Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Shorts on Blackmon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Cecil is on with the guys on the Jaguars This Week, and Lageman just asked him if he'd heard from Blackmon.  He said he has not heard from him, and that he's attempted to reach out to him a few times and he got no response.  He said he did talk to Blackmon's roommate in Oklahoma, and his roommate said he was doing well. 

Not sure why it's so hard to see the obvious for some people
If this is some ploy to get the Jags to release him so he can play somewhere else and that they can get a player of Blackmon's caliber for nothing, well, I hope we never release him out of his deal. 

He still owes us 2 years service, correct???

Or is it 3 (if you don't count suspended time as years of service)

If he's not responding to guys who are supposedly his 'friends' on the team, it's not good. 
Quote:If this is some ploy to get the Jags to release him so he can play somewhere else and that they can get a player of Blackmon's caliber for nothing, well, I hope we never release him out of his deal. 

He still owes us 2 years service, correct???

Yes, it's a grand conspiracy.  He's not really a guy with addiction and other issues.  He's just trying to get released so the team gets nothing for him.  He's that deep a thinker. 

Let's get real.

Yes, he does still owe this team 2 years. 
I still think that, in the end, Blackmon doesn't apply to be reinstated.
Quote:I still think that, in the end, Blackmon doesn't apply to be reinstated.

At that point, Shad Khan needs to consider going after him for the guaranteed money that he didn't earn. 
That's too bad.  A guy with his kind of talent and potential.  RJ Soward comes to mind...

It's like he hates the team or something. I don't really understand what happened and why he's acting like this.
Quote:Yes, it's a grand conspiracy.  He's not really a guy with addiction and other issues.  He's just trying to get released so the team gets nothing for him.  He's that deep a thinker. 

Let's get real.

Yes, he does still owe this team 2 years. 

No I meant that as "at this point"....I know he's had real issues in the past.....but if now he's deciding that he just doesn't want to play in Jax....
It doesn't really matter because they can't release him until he's reinstated anyway.
At least in Soward's case, he was able to get back on the field...in Canada...briefly. 

It's funny.  I did a quick Google of RJ and found his wiki page.  This really cracked me up:

Quote:Soward did not take the pressure of being a first-round selection very well. "I think the hardest part for me was dealing with all the pressure after getting drafted," he recalls. "I didn’t play well my first year so people were on me a lot. I wish I would have went to New Orleans in the second round. I wish I hadn’t ever been a first round draft pick. I felt that New Orleans had a better staff to suit me at that time. I think being with those guys would have changed my future in the <a class="" href='http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL' title="NFL">NFL</a>."

He flamed out in Jacksonville because he was a drunk, and a better fit for him would have been New Orleans? 

Unfortunately, it appears Blackmon is becoming Soward 2.0.  It's a real shame.

Quote:No I meant that as "at this point"....I know he's had real issues in the past.....but if now he's deciding that he just doesn't want to play in Jax....

He's an idiot if that's where he's at mentally. 
Quote:It doesn't really matter because they can't release him until he's reinstated anyway.

Well, to me it matters because whenever it is that Blackmon does get re-instated, that I don't want us just letting him leave scott free like that. He owes this team 2 more years, and we'd be fools to just let him walk. 
Quote:He's an idiot if that's where he's at mentally. 

especially with what we have building here. Why wouldn't he want to be a part of it???
Quote:Well, to me it matters because whenever it is that Blackmon does get re-instated, that I don't want us just letting him leave scott free like that. He owes this team 2 more years, and we'd be fools to just let him walk. 

I'm beginning to think he'll pull a Soward and just not attempt to get reinstated.  There's something else going on here.
Quote:especially with what we have building here. Why wouldn't he want to be a part of it???

That's my point.  This should be the ideal opportunity for him to get back on track.  He has a supportive coaching staff, and a team that wants to help him.  He's crapping all over that.
Quote:At least in Soward's case, he was able to get back on the field...in Canada...briefly. 

It's funny.  I did a quick Google of RJ and found his wiki page.  This really cracked me up:

He flamed out in Jacksonville because he was a drunk, and a better fit for him would have been New Orleans? 

Unfortunately, it appears Blackmon is becoming Soward 2.0.  It's a real shame.

It's pretty typical of an alcoholic/addict to blame their problem on other people or things.  It's such a sad waste of talent.
Quote:I'm beginning to think he'll pull a Soward and just not attempt to get reinstated.  There's something else going on here.

Given how talented he's already proven he is at this level, I just can't see that happening. 

THe difference with Soward was that he never really was all that good at this level, other than a single highlight or 2. 
maybe we'll get a compensatory pick at some point or something.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7