Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Mike Brown Vs Kerry Taylor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I'm getting the suspicion that these two guys are fighting for one spot.

I really really like Mike Brown, and two weeks ago I would have said that he was a lock, but I think Taylor may be making a move for his roster spot.

How do you guys see it and who would you like to see us keep? Any way they both make it? Any way they both get cut?
I thought you were predicting Mike Brown to have 800 receiving yards this year. I imagine he makes the team over Taylor.

One of them should stick - at least until Sanders returns.  At that point - whoever isn't performing well between, Brown, Taylor, Doss etc. could be the odd man out.  (obviously Doss may not make final cuts if he can't get on the field and return a few punts)

The coaches like Brown and praise his playbook knowledge/ ability to line up anywhere. Taylor and Doss, however, both have return experience with Doss holding some impressive numbers at PR.  Taylor has a 43 yd kick return in his stats - which is somewhat noteworthy.  It'll be a tough call. 

I see Brown making it. Taylor is iffy because from what I heard of practices he's more prone to drops than the other WRs
I think I actually like Kerry Taylor more. I recall seeing him make some pretty big plays last year, and Mike Brown has had a few drops the last two games. We will see who comes out on top, but It should be a close one.

I like Mike Brown too, but I doubt they keep 6 WR so my chart looks like this (no order in particular)

Shorts, Lee, Robinson, Hurns, Brown.  When Sanders returns, Brown may get cut unless there is someone else to keep off the list.  Maybe they keep 6 then and put one on the inactive list.

I really like brown this year, but it's hard to say he is a lock at this point.  

I looked up the stats so far:

Brown has 5 receptions for 86 yards on 14 targets

Taylor has 5 receptions for 79 yards on 8 targets

Hurns has 6 receptions for 110 yards on 9 targets (IIRC 45 yards on a meaningless catch at the end of the half) (for comparison sake)
Quote:I thought you were predicting Mike Brown to have 800 receiving yards this year. I imagine he makes the team over Taylor.

I believe I said I could see that happening, which I still could. I just think Kerry Taylor's potential might be hard to cut bait with for Caldwell and Co.

Also worth noting is the part in my OP where I stated "two weeks ago I would have said he was a lock".
13.9 YPC vs 10.4 YPC
If D-Rob is considered an RB, then we currently have 14 WR's on the roster I think?  Not sure how many we wind up keeping.  

Going by the site, we have 95 players right now.  Not sure how accurate that is.  But if it is, then 20 will have to be cut by next Tuesday.  I think we'll see some of the other WR's cut around then.  

Mike Brown is afraid to make a catch in traffic, I do not like him very much honestly.. too many drops. That being said, haven't seen enough of Taylor to have a definitive opinion but he's been on the end of some nice plays recently. 

I like then both. But I think Blake and Kerry have some good chemistry going on.
Cut both of them. We wouldn't miss either.

I think whichever one ends up proving to have the better hands ends up making the roster.  Didn't both of them have issues catching the ball in the past, and last year it kinda clicked a bit for brown, but this year he kinda lost it again, and last year taylor couldn't catch a sloth, and this preseason he's doing massively better?  Maybe I'm getting taylor confused with someone but I think it'll come down to who is more reliable, especially since that's what you're looking for at the 4-6th receiver spots. 

Quote:Cut both of them. We wouldn't miss either.
That's pretty much where I'm at as well.  We're debating who is better on the bottom of the roster at this position. 

At the very least, you cut the guy you think will probably linger on the wire for a while in the event you need to bring someone else in due to injuries. 

I prefer Brown. I really prefer Brown as a fill in while Sanders is out.
I thought Brown looked pretty good against the Bears. Made that catch on the rollout by Bortles, with the throw inches away from the LB - good concentration - and made some nice moves to gain positive yardage. Then another where he found the soft spot of the middle of the field. Considering he was a QB only a couple years ago, I think his upside is much higher than Taylor's. But Taylor's ST abilities is something to consider.

Robinson is hurt all the time and you know how a hamstring is. I will be surprised if we don't keep 6. We are young,young young!

Brown
Shorts/Lee/Robinson/Hurns/Sanders

I give Mike Brown his walking papers after Sanders comes back.

Quote:Brown
If Brown had the cojones to make a catch with a defender near him I'd love to keep him, 

Pages: 1 2 3 4