Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Telvin Smith LB FSU
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Josh Norris from NFL,COM is calling him the  "Steal of the draft"   His highlight real is amazinghttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UIXIWmZi5E

Dude was the fire in FSUs defense no joke. I cant count how many times i saw him on sideline with the Defense huddled around while he was getting them pumped up. Oh yeah and he was also pretty good football player too if you didnt notice.
Quote:Josh Norris from NFL,COM is calling him the  "Steal of the draft"   His highlight real is amazinghttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UIXIWmZi5E
I've seen Lee called the steal of the second day and Colvin called the steal of the 3rd day.

It's strange seeing people say these things about Jaguar draft picks.
Looks like a beast in the video

FSU fans, who did you guys like better? Telvin or Jones?
As a diehard fsu fan I've been watching him as a special team stud. to becoming a full time starter last year. If you talk about passion and juice for the game, telvin smith is all of that and more. Kid is a flat out playmaker from the lb position and was the one guy I could see fitting in perfectly here In Jacksonville. So happy he is a jag
Quote:I've seen Lee called the steal of the second day and Colvin called the steal of the 3rd day.

LOL... they're probably double and triple checking themselves, thinking... this can't be the Jags?!  This can't be the Jags, again?!

Quote:FSU fans, who did you guys like better? Telvin or Jones?
As far as football skills go they both made plays and wrapped up and tackled. Now when it came to being vocal and leadership Telvin hands down owns this departnent. So Telvin for me.
This dude looks the part could be a steal

Quote:I've seen Lee called the steal of the second day and Colvin called the steal of the 3rd day.

Storm Johnson was slated as a 7th round steal on bleacher report as well.....Caldwell must be a criminal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck-JcmnyLto

besides his play on the field, which is very good... I just love this guy.

THIS is a guy I want on my team.  Someone who will get pssed off if things go wrong, someone who expects greatness and will be relentless in the pursuit of greatness.

Love many of the picks this year, but this one might be my favorite.

Guy has elite speed on defense.  Han the 40 as fast as Marqise Lee did, and ran it faster than Allen Robinson.
I bet it's a relief for FSU fans that the next time "FSU" and "STEAL" were used in the same sentence, it didn't  involve Jameis Winston.  Ninja

I know that Telvin has some off the field concerns with the failed drug tests, but other than that I have no clue how Shazier can go 15 and Telvin falls to 144. They are pretty similar players, both in style and height/build. To me Shazier was in the 30-40 range and Telvin should have gone in the 60-70 range. 

Quote:I know that Telvin has some off the field concerns with the failed drug tests, but other than that I have no clue how Shazier can go 15 and Telvin falls to 144. They are pretty similar players, both in style and height/build. To me Shazier was in the 30-40 range and Telvin should have gone in the 60-70 range. 

Shazier has about 15 lbs on him, I guess that's why.

I see Smith as the perfect "QB spy" also.  Just a great pick, especially for a 5th rounder.
Quote:Shazier has about 15 lbs on him, I guess that's why.

I see Smith as the perfect "QB spy" also. Just a great pick, especially for a 5th rounder.
Exactly!!! If he can put on 10-15lbs he wont lose much speed and that would make him very deadly
love the way this guy drives his legs after making initial contact

The guy appears to do something which has been sorely missing from this defense for far too long. He tackles well. Wraps up. I know it's a highlight reel, but one of the biggest frustrations to me as a fan was watching missed tackles by this team. It seemed to be a curse.

Quote:The guy appears to do something which has been sorely missing from this defense for far too long. He tackles well. Wraps up. I know it's a highlight reel, but one of the biggest frustrations to me as a fan was watching missed tackles by this team. It seemed to be a curse.

His small size might have been an ironic advantage after all.  Being smaller than a lot of players, he had to learn how to tackle well, ie... wrap up and tackle, drive your legs, etc.

Now that he has the good technique, if he can just bulk up a bit - watch out.
Quote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck-JcmnyLto

besides his play on the field, which is very good... I just love this guy.

THIS is a guy I want on my team.  Someone who will get pssed off if things go wrong, someone who expects greatness and will be relentless in the pursuit of greatness.

Love many of the picks this year, but this one might be my favorite.

Guy has elite speed on defense.  Han the 40 as fast as Marqise Lee did, and ran it faster than Allen Robinson.

Maybe he'll evolve into the type of vocal leader for our team like a Brian Dawkins/ Ray Lewis/ etc etc. 
He's quickly becoming my favorite pick. 

Pages: 1 2 3 4