Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Texas Tech reinstates Nigel Bethel II after punching women BB player
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
He just so happened to be the highest rated recruit in their 2014 class....

I didnt see the video, but from the article it looks like she hit him first in the game....still, you cant do that to a woman.  3 games is not enough.

Quote:He just so happened to be the highest rated recruit in their 2014 class....

I didnt see the video, but from the article it looks like she hit him first in the game....still, you cant do that to a woman.  3 games is not enough.

Why should someone be punished any more for hitting a woman than a man? Also, she hit him first. If you hit someone first, then don't come back with the "you can't hit a girl" shtick.

After reading your post again, you already knew she hit him first and still condemn the man for defending himself? Battery laws do not state that only males can be charged with battery. Battle (the female) was the aggressor and hit Bethel (the male). Bethel, then, had every right to defend himself regardless of gender.

Quote:Why should someone be punished any more for hitting a woman than a man? Also, she hit him first. If you hit someone first, then don't come back with the "you can't hit a girl" shtick.

After reading your post again, you already knew she hit him first and still condemn the man for defending himself? Battery laws do not state that only males can be charged with battery. Battle (the female) was the aggressor and hit Bethel (the male). Bethel, then, had every right to defend himself regardless of gender.
You never hit a women. Period.
Quote:You never hit a women. Period.

So men do not to have the right to defend themselves? That makes sense to you?
Quote:So men do not to have the right to defend themselves? That makes sense to you?
Walk away, Never hit a woman.
If a man hits you, it's okay to hit him back.

If an equal strength female hits you, you have to walk away and she goes unpunished?

This makes zero sense in terms of equality.
Great piece here: http://www.returnofkings.com/1106/the-my...ng-a-woman

"Real “domestic violence” (what I’d broadly define as uneven, unilateral forms of violence—bullying, essentially—between people in certain types of relationships) is a serious matter—one that should be legislated and punished. But, when you create an across-the-board, over-simplified rule that you should “never hit a woman,” you basically reduce domestic violence to only unprovoked, male-to-female violence. Plus, it feeds an existing culture that grants women virtual carte blanche to act however they want—including hitting men—with little fear of serious legal, physical, or social consequences.

If she hits him, he must have done something wrong. If he hits her back, he’s abusive. In this calculus, men always turn out in the wrong. Meanwhile, a man will receive all three consequences—in spades—if he merely responds with the same exact level of violence. He’ll likely get his-[BLEEP] stomped by white knights. The cops will arrest him. And, people who learn of “his actions” will shame him."
Quote:If a man hits you, it's okay to hit him back.

If an equal strength female hits you, you have to walk away and she goes unpunished?

This makes zero sense in terms of equality.
Knock em out big dog. :thumbsup:

If someone hits me, you can be sure I'll defend myself. Not sure why you think men should be deprived of that right.

Trav, do you at least agree that the aggressor should be charged with battery? If Bethel had walked away, what should Battle's consequences be? None because of her gender?

Quote:Trav, do you at least agree that the aggressor should be charged with battery? If Bethel had walked away, what should Battle's consequences be? None because of her gender?
If that had happened and he chose to press charges, absolutely she should and would face the penalties.
I could care less how society views something, if a woman hits me, I'm walking away.  I'd never lay a hand on a woman.  If she were to hit me, I'd at least hope it's in a public forum so there are witnesses to vouch I was attacked so she could face legal consequences.

That isn't the point.

The point is, a person's right to defend themselves is not negated by the aggressor being female. If you feel like it's better to walk away, fine. A lot of times turning the other cheek is the best option. Sometimes it isn't.

I'm curious as to why you think that it's wrong, 100% of the time, for a male to hit a woman, even if it's self defense. The double standards some people live by are ridiculous. I wonder if this man believed in the same philosophy that you never hit a woman. As he died at the hands of 4 women, do you think his final thought was "at least I didn't hit them back in self defense!".

4 women beat man to death in south side court yard

"NEVER hit a woman, even if you are getting beat to death and can't escape." ......No thanks. I'll use my right to defend my self.

I'm not sure what I can or cannot post here, but a simple "woman beats up man" or "girl beats up guy" search on YouTube will bring you to more than a few videos where the male victim couldn't just "walk away". They should have used their right to defend themselves.

One of the comments in the ESPN article said it best:

"If a woman was to physically attack you (fate forbid for your sake), then you can definitely submit yourself to the possibility of injury, disfigurement/disability, or death at her hands all for the sake of mistakenly believing that a woman cannot hurt a man. I hate to break it to you but too many men have needlessly lost their lives/been injured and/or disable believing that fallacy."

Quote:That isn't the point.

The point is, a person's right to defend themselves is not negated by the aggressor being female. If you feel like it's better to walk away, fine. A lot of times turning the other cheek is the best option. Sometimes it isn't.

I'm curious as to why you think that it's wrong, 100% of the time, for a male to hit a woman, even if it's self defense. The double standards some people live by are ridiculous. I wonder if this man believed in the same philosophy that you never hit a woman. As he died at the hands of 4 women, do you think his final thought was "at least I didn't hit them back in self defense!".

4 women beat man to death in south side court yard

"NEVER hit a woman, even if you are getting beat to death and can't escape." ......No thanks. I'll use my right to defend my self.
And if you think punching a woman is ok, even if she hits you first, that's your prerogative. But it's wrong imo, shouldn't ever hit a woman.
As a woman...if I'm stupid enough to hit a man, I'm going to expect to be hit back.
Quote:As a woman...if I'm stupid enough to hit a man, I'm going to expect to be hit back.

I appreciate the chivalry of the men on here but I think you've framed the argument well.  If a woman slaps a man in anger who is in a relationship with her, that's one thing.  If a woman starts striking me with a closed fist in an effort to inflict injury, she's getting put on her can.  I think that's only fair.
Quote:I appreciate the chivalry of the men on here but I think you've framed the argument well.  If a woman slaps a man in anger who is in a relationship with her, that's one thing.  If a woman starts striking me with a closed fist in an effort to inflict injury, she's getting put on her can.  I think that's only fair.

I agree!! The "never hit a woman" rule isn't open season for us to start beating on y'all!!!
Quote:I agree!! The "never hit a woman" rule isn't open season for us to start beating on y'all!!!
I agree. But I don't agree with punching back. The vast majority of the men in the world could really do a number with just one punch on the vast majority of women in this world. Better to just get out of dodge as fast as you can then to cause some tremendous damage.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10