Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: George Michael dead at 53
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-38432862

Screw you, 2016. Screw you right to hell.

Wow. RIP
WHAM!   Wake me up!  Before you go, go..... (R.I.P.)

2016 has been unkind to a lot of entertainers.

I loved George Michael back in the 80's and 90's. Grew out of the genre but appreciated his talent. RIP.
My best friend and I saw Wham! in concert back in 85. We loved him then and we love him now. This one hurts.

But it's things like this that make me remember why we've been friends for so many years...she always makes me laugh inappropriately!!
[Image: vbA3P.png]
We were just talking about underrated singers from the 80s a few weeks ago at work and of course, George came up in the conversation. Careless Whisper, in particular, is one of those songs from my childhood that will always have amazing memories attached to it.

RIP, GM.
His manager released a statement saying he died of heart failure.
And yet. Betty White just keeps on tickin'. 

Quote:And yet. Betty White just keeps on tickin'. 

Lifestyle choices matter.
Quote:Lifestyle choices matter.

Except to Keith Richards.
Quote:Except to Keith Richards.

Agreed. 
Quote:Except to Keith Richards.

He's so full of drugs and booze, he's pickled himself...he'll live forever.
Quote:He's so full of drugs and booze, he's pickled himself...he'll live forever.

Keith Richards looks like he's one step away from lichdom.
Quote:Keith Richards looks like he's one step away from lichdom.
But he looked the same three decades ago. He's living in suspended animation.

One of the great performances for Michael was when he sang Queen's "Somebody to Love" live at Wembley Stadium with Queen. He carried that song like Freddie Mercury himself showing off just how good his own vocals were without all of the classical training. The guy was a train wreck in his personal life, but he was a great musician.
It's a shame so many talented, brilliant minds are also sometimes the most troubled.

RIP, memory eternal.
I never cared for his music, but he meant a lot to his fans, especially those for whom they felt he spoke.

RIP

RIP to a talented, underrated musician.

2016, if you're still paying attention, Bill Cosby's still out there. Just saying.

Quote:RIP to a talented, underrated musician.

2016, if you're still paying attention, Bill Cosby's still out there. Just saying.

And Charles Manson...2016 can stop taking the good ones now!!
I figured he was way older than 53...seems like he was in his forties in the eighties.

RIP

Quote:I figured he was way older than 53...seems like he was in his forties in the eighties.

RIP

He was Greek.  Probably was shaving and wore a 5 o'clock shadow since he was eight or nine.
Pages: 1 2 3