Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The defensive line
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Chris Smith is either capable of lightning reflexes or he was predicting a predictable snap count.

Either way, I think he should get some reps with the first team next week. His couple of jumps off the line reminded me of Troy Polamalu and his borderline offsides shenanigans.

What did you guys think of the DLine's performance this game?

Pff, If this keeps up into the regular season than I think we have an actual shot of finishing with a positive or even record.

I'm not gunna lie though, i was watching branch a lot and I think he still is playing too high. 

Alulu had a nice sack on the overshoot counter swim move that had the fumble, I think maybe andre should ask him how to do it, or clemens or anyone because that's really what andre needdddddsssssss

Our defense will definitely keep us in a lot of games this year. I'm talking top 5 for sure defense. Our offense, I pray for a top 20 offense. 

Beastly D-line.  I can't wait to see what they can do in a real game.  They go 9 or 10 deep.

Marks was unblockable

Our D-Line is absolutely ferocious. Mccown was under constant pressure and hands were flying all over the place knocking out balls and knocking down throws. Now imagine that for 60 minutes....

Here's hoping everyone stays healthy. A top 10 defense with 45-50 sacks is certainly within reach.
Marks is a monster in the middle. What a signing by DC.
No doubt we had some stars shine on the field tonight. I hope they keep doing that.

I've been saying all along, our D is going to be good. Our front 7 is talented and deep.

They are going to keep us in a lot of games.

Just throwing into perspective, the D line last year looked really good in preseason games as well and then the regular season came around....

The D was good last year but any defense will break down when left on the field for 40+ minutes in a game. This year we have quality depth so guys will be healthier and more fresh.

I didn't see anyone mention it but how about Alualu!?!
Defense is amazing so far. We really need Bortles to start and our WR's/RB healthy to keep them fresh though. I'm a bit scared that they won't be able to play that strong for 60 minutes. Especially with quick 3 and outs. 

Quote:I didn't see anyone mention it but how about Alualu!?!
You wont because a lot folks on here either has already written him off as a bust or want him to be. All the time he's been productive when healthy.
Quote:Just throwing into perspective, the D line last year looked really good in preseason games as well and then the regular season came around....

No, it didn't. The defense got torched.
They're definitely off to a great start but the consistency needs to stay. I mean if they lay an egg next week, then it really means nothing. It's only preseason but there's a lot of interesting stuff to focus on and I'm wondering how this team will progress.
Quote:No, it didn't. The defense got torched.
Yes last Pre-Season was bad. This was the best our Defense has played in the first quarter than ANY game in years
The first team defensive line was giving Tampa fits. Marks was consistently disruptive.

The defense overall looks so much faster and a lot more aggressive this year. They're going to be fun to watch.
Quote:No, it didn't. The defense got torched.

Well, not me personally, but a guy I know ... him and her got it on! Whoooooo-eeeeee!
Quote:The first team defensive line was giving Tampa fits. Marks was consistently disruptive.

The defense overall looks so much faster and a lot more aggressive this year. They're going to be fun to watch.
They definitely resembled an NFL unit today.

The only one on the line I wasn't a fan of today was Andre Branch. I thought he got bullied by the right tackle.
Pages: 1 2 3 4