Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Which QB should start week 2?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Well I figured a poll would be a quick and great way to see the breakdown of how fans feel about which QB should start?  And whether or not week 1 changed your opinion.

I clicked "Manage Topic Poll" and "Finished" after creating the questions.  Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I even tried dragging "Manage Topic Poll" into the post.

Anyway what QB should start next week?  Bortles or Henne

Did week 1 change your opinion?  Yes or No

I was in support of Henne but after today would rather see Bortles.

I vote for corn

It worked just doesn't show up in "Preview Post."

Bortles and no.

I've been adamant that Bortles should start and this week only made that opinion stronger.

I can't imagine a single Jags fan wanting to see the 2nd half Henne on the field again.

The 1st half Henne, yeah, bring that guy back.

The 2nd half Henne, well, this could be a family board, so I'll just say No thank you.

I just can't imagine that BB's could play as bad as Henne did in the 2nd half. I just can't.

Do I expect him to look like he did in preseason, no, the defenses will be different and they will blitz at times and try to run confusing coverages, but I still believe it would be hard to look as bad as Henne did during that 2nd half.

I know it's not all Henne's fault and no one is saying it is, but as a QB with a 17 point lead, he simply has to play better and make plays to move the offense.

Who really thinks Henne should be starting over BB? Besides Gus of course...
Quote:Who really thinks Henne should be starting over BB? Besides Gus of course...

Fisch

Caldwell

.. That's all I got...
Play the kid there's no point in him not playing? You don't develop on the bench I'm sorry you just don't
Who the hell voted for Henne?!?!
Quote:Play the kid there's no point in him not playing? You don't develop on the bench I'm sorry you just don't

Next year, we can watch him develop.  The Jags have been bad for a long time now, what's two more years.
No, keep Henne out there next week, but I'd like to see Bortles in the home opener.
Quote:Next year, we can watch him develop. The Jags have been bad for a long time now, what's two more years.

Seems like that's the plan, I don't get it....
Quote:Who the hell voted for Henne?!?!

+1
Henne actually had some good passes dropped. The game might have been completely different if Hurns hangs on to a few more passes. It would be difficult for any QB with 3 rookie WRs, rookie OG and center that has never started a game at that position. The OL is still a draft away from being solid. Would love to see Blake play but not sure that's a good idea behind this OL with young WRs. The interior of the OL was getting pushed into the backfield on almost every running play and guys completely missing blocks on passing downs.
Quote:Henne actually had some good passes dropped. The game might have been completely different if Hurns hangs on to a few more passes. It would be difficult for any QB with 3 rookie WRs, rookie OG and center that has never started a game at that position. The OL is still a draft away from being solid. Would love to see Blake play but not sure that's a good idea behind this OL with young WRs. The interior of the OL was getting pushed into the backfield on almost every running play and guys completely missing blocks on passing downs.

I don't remember a free run at Henne except one, those are going to happen sometimes no matter what team your talking about.
Is this a serious question?
Quote:Is this a serious question?

Apparently there are still some Henne supporters out there, or at least Jaguar organization supporters.
Quote:Who the hell voted for Henne?!?!

I did.. Because I'm not giving into some knee jerk reaction and risk the chance of ruining our franchise QB (ala Gabbert) before this O-line is fixed and Bortles is ready. This isn't Madden..
Quote:I did.. Because I'm not giving into some knee jerk reaction and risk the chance of ruining our franchise QB (ala Gabbert) before this O-line is fixed and Bortles is ready. This isn't Madden..

Gabbert wasn't "ruined" he was never an NFL QB to begin with.  Bortles can play.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7