Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Cobb and Blue cut, Colvin to injured reserve
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Terrance Cobb, Blue (CB?) were cut and Colvin played on injured reserve.
Somewhere on a glitter encrusted bar stool in New Jersey, a grown man sobs quietly into his appletini. 

is Colvin on the IR with designation to return?

Quote:Somewhere on a glitter encrusted bar stool in New Jersey, a grown man sobs quietly into his appletini. 

Seriously FBT? Way to start something. You are starting to become a clown.
Quote:Seriously FBT? Way to start something. You are starting to become a clown.

The biggest Cobb fan on this board has basically issued a mandate that if he was cut, the team would be making a huge mistake despite the fact that he's done nothing here.  I'm the clown for pointing this out?  Coming from you, I guess that should be hurtful.  I'll try to act like you've cut me to the quick. 
Quote:is Colvin on the IR with designation to return?

I'm guessing just regular IR. He tore his ACL at the Senior Bowl in January...I think this year is supposed to be his "redshirt" year
Quote:The biggest Cobb fan on this board has basically issued a mandate that if he was cut, the team would be making a huge mistake despite the fact that he's done nothing here.  I'm the clown for pointing this out?  Coming from you, I guess that should be hurtful.  I'll try to act like you've cut me to the quick. 

I think you miss the point. It doesn't matter what TMD says, Its his freaking opinion. LET HIM HAVE IT. Ignore it. Refute it. Whatever. You are a freaking admin, You are supposed to act better, Not be the first one Jawing off

Am I seriously the only one on this blasted board that can agree to disagree and not attack someone personally for their opinions? I've disagreed with TMD plenty of times but I never personally attack him for it.
Kinda curious about Colvin and if he gets the designation to return as well. We may have to be patient with him and wait until 2015 to see his talents. The thought of a CB tandem of Gratz and Colvin is pretty exciting though. Once the interior o-line is solidified and we can find a legitimate pass rusher, this team will be fun to watch.
I also guess it's the regular IR status for Colvin.  Having McCray, Blackmon and J Harris available for nickel, dime and back-up duties means they don't need to rush his recovery. 

Quote:is Colvin on the IR with designation to return?
Haven't seen anything indicating he was designated to return, and I would venture to guess that's not the case.  The kid can take the year to recover and get his body ready for the NFL next year.  That always sounded like it was their plan. 
Quote:Kinda curious about Colvin and if he gets the designation to return as well. We may have to be patient with him and wait until 2015 to see his talents. The thought of a CB tandem of Gratz and Colvin is pretty exciting though. Once the interior o-line is solidified and we can find a legitimate pass rusher, this team will be fun to watch.
ACL in January.  He's going to need the year to get back to right.  My guess is they'll save that designation for someone on the active roster who gets hurt early in the year.
Quote:I think you miss the point. It doesn't matter what TMD says, Its his freaking opinion. LET HIM HAVE IT. Ignore it. Refute it. Whatever. You are a freaking admin, You are supposed to act better, Not be the first one Jawing off

Am I seriously the only one on this blasted board that can agree to disagree and not attack someone personally for their opinions? I've disagreed with TMD plenty of times but I never personally attack him for it.

I'm a poster too.  We're entitled to express our opinions, and to do it as we see fit.  Apparently you have a problem with people having an opinion even as you're defending it.  I guess it only matters if you agree or not. 
what is Ball's contract? this is his 2nd year and I assume that he initially signed a two year deal? the thought of Ball, Gratz, and Colvin gets me happy

Can Colvin get poached by another team at this point like we did with Don Carey (that worked out SO well.)?
Quote:ACL in January. He's going to need the year to get back to right. My guess is they'll save that designation for someone on the active roster who gets hurt early in the year.

It might go to Pasztor depending on how fast his hand heals.
Quote:It might go to Pasztor depending on how fast his hand heals.

I don't expect to see them use it on him.  Bones heal predictably.  He'll miss a few weeks at most.  Once that incision is healed, they may club him and send him out there. 
^ Gratz and Colvin hopefully will be leading this teams secondary for sometime. It's gonna be a physical defense and I think we got an idea of that in preseason.
Quote:Can Colvin get poached by another team at this point like we did with Don Carey (that worked out SO well.)?

No.  He's on our IR.  Carey was actually waived/injured when we picked him up.  Normally, teams do that with players to clear a spot expecting to sign him back later.  We jumped in and snapped him up which ticked Cleveland off big time. 

Quote:I don't expect to see them use it on him. Bones heal predictably. He'll miss a few weeks at most. Once that incision is healed, they may club him and send him out there.
I was gonna say I think he could probably play with a cast if need be.
Quote:Can Colvin get poached by another team at this point like we did with Don Carey (that worked out SO well.)?

Not unless he was released with injury designation. It sounds like he was sent directly to IR.
Pages: 1 2 3 4