Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: White unarmed youth shot and killed by Black Police Officer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4

lol this should be fun to watch.

Quote:lol this should be fun to watch.
Nah. People would rather here a fabricated make believe story about someone being shot and killed by an abusive police officer, than here the truth about what that person did to get shot by the police.

It seems like the youth in question already had some previous run-ins with the law, but his family and friends are claiming that he "changed" his ways. But it is interesting as to how the police haven't even released a statement as to who shot him, and whether he was armed or not. The only way that the mainstream media would cover this story would be if people started burning homes and looting businesses...
At least the cop only shot him twice instead of unloading his gun on the guy like the cop did in St. Louis.

Quote:At least the cop only shot him twice instead of unloading his gun on the guy like the cop did in St. Louis.

Doesn't make him any less dead....just makes the black cop a better shot.
Quote:Doesn't make him any less dead....just makes the black cop a better shot.

Hard to shoot with a busted face.
Quote:http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/583049...t.html.csp

Media bias anyone?

I don't understand what media bias you are talking about.   From what I understand, the coverage of the shooting in St. Louis resulted from the riot that followed, not from the shooting itself.    Am I wrong?  
Quote:I don't understand what media bias you are talking about. From what I understand, the coverage of the shooting in St. Louis resulted from the riot that followed, not from the shooting itself. Am I wrong?

Good point.
The Brown story was getting coverage, that caused the riots. How else were all the groups from outside St Louis that were going to cause all the trouble going to get riled up?

Quote:Hard to shoot with a busted face.

Very true! :yes:
Quote:I don't understand what media bias you are talking about.   From what I understand, the coverage of the shooting in St. Louis resulted from the riot that followed, not from the shooting itself.    Am I wrong?  

I'm still trying to figure out the point of this thread.
Quote:Hard to shoot with a busted face.
Exactly.  I didn't read any reports indicating the cop in Utah had taken a beating before shooting the kid. 

On a side note, it would be quite entertaining to see Mormons looting.  Those would be the some of the most polite riots ever.
Quote:I'm still trying to figure out the point of this thread.
Wait, they're not rioting in Utah?
Just need to give them some Dr Pepper.

Quote:Wait, they're not rioting in Utah?

So the point is that media bias caused the riots in Missouri, and the lack of national media coverage explains the lack of unrest in Utah?

The first reports I saw or read of the Ferguson, MO incident was of the rioting that broke out the day after the shooting. That's an awfully fast turnaround to be placing the blame on media coverage
Quote:So the point is that media bias caused the riots in Missouri, and the lack of national media coverage explains the lack of unrest in Utah?

The first reports I saw or read of the Ferguson, MO incident was of the rioting that broke out the day after the shooting. That's an awfully fast turnaround to be placing the blame on media coverage

Have you not seen the coverage since?  It's been around the clock lately with the racial aspect of the shooting.  Al Sharpton has been out in full force.  The White House sent people to the funeral.

Where's the around the clock coverage from the major news outlets?  Where's Al Sharpton making excuses for why he's one of the more racist people around?  Did Obama send White House aides to Dillon Taylor's funeral?

The rioting was part of it but stories about the race of the people involved has been a HUGE story for weeks now.

I'd be willing to bet if this was another white cop shooting an unarmed African American kid, we'd be seeing more coverage on it.  
Quote:Have you not seen the coverage since?  It's been around the clock lately with the racial aspect of the shooting.  Al Sharpton has been out in full force.  The White House sent people to the funeral.

Where's the around the clock coverage from the major news outlets?  Where's Al Sharpton making excuses for why he's one of the more racist people around?  Did Obama send White House aides to Dillon Taylor's funeral?

The rioting was part of it but stories about the race of the people involved has been a HUGE story for weeks now.

I'd be willing to bet if this was another white cop shooting an unarmed African American kid, we'd be seeing more coverage on it.  

I know, right? Given the disparity in occurrences of police shooting unarmed white suspects as opposed to black suspects, you would think the media would be all over the rarer case of a white cop shooting an unarmed white suspect.
Quote:http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/583049...t.html.csp

Media bias anyone?

more like democrat/ liberal bias

There is no media bias.

Im sure the white thug deserved what he got just like the black thug right?

These two incidents really don't have much resemblance this guy had priors and a bench warrant sounds like the cop was threatened and responded. We already know more about this incident than the brown case after almost a week.

However we could find hundreds of stories just like this, in america your much more likely to die by police than a terrorist.
Pages: 1 2 3 4