Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Texans Still Suck
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
20 - 0 at the moment. No offense.

Surprise surprise. Clowney looks lost in the 3-4 and Houston is dropping him back into coverage for some reason.

I feel bad for the guy. I really do. He's a freak of nature 4-3 DE being forced to play in this crappy 3-4.

Not surprised.  Their QB is Ryan Fitzpatrick.  I imagine they'll look a bit better in the regular season.  Kind of surprised we saw Fitzpatrick so late.  Wonder if we'll see Savage or not.  I still think Mettenberger will be the better QB (he's not looking too bad in Tennessee I think, but I haven't really been watching)

Probably the worst QB situation in the league, an aging worn down running back.

A great combo.
Abysmal
It'll be fun to watch them this year.  I've got a good friend who lives out there.  He grew up here, moved out to Houston about 10 years ago.  He was a Jags fan, but now is all in for the tin horns.  He loved to run his smack prior to last year.  Suddenly he doesn't answer the phone or texts when I have returned the favor recently. 

Quote:Surprise surprise. Clowney looks lost in the 3-4 and Houston is dropping him back into coverage for some reason.

I feel bad for the guy. I really do. He's a freak of nature 4-3 DE being forced to play in this crappy 3-4.
Having said this, the times Clowney was down on the line he looked like a force to be reckoned with.

I guess I have mixed feelings about it. Even giving him the idea that he may need to drop back will be detrimental to his progress as an NFL pass rusher.
Quote:Having said this, the times Clowney was down on the line he looked like a force to be reckoned with.

I guess I have mixed feelings about it. Even giving him the idea that he may need to drop back will be detrimental to his progress as an NFL pass rusher.
Let's see how long it takes for him to adjust to playing 3-4, if he ever does.  He was one of the best talents in the draft, but he's looking like a fish out of water right now.  If it doesn't click, good for everyone who faces them, but it's a bummer for him.  Talented athlete. 
Thanks for gifting us Bortles  :thanks:

Quote:Thanks for gifting us Bortles  :thanks:
+1
Quote:Having said this, the times Clowney was down on the line he looked like a force to be reckoned with.

It's a unusual feeling for me, having watched him for 3 years and pulling for him and the Gamecocks, and now he is at a division rival.  It's good for us that they are trying to put him into coverage, because that's just not going to work.  I remember that happening once and Spurrier coming unglued on the sideline at the DC. 

If I had Clowney and Watt, they are on the line every down.  If I need to change my defense, then that is what happens.
Well Clowney made a couple of plays so shouldn't we be saying he has taken the next step and is a beast?
Quote:Well Clowney made a couple of plays so shouldn't we be saying he has taken the next step and is a beast?

Someone's salty.

OT: Houston may have the worst secondary in the league. Every QB for Zona shredded them.
Quote:Someone's salty.

OT: Houston may have the worst secondary in the league. Every QB for Zona shredded them.
Oh soooo salty
I thought Clowney looked pretty scary especially when he's lined up next to Watt. The rest of the Texans? Not so much?
What's the over/under that the tinmen switch to a 4-3 next season?
That was embarrassing last night if you are a Texans fan.

See, in hindsight, our position in the draft was a win/win. Obviously they got the guy they wanted in Bortles (for which I'm glad) but if they hadn't, we could've had Mack or, Watkins, or maybe even Clowney. I just hope Bortles pans out so that we can rub him in the Texans' face for 15 years.

O'brien quietly has to be lamenting not taking Bortles.Leading up to the draft,wasn't everyone saying he prefered Blake,while McNair prefered Clowney?

Quote:O'brien quietly has to be lamenting not taking Bortles.Leading up to the draft,wasn't everyone saying he prefered Blake,while McNair prefered Clowney?

Idk if you recall but the jaguars should regret not getting bill o Brien because he is a QB and offensive master.

Even though it looks like he didn't have his say with the first pick, it's OK because he will make the rest of the division pay with the likes of Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Wait.... Nope that's definitely just what a certain other poster was saying when the Texans hired him.

I guess sixth on the list is working out just fine now.
Pages: 1 2 3 4