. He's really kind of digressed though since his amazing rookie season. But with Watt, he's getting plenty of attention from the offensive line, yet, he just finds ways to get it done. He's awesome. I'd say it's a fair statement to call him this era's  LT, Bruce Smith, and Reggie White. I don't have a problem saying that one bit. Will he play for 20 years and crush their records? I don't know. It's wayyyyyyyyy too early for that. But he's certainly got the ability and attitude to pull it off if he wants to pursue that.

And yes, it does make you sick that we traded up six spots to take Blaine Gabbert with this beast still on the board. Especially when we've been looking for the next Brackens since he left Jacksonville. And this guy makes Brackens look like Renaldo Wynn....

Texans should cut him

Clowney was so unnecessary
Pages: 1 2 3 4