Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Unsung Hero on the Defenese. We might have a star in the making
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This guy's primary role is to hit, harass, and to sack the QB.  He is young and has been doing very good things quietly for this defense.   He has 8 sacks in his last 11 games.  He also seems to be our most consistent edge rusher.  Yes he does struggle against the run at times and he does dance at stupid times in the game.  He is young, hungry, and playing at pretty high level.

I give you

[Image: 450230611.0_standard_730.0.jpg]

Ryan Davis also
I've always liked Andre at DE since we drafted him out of Clemson.  He needs to mature and keep working and he could become a future anchor on the D-Line.

Have to admit, I didn't like him in the preseason. I honestly thought he'd be on the bench

But he has come out and been the only consistent pass rusher on the team.

I'm indifferent to the dance and his abilities as a run stopper. This is a passing league, and bad run stopping skills can be compensated for.

Branch has been playing very well. I hope he keeps it up.

I do admit he still seems a little immature but just keep getting to the QB man haha
I see no reason to call him an unsung hero. He is just one of the guys and happens to be much better now than he was at this time last year.

They need to start him over Clemons at this point. More opportunities equals more sacks. 

Quote:They need to start him over Clemons at this point. More opportunities equals more sacks. 

After his three-sack performance at Philadelphia, I am surprised he is the backup.
The sacks are great, but it seems they have been more coverage than just beating his man quickly.

Not sure how accurate this is, but he has 0 hurries this year to go along with the sacks.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/...ries/2014/

Seems like a good rotational guy right now at best.
Quote:After his three-sack performance at Philadelphia, I am surprised he is the backup.
Because he didn't have three sacks, he had two
Quote:Because he didn't have three sacks, he had two

That's why it's so surprising.
Quote:They need to start him over Clemons at this point. More opportunities equals more sacks. 

Regardless of if he starts or not, he is on the field alot for this defense. They rotate guys in and out all game.
Quote:Because he didn't have three sacks, he had two

I think they later awarded him a third sack. Not positive though.
But Alfie said he sucks....
Quote:The sacks are great, but it seems they have been more coverage than just beating his man quickly.

Not sure how accurate this is, but he has 0 hurries this year to go along with the sacks.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/...ries/2014/

Seems like a good rotational guy right now at best.

Precisely.

He has stats, but they're meaningless stats.

A great pass rusher gets sacks by beating guys and making a great play. Branch gets his sacks by stunting or having the QB hold the ball too long as was the case for Foles in game one.

It's great that Branch has gotten some stats, but he's going to have to do much more than just being the right guy in the rotation when the QB does a poor job and the coverage does a good job for me to consider him anything more than an Alualu level player.
Quote:Precisely.

He has stats, but they're meaningless stats.

A great pass rusher gets sacks by beating guys and making a great play. Branch gets his sacks by stunting or having the QB hold the ball too long as was the case for Foles in game one.

It's great that Branch has gotten some stats, but he's going to have to do much more than just being the right guy in the rotation when the QB does a poor job and the coverage does a good job for me to consider him anything more than an Alualu level player.

That's all well and good, except the rest of our d-line has 1, 1, 1, 1 on the hurries column.
Quote:That's all well and good, except the rest of our d-line has 1, 1, 1, 1 on the hurries column.

What does that have to do with the position of Branch not being an impact player at DE?
Quote:What does that have to do with the position of Branch not being an impact player at DE?

he is doing better than everyone else.
Quote:Regardless of if he starts or not, he is on the field alot for this defense. They rotate guys in and out all game.
Start as in limit Clemons reps and give him more man. Damn. You don't think he's on the field less than Clemons?
Meaningless sacks. I've heard it all now.

Pages: 1 2 3