Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: So.....does the team lack talent or was it a lack of competent leadership from Gus?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Keep in mind this is the same team that got their [BLEEP] handed to them on national TV against the tacks.
Bradley sucked. End of discussion
Quote:Keep in mind this is the same team that got their [BAD WORD REMOVED] handed to them on national TV against the tacks.

A Gus coached team.. Take it for what it is..
Marrone has us destroying a team fighting for the playoffs. Caldwells roster is fine.

We gave a Ferrari to a 5 year old with the expected results.

Marrone took a Bills team with no QB to the playoffs
This team has always been talented this year.  Gus should have been shown the door two [BLEEP] years ago.  Coaching has been the problem all along.

I have my reservations about Caldwell (my main one is how much control did he have in keeping Gus around) but he has added talent for sure.  He's missed on some big ones too but no GM is going to be perfect.

The team lacked discipline and consistency. Having a head coach that actually enforces rules and holds players accountable for their mistakes works miracles for a team like this.

Quote:This team has always been talented this year. Gus should have been shown the door two [BAD WORD REMOVED] years ago. Coaching has been the problem all along.

I have my reservations about Caldwell (my main one is how much control did he have in keeping Gus around) but he has added talent for sure. He's missed on some big ones too but no GM is going to be perfect.

Bingo
I thought we knew Gus was the main problem?

We keep Marrone, we win the AFC South next year IMO

Quote:I thought we knew Gus was the main problem?

I thought it was Caldwell AND Gus?
Gus
Quote:I thought it was Caldwell AND Gus?
Maybe to some, but not me.
Quote:Marrone took a Bills team with no QB to the playoffs
Nope.

Took them to their first winning season in a decade, but not the playoffs.
I'm not a fan of Caldwell, but with proper discipline this team would have been significantly better and probably won the AFC South this year.   Like the players have been saying, Gus just was too slack and didn't push the players to be their best.  

Quote:Bradley sucked. End of discussion
I guess all the team needed was no hoodies and food at the meetings.

While this was an exciting win, perhaps it would behoove everyone to remember Dan Campbell.

Interim head coach boosts are very common, and often burn out just as fast as they ignite.

Unfortunately with the timing of Gus' firing we won't know if this is legit or just another one of those examples.

If only Marrone had been made interim coach after the first Titans game and we could know for sure...

80% Gus sucked [BLEEP]

20% some talent deficiencies/inconsistent QB play
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5