Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: If Henne takes this team 10-6?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
So with it being declared that Henne will start this season,and Bortles next.The question that remains is what happens if Henne actually plays good and win? Then who will be your starting qb going into next year?
if henne takes the team 10-6 then we will 99% be looking at playoffs. So then he will be judged on his playoff performance.

but honestly if a QB is going 10-6 then who cares? We are riding higher than we've been in a long time.

If he takes the team to 10-6, the Jags will have a nice extra draft pick to work with next year, but I wouldn't worry about that.
That would require Henne to do a lot of things he's never done in his career.

But I'd trade him after the season.
If the team goes 10-6 it would likely be due to marked improvement in the run game and defense. Henne would likely be a game manager in such a scenario similar to an Alex Smith as opposed to a gunslinger who takes over games. Bortles would still in all likelihood be your starter in 2015 as his skill set provides a higher ceiling for how the offense can be run.
Quote:So with it being declared that Henne will start this season,and Bortles next.The question that remains is what happens if Henne actually plays good and win? Then who will be your starting qb going into next year?

I would be very happy!  If he does that, you know you have a very solid, dependable backup heading into 2015 *or* the possibility of getting great trade value for him. 
what if I find Gold in my backyard?

If we go 10-6 I don't care if Jonathan Quinn is the QB, I'll be happy.

That doesn't change the fact that Bortles will be the QB next year. Unless, by some divine intervention, we win the Super Bowl.
It would be the best season in a long time, but I would still start bortles kombat next year. The only way u dont start bortles kombat if we win the super bowl and khan cuts his stach......
Kohn? Stash?
Stephen Morris

If Hennies go 10-6s than we good shape. I wood b so excite. Go jagarsz!
It will be a nice problem to have.

What if aliens came down and took away everbank field to their home planet. where would we play then?
Henne taking this team to 10-6 will happen right after I win the lottery.  While I'm at it I'll convince Jennifer Lawrence to come home with me.

Quote:If the team goes 10-6 it would likely be due to marked improvement in the run game and defense. Henne would likely be a game manager in such a scenario similar to an Alex Smith as opposed to a gunslinger who takes over games. Bortles would still in all likelihood be your starter in 2015 as his skill set provides a higher ceiling for how the offense can be run.

not this again. i keep forgetting there are only 2 kinds of quarterbacks. "game managers" and "gun slingers," nothing else. 
Quote:If the team goes 10-6 it would likely be due to marked improvement in the run game and defense. Henne would likely be a game manager in such a scenario similar to an Alex Smith as opposed to a gunslinger who takes over games. Bortles would still in all likelihood be your starter in 2015 as his skill set provides a higher ceiling for how the offense can be run.
When you get into these what if scenarios you can dream up any number of possibilites...

One possibility could even be that injuries combined with an already weak Oline makes the Jaguars running game impossible, and Chad becomes more mobile taking advantage of the new WR threats to make the Jaguars a passing attack team.  Having the best career of his life (which would have to happen because nothing in the past would make you believe other wise) Chad becomes one of the best  QBs in the league....

I dont think too many fans would be upset of the above happening, but I also think its the least likely to occur.
No matter what happens, you can bet on a large contingent of fans rooting for the team to lose again for the number one pick.  Happens every year.

Quote:So with it being declared that Henne will start this season,and Bortles next.The question that remains is what happens if Henne actually plays good and win? Then who will be your starting qb going into next year?

10 wins, with Henne starting?

Not going to happen.
How will we handle success?

This is so foreign.

I don't like it one bit...
Pages: 1 2 3 4