Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: What Traits do you want to see from Bortles?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
We all want him to play well but what is the one thing you are looking for above all else?

I am looking for him to keep throwing the long ball and take some chances.   I am so tired of seeing opposing teams stack the LOS and the Jags can't do anything about it.  I don't care about the INTS I want to see him have one thing that a Jags QB has not had in awhile.  A big set of balls

I want to see him making a blitz pay for it.
Standing tall in the pocket and delivering the throw right before he gets hit

I want to see him continue to elude pass rushers and buy time while keeping his eyes down field.
He doesn't choke or cower under pressure. So many times you would see Henne or Gabbert get scared and fall to the ground or panic. Bortles stands tall and looks so calm and relaxed in the pocket.

I want to see him step into the throw on the deep balls.  He sees the field well, has great instincts and fires the ball on the 10-15 yard pass.  He has a tendency to stand flat footed on the deeper throws and they float which can result in picks.  He has the arm, he just needs to throw with more velocity on the 20+ yard passes.

I want to see more of the touchdown trait...

Quote:I want to see more of the touchdown trait...
And some of that winning trait
Quote:And some of that winning trait
That too...
Accuracy.  

HE HAS EVERYTHING ELSE!

(AND HE'S BEEN MOSTLY ACCURATE SO FAR THIS SEASON SO ....!!!! :woot: )

Man, I can't wait to see his 2014 Season Highlights on YouTube once the summer hits
He has everything that we haven't seen out of a Jags QB in forever.

Stands tall in the pocket

throws down field

Accurate throwing on the run

big and strong

accurate

Not checkdown happy

Oh my S...how sweet it is.
I think he has shown everything you want to see to be excited about the future but, if I have to come up with something he hasn't shown yet....... it'd have to be him showing leadership by holding other people accountable for mistakes. For too long our QBs have been too passive I want to see fire. Grab a lineman by the facemask and scream!! Make these young wrs scared to run the wrong route. We already got the happyass "get em next time" coach Lets see some fire
Composure is the main thing, I don't want him to be a Matt stafford just launch the ball at silly times id like to see him like a Drew brees.
Composure is the main thing, I don't want him to be a Matt stafford just launch the ball at silly times id like to see him like a Drew brees.
Quote:We all want him to play well but what is the one thing you are looking for above all else?

I am looking for him to keep throwing the long ball and take some chances.   I am so tired of seeing opposing teams stack the LOS and the Jags can't do anything about it.  I don't care about the INTS I want to see him have one thing that a Jags QB has not had in awhile.  A big set of balls

Why didn't somebody think of this earlier? Great topic this week! I can see this thread expanding to multiple pages.

You should care about how balls are intercepted. They should be like this first, not his second. Blake called the second one "stupid" and has already learned from it. The first one, not even Jedd is worried about because that was actually a good pass.

Quote:I want to see him step into the throw on the deep balls.  He sees the field well, has great instincts and fires the ball on the 10-15 yard pass.  He has a tendency to stand flat footed on the deeper throws and they float which can result in picks.  He has the arm, he just needs to throw with more velocity on the 20+ yard passes.

Adam Archuleta explained the reason he did not step up before one throw was the offensive line did not give him any room to do that. So you are asking for the OL to be more in sync with him.

Now it is my turn . . .

If I had to pick one thing, it would be clock management. Does he know when to go no-huddle, spike the ball (for real), hand it off to maximize TOP, and call timeouts?
Looking at All 22 he wasn't very accurate against the Clots, I would like to see if he progresses with a week of preparation as the starter or if he still has this issue.

The Clutch Moments that make teams fear giving him the ball with time remaining
Quote:Looking at All 22 he wasn't very accurate against the Clots, I would like to see if he progresses with a week of preparation as the starter or if he still has this issue.

I'm still writing that off to first game nerves and shorter practice time. I think he cleans that up a bit this week.

I really want to see him not afraid to rack up points. Which will partly be on Fisch, but if we're up by 14 I want to see him take an end zone shot to put us up 21. Not this "play not to lose" mentality our qbs have had.

Again a lot of that is on the play calling.
Quote:Looking at All 22 he wasn't very accurate against the Clots, I would like to see if he progresses with a week of preparation as the starter or if he still has this issue.
Well, you got to understand that he was throwing alot of passes down field a instead of the easy check downs and despite his aggressive approach he still was 58% passing which is pretty good. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4