Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: If we beat the Colts as easily we did the Titans..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Do you think Marrone will keep the job?

Quote:Do you think Marrone will keep the job?

Probably not.  

A two game trial,  in which the Colts game has no playoff ramifications for either team,  is not enough of a body of work to make strong conclusions that Doug Marrone is a better choice than the field of candidates not currently with the Jaguars.  
Sadly the team not using the San Diego game or the bye week to give him the interim run makes it a long shot.

Quote:Sadly the team not using the San Diego game or the bye week to give him the interim run makes it a long shot.

i"m still surprised that the Jaguars didn't make a HC change after the Thursday Night game in Tennessee.   Though one could make the case that the point of no return might have occurred before that, including the San Diego game,  it felt like the Jaguars players made a statement in Nashville.  This,  after their game 4 days earlier against the Oakland Raiders.  
I'd be fine with Marrone as coach if we beat as easily as we beat the Titans.
No, he has no shot thank goodness. As I said in another thread, only one interim coach has gotten the HC job and he was a unique case. Jag fans are so used to losing they'd settle for garbage like Marrone when there are far superior candidates out there,
Quote:No, he has no shot thank goodness. As I said in another thread, only one interim coach has gotten the HC job and he was a unique case. Jag fans are so used to losing they'd settle for garbage like Marrone when there are far superior candidates out there,

That isn't accurate though.
He will be in the running, but no thanks. All this latching on to the first sign of positivity will soon fade if we lay an egg to the clots.

I really don't wanna win no more games because that would put us way down in the draft with two other four win teams. Marrone can coach though and showed in one game he knows how to do this. If you can't have any nuance to this interim burst crap and see the talent on this team would benefit from him then you just don't want to.
2 games is not a big enough sample size to make an accurate assessment of his coaching ability

I've always thought Marrone was a decent, better than average coach. He did well in Buffalo before the front office completely got all in his way. He's just the type of coach that wants complete control and he'd get that with the Jags. If Harbaugh is on the table, then sorry to Marrone but that is our coach. If Harbaugh isn't In play then I think depending on how the Colts game goes, Marrone has a good shot at being a legit name for the coaching gig next year. We had a good run with Coughlin but I'm not so sure that with his age and time away from coaching he would be a good match. Who are some of your guys "Guys," for the HC spot?
Why is everyone even assuming that Marrone still wants to be a HC?

As far as I have seen, no one completely knows why he left after 1 year. There were rumors about him not like ownership or something, but nothing concrete that I remember.

Then he become an OL coach on a team that was in the middle of a long rebuild. Sure lots of people probably had questions, but team have hired assistants and coordinators with much bigger red flags than he left Buffalo, as per the stipulations he had in his contract. My point is, that he wanted to pursue becoming a head coach again, there are probably better teams and positions he could have gotten in the past 2 years
This is why it's dumb to fire Gus this late. We should have done it after the first loss to the Titans to get a full view of Marrone. They basically are going to pick favorites and hire McDaniels or someone over Marron, even though if we look at their actual win/loss resumes Marrone >> McDaniels.
TC >>>>>
Yeah, the team definitely looked different against the Titans, but I really really want Coughlin back and think that's far and away the best option on the table. 

Quote:TC >>>>>
Why?  Yes he won two super bowls.  But we need a long term coach.  And tom is not that coach.  I agree with Mcdaniels.  He is getting the easy pass in NE.  What he do in Denver?  If a guy rocks in he short time he has.  He deserves it.  If it don't work out then both get the axe.  However if makes the Jags exciting next week.  Be very dissapointed if he was over looked.  

Tom at the point and time would be a real bad decision.  Regardless of what happens with indy. 
Quote:Why?  Yes he won two super bowls.  But we need a long term coach.  And tom is not that coach.  I agree with Mcdaniels.  He is getting the easy pass in NE.  What he do in Denver?  If a guy rocks in he short time he has.  He deserves it.  If it don't work out then both get the axe.  However if makes the Jags exciting next week.  Be very dissapointed if he was over looked.  

Tom at the point and time would be a real bad decision.  Regardless of what happens with indy. 

I'm assuming you mean "at this point in time" since what you said makes no sense, but whatever. 

Coughlin is a proven winner and something this team sorely needs at this point. They can't take a chance and risk it on an unproven coach, or take someone out of college or anything like that. If we didn't have garbage Shack Harris back in the day I think Coughlin could have continued to succeed here, but we have enough talent for a proven coach to come in and lead the team straight to the playoffs easily. He would not be a long term decision but who cares, if he comes in and the team starts playing like the team should be able to do then it doesnt matter. 
in 2012 started 6-2 and ended not making playoffs at 9-7 2013   2014 started off 0-6 ended up 7-9  and 2015 6-10   So two very slow starts in last two years with Giants. 

And this is the guy who will bring up to being a constant playoff contender how?  

Would rather have many playoff runs and a possibility of a super bowl.  Then win one and sub par 500 the next 5-10  years.   

Consistency is what matters.  And I for one.  Do not get hooked by big names or at one time great coaches. 
Quote:I'm assuming you mean "at this point in time" since what you said makes no sense, but whatever. 

Coughlin is a proven winner and something this team sorely needs at this point. They can't take a chance and risk it on an unproven coach, or take someone out of college or anything like that. If we didn't have garbage Shack Harris back in the day I think Coughlin could have continued to succeed here, but we have enough talent for a proven coach to come in and lead the team straight to the playoffs easily. He would not be a long term decision but who cares, if he comes in and the team starts playing like the team should be able to do then it doesnt matter. 
He hardly made the playoffs in the majority of time with giants it was super bowl or bust. 

I doubt it. And this isn't a personal shot or anything at him. But please do remember this is the same man that cut his losses in Buffalo after a change in ownership when he helped build that team up to a 9 - 7 record in 2014. A lot of players were left shaking their heads and felt betrayed. The way he also went about saying his goodbyes or lack thereof also didn't sit very well with the team. And this was coming from players like Fred Jackson who was a well respected and loved player out there. 

Pages: 1 2 3