Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Bortles to get first team reps during regular season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Sorry if this has been posted. Didn't see it anywhere:

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2014/8/27/6...ars-season

Looks like BB will be splitting first team reps during the regular season with Henne. Which is more and more apparent that he's not going to sit the whole year like some originally assumed. I'm still thinking the home game against the Steelers week 5 is when he makes his debut.
Where's the like button!

I really like this approach.  I want to seem him play, but at the same time he doesn't need to be thrown to the wolves.  This is smart.

Meaning like taking a series here and there??...

Thats kinda stupid, IMO....

Either start him and play him all the time or start Henne and play him until the time that Bortles is ready to start. 

Don't do it half [BLEEP]. 

Quote:Meaning like taking a series here and there??...

Either start him and play him all the time or start Henne and play him until the time that Bortles is ready to start.

Don't do it half [BAD WORD REMOVED].

Practice reps. Not in game reps.
Quote:Meaning like taking a series here and there??...

Don't do it half [BAD WORD REMOVED]. 
Good lord, read the freakin article before you pop off.  You are such a freakin clown.
Quote:Practice reps. Not in game reps.

Oh, sorry then, nevermind. 

I assumed that it meant in game reps. Like a series here and a series there....(Which has been done before by others so its not such an unprecedented notion, btw,,,,)....but I just would hate that sort of approach. 

If its practice reps than cool, but.....I'd say it was pretty much expected, tbh. 

Quote:Good lord, read the freakin article before you pop off. You are such a freakin clown.

Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
It may be "expected" but it's nice to hear confirmed. A lot of people were worried he wouldn't get many reps to continue his development or build chemistry with the line/receivers once the season started.
Reading is fundamental. 

Doesn't the number 2 QB normally get a few reps during practice? They have to be somewhat prepared to play.

Quote:Doesn't the number 2 QB normally get a few reps during practice? They have to be somewhat prepared to play.

Scout team reps yes. I don't believe they normally get any first team reps.
So, Henne is starting, but our backup will get practice time with the 1's? Have they admittedly cashed in actually trying to win this season? This would be defined as tanking at its finest.

Sweet Vermouth.... Chad Henne is going to wreak havoc on this franchise.

Quote:So, Henne is starting, but our backup will get practice time with the 1's? Have they admittedly cashed in actually trying to win this season? This would be defined as tanking at its finest.

Why, why, why does this franchise have such dumb fans.

Quote:Doesn't the number 2 QB normally get a few reps during practice? They have to be somewhat prepared to play.

Not with the first team.

This whole first team rep thing was already known, though. They said he'd be getting reps during the season with the one's last week.

It certainly seems like they're trying to ease him into starting at some point this season.
Quote:Why, why, why does this franchise have such dumb fans.

Not sure, but shouldn't you put a question mark instead of a period at the end of what appeared to be a question?
Quote:Not sure, but shouldn't you put a question mark instead of a period at the end of what appeared to be a question?
No, it's a statement.
Quote:So, Henne is starting, but our backup will get practice time with the 1's? Have they admittedly cashed in actually trying to win this season? This would be defined as tanking at its finest.

Sweet Vermouth.... Chad Henne is going to wreak havoc on this franchise.

How can you be so stupid? "Blake Bortles will get first team reps in practice" simply means he will be more prepared than most backup quarterbacks if Chad Henne ever gets hurt this season. Duh.
Henne will do fine if the fans get behind him.

Starting Bortles would be crazy considering he has never seen the speed of a regular season NFL game. 

All it would take is one blitz in the regular season to get inside Bortles head and lose the game. 

It's not huge news, but it's good to know they intend to keep him "in touch" with the ones while mostly doing service team stuff.  He's always one play away.

(And - IMO - two consecutive bad outings from Henne away also)  
Pages: 1 2 3 4