Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Excuse to start Bortles week 1 - trade Henne to the Rams?....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sam Bradford tears ACL, done for the year....

Whaddya think? Whaddya say?.....
Henne for what... Shaun Hill is going to start
I don't think Bortles should start til game 3. That gives our O-line time to "gel".

I'd think they'd be more interested in trading for Ryan Mallet or Kirk Cousins.

But in all seriousness, we'd still need a backup.  Stanzi and Morris are NOT going to do.  No matter how American you are.

Quote:I'd think they'd be more interested in trading for Ryan Mallet or Kirk Cousins.

But in all seriousness, we'd still need a backup.  Stanzi and Morris are NOT going to do.  No matter how American you are.

Yeah that might actually be a good spot for Mallett now. I don't see the Redskins dealing Cousins. RG3 is too inconsistent. 

You don't need an excuse to start him if he is ready.
Why would you need an excuse?

But why would you want to start him game 1?

Philly, on the road....seriously? 
They should've taken Bortles

Quote:Why would you need an excuse?

But why would you want to start him game 1?

Philly, on the road....seriously? 

I'm not saying I wanted to. 

I was just thinking of how it all could have worked out for them that way.... if Henne was dealt to the Rams. 
Quote:They should've taken Bortles

They were in line for RGIII (which I would have traded out too) and Bortles.
Quote:Henne for what... Shaun Hill is going to start
I like Shaun Hill. He played for the Amsterdam Admirals in 2003. 
TMD, your ideas are normally crazy but I love this one. Take advantage of a team that's desparate. I say do it.
   But I want henne to start.  'For our team, Chad's playing well, really well" Bradley said " I think he's playing really fast right now. He's showed it all during training camp and during the preseason games. so we're really excited about him"

Who would want to trade that.  I mean ive never seen that henne but Bradley apparently has, so lets trust him. and try to find the same excitement for henne, that he has.
Idk.. Henne still has value here and I doubt they change the plan now.
As much as Id be okay with dealing Henne, I'm not so sure he's an upgrade over Shaun Hill
I don't know how I feel about a Henne trade.  Maybe we could squeeze a 3rd or 4th rounder for him, but I don't think the Rams will come calling for Henne.  I think Vick, Hasselbeck Cousins or Mallett would be the four possible targets for them and I think they would call those respective teams in that order based on their interest level in each QB.  The Rams are a possible playoff team this year.  I highly doubt they have that much confidence in Shaun Hill to roll into the season with him as starter.

After thinking about it some more, I wouldn't trade Henne for a 4th rounder.  It would have to be a 3rd or better or maybe a 4th with another couple of later picks.  Also, I don't think the Rams would pay that much when they can probably get Vick or Hasselbeck for about the same price. 

3rd or 4th rounder for Henne? Is Gene Smith another GM somewhere? No one would deal that.

Shaun Hill has more value to the St. Louis Rams than Chad Henne if for no other reason he's been in their system for months,  practicing with the Offensive supporting cast.  

Chad Henne has too much value for the Jaguars purposes to trade him at this point in time.   Henne's familiarity with the Jaguars system is an invaluable learning tool for Blake Bortles.  If I was in the Jaguars position,  it would take a 2nd Round pick to trade Henne this season.   He's that valuable for the Jaguars franchise,  both in terms of helping Bortles grow as a QB and as a leader.

I just saw this alert on my phone and came here to post the same idea.  Can't believe I'm thinking the same thing as TMD. Not saying a trade will happen, but it is an interesting situation and worth discussion.  Relationship exists if I recall between Caldwell and Snead.  A 3rd next year would be fair, and of course if they happen to have a Center...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6