Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Trade Brian Anger?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Scobee has a quad injury which may not heal by the opener.   So we may need someone to kick FGs and kickoffs. 

Redfern can kick and punt.   He's done both in the preseason, and his punting average is the same as Anger's. 

But if we keep Redfern to temporarily replace Scobee, we would have to cut someone else to reach the 53 man limit. 

On the other hand, what about replacing Anger with Redfern?   Then we would not have to cut another promising young player to keep Redfern. 

BUT- I would not want to cut Anger.   He's a really good punter.   So would it be possible to trade Anger for a late round pick?  

It might be nice to have a punter who can also kick FGs.  I remember a game back in 2007 when Scobee injured himself in warmups and we had no one who could even kick an extra point.

Why does everyone here want to trade away what little proven talent we have?
Quote:Why does everyone here want to trade away what little proven talent we have?

If you read my post, you will see my reason. 
Quote:If you read my post, you will see my reason.

I did. I disagree with trading our solid punter away to free up a roster spot when there is probably someone on the bubble who makes way more sense to cut. For all we know Redfern could turn out to be another Matt Turk.
Oh God, I had forgotten all about Matt Turk. Why'd you have to mention him!!?!?! On topic though, keep Anger. He is good but more importantly we spent a 3rd on him, it would further embarrass the Jags if we only got a 7th for him. Holy cow, it's amazing how bad Gene Smith dropped the ball on that draft class.
Wait, we want to trade our 3rd round punter????  You realize he's the next Ray Guy, right?  

Unless we can get a 1st rounder for him...  There are a couple teams that are just a punter away from a Super Bowl, maybe the Broncos, Pats, Saints, or 49ers will bite... :woot:

The problem is, we would have to make a 53 man roster with 2 FG kickers on it to start the season.   Who gets cut so we can keep 2 FG kickers?  

That's the problem.  

So I guess the question is, is the 53rd man really expendable  so we can start the season with 2 FG kickers?  

*sigh* another trade thread. I got an idea.. Let's trade our whole team....
I'm pretty sure the trade value for a punter is non-existent. 

Quote:I'm pretty sure the trade value for a punter is non-existent. 

That, and Anger is supposed to be some god amongst men at punting the football and that's much better than the days of having Matt Turk out there on Sundays.

Not to mention... We did burn a 3rd rounder on him
The anger that would come from trading Anger.

Quote:*sigh* another trade thread. I got an idea.. Let's trade our whole team....
It has to be the spawn of Madden or possibly Fantasy Football? I don't play either so I'm not sure but it seems to be a somewhat new phenomenon. It seems to grow with each passing year, all this trade our quality players away stuff. I find it odd.
Quote:That, and Anger is supposed to be some god amongst men at punting the football and that's much better than the days of having Matt Turk out there on Sundays.

Not to mention... We did burn a 3rd rounder on him
This front office didn't burn a 3rd rounder for him, so there's no loyalty there from them.  But, if Anger isn't on this roster on opening day, it's not because we traded him away.  Seriously, what trade value does a punter have?  We'll trade Anger for a dozen Gatorade buckets and a case of squeeze bottles?
Quote:It has to be the spawn of Madden or possibly Fantasy Football? I don't play either so I'm not sure but it seems to be a somewhat new phenomenon. It seems to grow with each passing year, all this trade our quality players away stuff. I find it odd.
Lol fareal... It's like some don't wont a stacked roster smh...
"Now accepting calls for our punter, former 3rd round pick, Anger."

I'm sure the phone will be ringing off the hook.

Hahahahahahahhaha who the heck is going to trade for Anger?

This is starting to get out of hand.
Trade away our best, most consistent player?

No.

Okay then, do we start the season with 2 FG kickers?   That's the real question.   

Do we:

1) blow off game 1 by not being able to kick FGs? 

2) make a 53 man squad with 2 FG kickers?

3) make Redfern the punter, since he can also kick FGs until Scobee is ready?  

What's the solution?   We will know in a week or so if Scobee can kick in game 1.   Right now, he cannot.   But before then, we have to cut the roster to 53 players. 
Quote:Okay then, do we start the season with 2 FG kickers?   That's the real question.   

Do we:

What's the solution?   We will know in a week or so if Scobee can kick in game 1.   Right now, he cannot.   But before then, we have to cut the roster to 53 players. 
Is there some info that he Scobee won't be able to go? I thought I read they figure he will be good to go for game one.

If he is not I'm sure they will have that dude that has been practicing with them on the Batline.

Quote:Okay then, do we start the season with 2 FG kickers?   That's the real question.   

Do we:

What team do you see trading for Anger? 

Would you even be willing to take something less than a third round pick?
Pages: 1 2 3