Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Caldwell Went Back On His Word
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
He claims to not play the smokescreen game and just stick to his word, and in the same interview he said Manziel was the most pro ready QB, but then told Blake it "has been him the whole time." Doesn't make any sense.

Makes perfect sense.  Which is why they plan to sit Bortles for a while.

Watch his presser where he addresses these comments. It does make sense.
Totally makes sense and is not contradictory at all.

By the way, you DO realize it is lying season anyway......right?
Quote:He claims to not play the smokescreen game and just stick to his word, and in the same interview he said Manziel was the most pro ready QB, but then told Blake it "has been him the whole time." Doesn't make any sense.

Even after drafting Bortles, he stated he's not pro ready yet.

What did he lie about again?
I think what he said about manziel was what you get from him this year is similar to how the rest of his career will play out. Bortles in their mind will probably not be as good as manziel in the first year but will be the better player in the future.
Quote:He claims to not play the smokescreen game and just stick to his word, and in the same interview he said Manziel was the most pro ready QB, but then told Blake it "has been him the whole time." Doesn't make any sense.
just because Johnny was the most pro ready dosent make him the best or have the most upside.
He said that Manzel is the most ready to start now yes, if you watched his press confrence he also said that what you get with Manzel is what you will get year 2 and 3. where as With Blake he can improve to possibley become your franchise QB. serioustly yall should watch the press confrences.
Nope. Read his comments on Manziel carefully.

He never lied about a thing, he just never gave out the full set of information.
Personally, I want my GM to be completely honest at all times.

For that matter, I think they should publish the gameplan the Tuesday before the game.
just saw the presser. makes more sense now. sorry i let you guys down.

Went back on his word????,,,,,,

Dude I'm not crazy about the pick either, but to expect Caldwell, an NFL GM to be 100% honest is [BLEEP]. No GOOD NFL GM worth his salt is totally honest and forthcoming. 

This isn't church league here. Its the pro's. Dog eat dog. 

Quote:Makes perfect sense.  Which is why they plan to sit Bortles for a while.

Precisely.  Attention to detail.  It fits everything they said, just some ran with the wrong assumptions.
He does smoke screen, he smoke screened the heck outta this pick

Go watch the press conference following the pick. He addressed that again. I think some of you struggle to comprehend his point.
Quote:He does smoke screen, he smoke screened the heck outta this pick
I'll tell ya one thing for sure. He was definitely smoking something before that pick. It's called crack.
Quote:I'll tell ya one thing for sure. He was definitely smoking something before that pick. It's called crack.
Gus crack?
Quote:I'll tell ya one thing for sure. He was definitely smoking something before that pick. It's called crack.

Based in your posting tonight, I'm going to assume you would know this from personal experience.
Quote:Based in your posting tonight, I'm going to assume you would know this from personal experience.
Keep on throwing out the fluff, you better keep it up all night or The Mad Dog will overtake you as top poster big boy.
Quote:Keep on throwing out the fluff, you better keep it up all night or The Mad Dog will overtake you as top poster big boy.

This is the best you can come up with? Really?
Pages: 1 2 3 4