Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: NFL Network's Kurt Warner Not so hot on the Bortles pick
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
However, it wasnt due to the player.

His concern was that Bortles has absolutely NOTHING around him in terms of help on either side of the ball, and putting the 3rd overall pick in a situation like that is not good.
Thats why we try our best to get him help and also not toss him into the fire right off the bat.

We've still got 10 draft picks left and the roster is actually not that bad. Some of the rookies from last year are only getting better and we got some good guys in FA.

He has a point.
Quote:However, it wasnt due to the player.

His concern was that Bortles has absolutely NOTHING around him in terms of help on either side of the ball, and putting the 3rd overall pick in a situation like that is not good.
Yeah I saw that. it was not commentary on Bortles as much as a slam of our entire team. Screw him.
Our picks tomorrow have to both be offense.

Quote:He has a point.
Not really, cause he stated that the kid would be under pressure to win right away, and clearly he won't be

I mean, what would he propose? That we pass on the highest rated player on the board, arguably the best QB in the draft at a position of need because we ranked poorly last year? Just give up huh? Get to the plate and watch em fly by without taking a swing?  His take actually seemed kinda smug, ignorant and weak to me.  Really just plain dumb arguments

Quote:Not really, cause he stated that the kid would be under pressure to win right away, and clearly he won't be

I didn't see what he said, I was just going off of the OP.
Oh, come on. Just ask Tommy, Solid Snake, or Swaguars. All we needed was a QB.

SUPERBOWL, BABY!
both he and Evans are morons if they had actually listened to Daves presser, they would have know that Blake is gonna sit for a year. idiotic reporters spewing their incorrect assesments. they both think he is starting day 1 this year.

He definitely has a point.

Blackmon is a huge question mark at this point in time, Shorts is a decent #2 or good #3 who is injury-prone, our running back is unproven, and our offensive line is a huge mystery. 

Why? To me he is shooting from the hip and just throwing a comment out there because his job makes him....when he made that comment about not haveing help on either side of the ball, I dont feel like he really considered our fa acquisitions that were almost all defensive pick ups that will be immediant starters.. Plus our line has gotten stronger with beattles and the return of luke... He has help around him.... But People who dont give a damn about this team might not see it that way
Quote:He definitely has a point.

Blackmon is a huge question mark at this point in time, Shorts is a decent #3 or good #2 who is injury-prone, our running back is unproven, and our offensive line is a huge mystery. 
You do understand that he is not Starting this year and will sit and learn ?
Quote:I didn't see what he said, I was just going off of the OP.

Oh ok.  But hey, wasn't a shot at u. Just, I was "tee'd" when I saw that.  Just venting.  Please excuse me
Quote:You do understand that he is not Starting this year and will sit and learn ?

I'll believe it when I see it. We heard the same thing about Gabbert. 

If he's any good at all, he'll easily win the competition that they preach about, and they'll have a major decision to make. 

But from what I understand, we don't plan on throwing Bortles into the fire from the get go?....Isn't that accurate?

I will be happy if Bortles is only inserted into the starting lineup on a conservative basis. 

He's a junior. He probably needs more seasoning. Let him sit a little bit and develop via practice, unlike what we did with Gabbert. 

Quote:He definitely has a point.

Blackmon is a huge question mark at this point in time, Shorts is a decent #3 or good #2 who is injury-prone, our running back is unproven, and our offensive line is a huge mystery. 
So just, don't even try
Quote:But from what I understand, we don't plan on throwing Bortles into the fire from the get go?....Isn't that accurate?
Correct
Quote:So just, don't even try

I would have fixed the other positions first unless there was a cant-miss QB prospect. If you think that is not trying, be my guest. 

I hope for the sake of our franchise that Dave is right. I'm skeptical to say the least. 
Quote:I'll believe it when I see it. We heard the same thing about Gabbert. 

If he's any good at all, he'll easily win the competition that they preach about, and they'll have a major decision to make. 
yes gene and jack would say one thing and do another

Dave and Gus tell you what they are gonna do and they do it .
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6