Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Possibly the biggest game in recent history?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
2016 as a jags fan.....

Sucked for the most part...

However...

I believe....

If we keep Doug Marone

And Hackett...

We're gonna win our division next year...

Tomorrow is our last time to root for our team...

Last week and this week are two glimpses into what's gonna happen next year...

If we beat up the clots tomorrow and keep Marone that is....

If we don't and we hire someone else...

We won't know what we've got until...Idk maybe 4 games into the 2017 season...

Tomorrow is a HUGE game for us jags fans..

If we win ( which I believe we will)

I say keep him .... And the future is bright

Comments?
Agree on Marrone.
No on Marone. Tomorrow is a game that will allow the new coach to see which players are worth keeping .......... again. Nothing more.

Could very well beat Indy, probably should.  But as long as they have Luck, they have a chance.

Quote:Could very well beat Indy, probably should. But as long as they have Luck, they have a chance.
I agree. Luck is a wild card for them...

I still think we're gonna smash them tho....
Tomorrow is about avoiding injuries to our critical players that would require an entire off-season or more to heal. Nothing else matters in this meaningless game.
Quote:Tomorrow is about avoiding injuries to our critical players that would require an entire off-season or more to heal. Nothing else matters in this meaningless game.

Sen' Derrick Marks comes to mind from the Jaguars-Texans game in Houston 2 seasons ago. 
Quote: Sen' Derrick Marks comes to mind from the Jaguars-Texans game in Houston 2 seasons ago.

Yep, don't need a Ramsey injury for crying out loud.
It all depends on how the offense and Blake Bortles look. I would rather see the Jags lose a shootout like 48-45 than win a defensive struggle like 9-7. If the offense showed that much improvement with Marone than I could see keeping him
Quote:Yep, don't need a Ramsey injury for crying out loud.

Agreed.  

Considering the Colts probably will have limited motivation in this game,  IMO,  it would be a mistake to use this game to evaluate whether Doug Marrone should be the named the Jaguars regular HC.   His body of work in Buffalo and his work with the Jaguars the last 2 seasons are a much better barometer to use,  when comparing him to other candidates.
Quote:Agreed.

Considering the Colts probably will have limited motivation in this game, IMO, it would be a mistake to use this game to evaluate whether Doug Marrone should be the named the Jaguars regular HC. His body of work in Buffalo and his work with the Jaguars the last 2 seasons are a much better barometer to use, when comparing him to other candidates.

Absolutely agree. Although Pagano might have something to prove to save his job, but I doubt he is on the hot seat anyway.
Quote:Absolutely agree. Although Pagano might have something to prove to save his job, but I doubt he is on the hot seat anyway.

The question then will become whether the Colts players will do what it takes to help Chuck Pagano's cause?   I have doubts.  
Why does it always feel like I'm reading your posts in bullet form without the bullets?
Quote:It all depends on how the offense and Blake Bortles look. I would rather see the Jags lose a shootout like 48-45 than win a defensive struggle like 9-7. If the offense showed that much improvement with Marone than I could see keeping him
I agree...

That's why this is a critical game
Quote:Why does it always feel like I'm reading your posts in bullet form without the bullets?
I'll add the bullet's. Next time lol
Socal doing an Omaha Wink. Biggest game...

Speaking of Pagano, Indy should be happy to keep flirting with 0.500 with that roster the past 2 years. Considering the pieces in his arsenal, he's doing a fair job.

Back to 'biggest' game, could the Jags do the improbable and hold Gore to under 37 yards so he doesn't crack a grand and join the greats? Big stretch but it'll be nice if the Jags can play spoiler, again.
Quote:2016 as a jags fan.....

However...

I believe....

If we keep Doug Marone

And Hackett...

Comments?

I was hanging on every word...

I expect a convincing win for us tomorrow. A win won't tell us much against a clots team not playing for anything. A loss would be more telling.
I intentionally left out the " jags lose" option.

That imho would leave a horrible feeling for me to deal with all summer. That only 3 or 4 straight wins next year will heal....

I can't happen lol.

Say it can't happen...lol
Quote:2016 as a jags fan.....

However...

I believe....

If we keep Doug Marone

And Hackett...

Comments?
I would be very surprised to see Khan and Caldwell retain Marrone as coach. Just think they want to bring in someone different, although Marrone would not be a bad choice. Also, tomorrow's game should not be the deciding factor on keeping Marrone. The game is basically meaningless to Indy. My guess is that they end up hiring either Mike Smith or McDaniels. 
Unless youre clamoring for Marrone it means nothing.
Pages: 1 2 3 4