Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Predict the WR Depth Chart
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
#1 Robinson

#2 Shorts

#3 Lee

#4 Sanders

#5 Brown

Get the feeling it will go

#1 - CS3

#2 - Lee

#3 - A-Rob

We'll see, will be interesting. I really love A-Rob though, going to be a hell of a player.
#1 Shorts

#2 Robinson

#3 Sanders

#4 Lee

#5 ???/Blackmon

I honestly (strongly) believe Blackmon will come back with vengeance and be #1 by end of the year.  Sure he has off the field issues but the guy is a beastly WR. 

In three receiver sets, I can see Shorts working out of the slot. For the most part, though, I see 1 Shorts, 2 Lee, 3 Robinson, 4 Sanders. 

If Blackmon comes back, he's automatically 1. 

x - Robinson, Taylor

z -Shorts, Lee, Brown

slot  - Sanders, Lee, Brown/Doss

I don't know that they'll keep all 6. Probably five. Taylor or Brown likely gone by late August. 

Ace in the slot.

Shorts will start with experience.

Lee and Allen will compete for 2nd outside receiver position.

Blackmon hogging roster spot.

That's 5? Might keep Brown as a 6th or practice squad.

Quote:If Blackmon comes back, he's automatically 1. 

This
We need more receivers. We don't have enough.
Week 1:

#1. Shorts

#2. Lee

#3. Robinson

#4. Sanders

#5. Brown

Bye:

#1. Blackmon

#2. Lee

#3. Shorts

#4. Robinson

#5. Sanders

I suspect Shorts might actually be trade bait depending on how good Lee and Robinson are. Blackmon will not factor into that decision.

You simply can't keep someone like Ace Sanders off the field unless you have a better prototypical slot receiver.

Quote:In three receiver sets, I can see Shorts working out of the slot. For the most part, though, I see 1 Shorts, 2 Lee, 3 Robinson, 4 Sanders.

If Blackmon comes back, he's automatically 1.
This is my take
You guys really think Blackmon will be back? 

Z Lee/Shorts alternate 

X Robinson 

Y Ace

4. Brown 

5. Taylor 

Quote:You guys really think Blackmon will be back? 

Z Lee/Shorts alternate 

X Robinson 

Y Ace

4. Brown 

5. Taylor 
I don't see why he wouldn't be, at some point. I'm sure he'll mess up again and end his career, but that hasn't happened yet. 
The route and formation versatility this group will have if Blackmon returns and all are healthy will be amazing.

We'd have no fewer than 4 guys who could be a legitimate slot receiver (Shorts, Blackmon, Lee and Sanders).

No fewer than 3 guys that are legit outside guys (Blackmon, Robinson, Shorts).

No fewer than 3 guys who are capable of getting open deep (Blackmon, Lee, Shorts).

We'd have at least two guys (Lee and Sanders) who can return kicks.

Furthermore, if Shorts demands too much money to re-sign or gets hurt again, his replacement is on the roster.  If Blackmon can't get it together, we have a guy who can play his role as physical WR.

I really like this group.  It appears at first glance it is the best WR group 1-5 or 6 since the 1996 team with Rison, Smith, mcCardell, Willie Jackson.
Week 1:

1. C. Shorts

2. A. Robinson

3. M. Lee

4. A. Sanders

After bye:

1. J. Blackmon/ C. Shorts

2. A. Robinson

3. M. Lee

4. A. Sanders

Either Blackmon or Shorts will be traded by the deadline or Blackmon will be suspended all season.
still amazed we drafted Lee and Robinson

Well new here, my first post - but a long time Jags fan.

I think with all the extra weapons we will also see a big breakout with Marcedes Lewis (I think he is still with us). So with all the WRs we have now will also open up oppertunities for the TEs.

Taylor will def. be gone.  Dude is a bumb

Considering that Caldwell's already said that they've moved on from Blackmon for next year, I get the feeling there's more likely to be a trade or release if Blackmon's reinstated than an open-armed welcome home. That said, and in no particular order:

Shorts, Lee, A. Robinson, Ace, some combination of Doss, Brown and late-round picks/UDFAs/street guys to bring us to six total wideouts.

If Blackmon returns, drop someone from the Brown/Doss/clusterfudge spot.

Jags 2014 WR lineup:

J.  Blackmon

C. Shorts III

M. Lee

A. Robinson

A. Sanders

T. Doss

OR

C. Shorts III

M. Lee

A. Robinson

A. Sanders