Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Training Camp NOT Family Friendly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I want to thank the Jags for bringing training camp to Bartram Trail High School this evening. I really liked the move. The demographic is exactly who the Jags need to move the stadium to a sellout - high disposable income and a key family demographic. So they should have known that music that was broadcast should have been family friendly. Instead I endured over an hour of every other song raping about money or sex. Oh yeah, I had my son ask, "Dad, what's a motherf*****?" Nice Jags. Real nice. I looked around the field and saw a majority of families, most with multiple kids less than 10 - 11 years old. Not to mention the grandparents with grand kids. While I'm not expecting Disney Channel music, I would suggest if you want the demographic our area could bring, clean it up. I had enough after 90 minutes.

boo hoo

Sad
I'd suggest writing a letter. I doubt posting it on here is gonna do any good with the exception of needing to vent.
As I have said on this board for a long time.....current music is mainly garbage. 

Told ya so. B)

Hahaha did your son really said that?
Quote:boo hoo

What do you mean boo hoo? The OP is right. If it was a normal Jags practice at their own fields thats one thing....but this was at a guest venue where they knew a lot of families and children would be in attendance. They could have made sure the music supplied was more on the clean side. 
Quote:Hahaha did your son really said that?
Yes.
Good thing you were not forced to stay.

Quote:I'd suggest writing a letter. I doubt posting it on here is gonna do any good with the exception of needing to vent.
That is being done.
Quote:Good thing you were not forced to stay.

Is this serious? ^^^
Quote:That is being done.

I bet you get some comps out of it. Smart move. :thumbsup: 
1. The music that the Jags play at practices are the same no matter if they’re in St. John’s County or at the facility at the stadium.

2. The music played at the practices is diverse (rock, hip-hop, pop, etc.). It’s reflective of the music tastes of the players, coaches and the coveted demographic of 18 y/o – 40 y/o males. The team has a resident D.J. that does a good job of mixing things up.

3. Though some of the rock and hip-hop songs have explicit versions I have never heard them at any Jaguars practice or game so I don’t know what you’re talking about. I’d love to know what [BAD WORD REMOVED] you thought you heard.

Tonight, I saw face painting, picture taking and autograph signings with the Roar and players, and all sorts of other family friendly things PLUS the Bartram athletic boosters had to make a killing from the snack sales. Seems very family friendly to me. 
#softpost
Is it at all possible that the Jags were not responsible for the content?

edit, neighbor reports he did not hear any vulgarities.

Quote:1. The music that the Jags play at practices are the same no matter if they’re in St. John’s County or at the facility at the stadium.

Thats a cop out. This was at a guest venue, they could have made better choices there than apparently what was used. Its only for one day. Then they could go back to the usual stuff at their own field. 

Quote:Is it at all possible that the Jags were not responsible for the content?

Well, I'm sure that will be the official statement released. 
Wait until tomorrow morning when your kid asks you to buy him a Tupac headband.
Quote:I bet you get some comps out of it. Smart move. :thumbsup:

I don't care about comps. I care about my son and others being exposed to this garbage and filth. Many people on this forum could have handed them a 100 song playlist that would have been entertaining for everyone in attendance. The problem is people really have become so inoculated to the lyrics and really don't think they are offensive. Sad.
Quote:boo hoo
Great attitude. 

The Jaguars are indeed trying to make things more family friendly, so it's disappointing to hear that whoever is making the musical choices didn't get the memo.  It's little things like that which can turn some folks off, and it's a simple thing to fix. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9