Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: AFC South grades
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
self explanatory..

Well the draft is about over, how do you grade the division?

Always find this pointless but:

Colts - F

Houston - A

Jags  - A 

Titans - C

Not much has changed with the clots. Bad drafting with a once in a decade QB falling into their laps every decade.
Indianapolis Colts: C

Too few picks in an extremely deep draft.  If Trent Richardson counted as their first, it would lower the grade.  But just going by what picks they did have, it wasn't too bad.  Donte Moncrief is a good addition.  They didn't need to do too much to remain competitive in the weak division, but that's looking to change fast.

Jacksonville Jaguars: A

I'd give it a plus, but I think the real impact won't be felt until 2015.  So it loses the plus.  Still a great draft imo.  Added a lot of talent on offense, and even got some defensive players that should have went much earlier.  Then picked up a good running back in the 7th.  If we didn't trade up for Linder, I think this would have been an even better draft.  But there was a run on the position.

Tennessee Titans: B+

They got their Runningback -- a replacement for CJ0K.  They did good in the first round, and were patient for a Quarterback.  Huff and Williamson left some to be desired.  But overall a pretty good draft for the tacks I think. 

Houston Texans: A-

Getting Louis Nix in the third was a real surprise.  A really good draft for them.  Potential HOF Clowney.  But I think they didn't get their QB of the future here.  I think Tom Savage lacks the accuracy to succeed in the NFL.  Still, he doesn't detract from what was obviously a good draft by the Texans.  I think Mettenberger will wind up with a better career.

AFC South did a good job drafting for the most part.  Colts just lacked the picks.  This was a really deep draft.

You have to factor in the lacks of picks. Hell jags may have a more dynamic runner in the 7th. Moncrief seems like an OK pick, but he must have been the 20th or so receiver taken so may not have been well rated by insiders as much as draft "experts"
Honestly all the drafts look good except the Colts.

Texans:  A

Jags: A

Titans:  B

Colts: D

Quote:self explanatory..

Well the draft is about over, how do you grade the division?

Why do you ask, and then not give your own grades?
Colts: F

Titans: F

Texans: F

Jags: A+

AM I RIGHT jungle.jaguars.com??????????

Quote:Colts: F

Can't bring yourself to admit you had a poor draft?
Quote:Colts: F-

Titans: F-

Texans: F-

Fixed it for you!!! :woot:
Quote:Can't bring yourself to admit you had a poor draft?

No, anyone who knows me, every year I hate giving "grades" right after the draft.

What I know: Colts OL got better. Still have a huge need at S (really have no idea what we're doing here...) and maybe center (both OL we drafted I read played all over the line, including center).

Those were our 2 needs coming into the draft and maybe one was filled? I do love the Donte Moncrief addition.

Overall this draft wasn't exciting for me as a Colts fan, also not surprised it wasn't, we only had 5 picks.
Quote:No, anyone who knows me, every year I hate giving "grades" right after the draft.

What I know: Colts OL got better. Still have a huge need at S (really have no idea what we're doing here...) and maybe center (both OL we drafted I read played all over the line, including center).

Those were our 2 needs coming into the draft and maybe one was filled? I do love the Donte Moncrief addition.

Overall this draft wasn't exciting for me as a Colts fan, also not surprised it wasn't, we only had 5 picks.

Maybe next year you won't give away your first round pick for an obvious bust at a nonpremium position. Wink
Quote:Maybe next year you won't give away your first round pick for an obvious bust at a nonpremium position. Wink

They also traded for the Browns 5th rounder last year for a 4th rounder this year in what most consider a much deeper draft

Quote:Colts: F

Nope, think everyone had a decent draft apart from your lot. But it was doomed before it started
Jags A

Texans C (because per reports, they didn't even want Clowney, they simply botched the selling process and were demanding too much initially, which scared teams off) Then they allow themselves to get jumped for Bridgewater. Louis Nix could be a nice get, but as stated, the Eagles needed a NT as much as anyone and passed on him at pick 83....so.....

Colts C - based on lack of 1st rounder

Titans B - solid draft. 

Quote:Maybe next year you won't give away your first round pick for an obvious bust at a nonpremium position. Wink

Whats intriguing is I honestly believe that both Storm Johnson and Terrence Cobb will be better pro's than Trent Richardson....and they were 7th rd, and UDFA, respectively. 

Quote:No, anyone who knows me, every year I hate giving "grades" right after the draft.

My favorite pick is Mewhort.  I think with the right coaching he could end up a first round level talent.   I've been a fan of his for a good time now and I'm surprised he was available that deep into the 2nd round.  
It is amazing how having a franchise QB in place can cover up extremely mediocre/borderline awful drafts. I mean, the Pats drafted a guy with 2 torn ACL's and a QB who most likely won't see a competitive down in his entire tenure as a Patriot in the 1st 2 rounds, yet they won't miss a beat....

Houston- A   With the addition of Clowney, their already scary defense just go even more dangerous. If you don't have a fast, mobile QB, then you're in for trouble. QB is their primary area of concern for the Texans and without that, they are very limited. If they adequately address this area, they will be serious contenders for years to come.

Jags- B+  They had a good draft but we'll have to see if the selection of Bortles was the right choice. We'll see, and this could easily bring the draft grade to an A+ if he plays well. They made solid additions across the board, especially at receiver.

Titans- B-  They made solid choices, not the sexy picks. They have a very good O-line now and they already had a solid D-line.

Colts- C-  To be fair, they only had 5 picks, and they picked at #26 at every round. They were bound to have a bad draft by draft position alone. Nonetheless, they addressed the O-line and added another playmaking receiver. On defense they picked up an edge rusher and a solid ILB to help with the run game. They still need defensive secondary help and they ignored that entirely.

Jags- A

Texans- A

Titans-C

Colts C+
Quote:Jags A

Texans C (because per reports, they didn't even want Clowney, they simply botched the selling process and were demanding too much initially, which scared teams off) Then they allow themselves to get jumped for Bridgewater. Louis Nix could be a nice get, but as stated, the Eagles needed a NT as much as anyone and passed on him at pick 83....so.....

Colts C - based on lack of 1st rounder

Titans B - solid draft. 

Please explain how the Texans "didn't want Clowney" when weeks ago they came out and said they already know who they want to pick and it's going to take a lot to move them out of that spot..  that isn't a "botch", they simply stuck to their guns. I mean it's not like they didn't have their pick of the litter.

I mean, Did they allow themselves to get jumped or did they simply have zero interest in him like I did?

It's not like they weren't willing to trade up to take a player that they were interested in... since they did exactly that in the next round... so it's not like they weren't willing to pull the trigger if they really wanted him

there wasn't any drop off between Teddy and QBs taken as late as the 6th round.  Kudos to Houston and the other NFL teams for recognizing that.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5