Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The *** Official *** Crow Eating Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Rewind back to May, and there were a bunch of us fans who were not happy with the selection of Bortles. I was one of them, and recall voicing my displeasure with the pick. I did warm up to it over time, but felt that the plan to sit him and groom him behind Henne was absolutely the right thing to do.

It is having said all the preceding, that I come forward to feast on some crow. Bortles has sold me. I worry about playing him behind that putrid offensive line, but if the coaches start him game one, I'm now behind it 100%. I am manning up and saying that I was completely wrong on this guy. I know there were a lot of others who did too. If they see fit, they can join me at this fine feast of crow.

[Image: 1735916458_1240605367_eating_crow_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg]

Can I at least get my crow, buffalo style with some blue cheese dipping sauce?

I was more of a Teddy fan I admit but I did call the next 2 rounds...

Quote:Caldwell has his QB...now lets give him the time to develop behind Henne before we throw him to the wolves.

WR in 2nd and OG/C in 3rd and this offense will begin to take shape.

<div> 
</div>
A good thread to see how people felt...

http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/top...u-feeling/

I thought they were going with the safe pick of Mack. I was more excited the pick wasn't Manziel. Had no idea Bortles would be this good, this fast based on what I watched at UCF.

Ok.. I'll eat some of that crow. I wanted Johnny "The Finger" Football or Connor Shaw and didn't like the Bortles pic at all. After watching as much tape on him as I could find, I thought he had some upside might be serviceable, but nothing to the extent we're seeing this early in his career.  For the first time in a long time, I'm actually giddy with joyful expectation of what this team might be able to accomplish with Bortles behind center.

Quote:Rewind back to May, and there were a bunch of us fans who were not happy with the selection of Bortles. I was one of them, and recall voicing my displeasure with the pick. I did warm up to it over time, but felt that the plan to sit him and groom him behind Henne was absolutely the right thing to do.

It is having said all the preceding, that I come forward to feast on some crow. Bortles has sold me. I worry about playing him behind that putrid offensive line, but if the coaches start him game one, I'm now behind it 100%. I am manning up and saying that I was completely wrong on this guy. I know there were a lot of others who did too. If they see fit, they can join me at this fine feast of crow.

[Image: 1735916458_1240605367_eating_crow_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg]
you should ateast pluck the feathers before downing that bad boy.
Pass the salt, please.
I wanted Bridgewater or Manziel at 3. 

I'm happy the way it turned out at this point. 

Crow Breath

Quote:Haven't felt this low since my divorce.

Quote:<div>
What a terrible pick... We missed out on top talent for a developmental player who might not start this year. Hope everyone is happy with Jake Locker 2.0 aka Bortles

Quote:Bortles isn't even the best qb in the draft

Quote:Meh......

Quote:I think he COULD be good. I don't think he'll be elite like Teddy or Johnny though

</div>

Quote:If bridgewater is there at our second pick its going to be especially embarassing when he ends up better than bortles

Quote:<div>
numb

Quote:It was a reach pick for need; an organization self-admitted developmental pick....at 3.  Should have taken the Bills offer, and could have gotten a next year's 1st round pick, another valuable pick this year, and a good player at pick 9. 

Quote:Duped by measurables. At least Teddy went to a NFC team so I can still root for him. That kid is special and the league is about to find out.

Bortles has measurables though....yeah...whatever. good luck with Gabbert 2.0. We are set back another five years at the position once again.

</div>
Wonder how many of the above still post here...

Not to toot my own flute (that is completely not my style) but I loved Bortles pre-draft, was ecstatic that we picked him, and obviously am smarter than all of you combined.
I think a lot of judgement of these rookie QB's was based on what they've done in college and not what they COULD bring to an NFL team when drafted.. That's where I was in error.. Though it's a common one and a reason why I'm not an NFL GM.. 

I remember NYC4jags saying after the Fiesta bowl that he wouldn't mind us picking up Bortles, and I agreed.  So, yeah, Caldwell was tuned into my opinion.  You're all welcome.

I'll eat a little crow. I never disliked bortles but I questioned his ability to put up points in a come from behind fashion.

He can really sling the football. I had the total wrong impression of him when I thought he was a conservative type player.

Really happy to have him.
Quote:I wanted Bridgewater or Manziel at 3. 

Quote:I wanted Bridgewater or Manziel at 3. 

Well then it's time to eat your crow, happy feet!
I didn't really know who Bortles was but I supported the organization and then watched tons of tape and started to fall in like with him. Gotta admit, I was intrigued by Johhny Football but i'm glad we dodged that bullet.

I don't believe I committed to any quarterback with the third pick but if eating crow got us BB then serve me up a plate!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5