Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The Real Reason for Russel Allen's Release
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Impactful stuff. Just makes me all the more grateful that we had him on our team as long as we did. Best wishes to his family.

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/04/22/russell-al...rs-stroke/

Man, I hate reading that!!

Best wishes to him and his family!!
That was quite the sobering story.

I'm so glad that he is at least up and walking around after that. I hope that his life contains fulfillment and satisfaction from here on out.

Jaguar Forever Russell.

Wow, just wow.  I had no idea.  Good luck to you sir, thanks for your dedication here!

Wow.  

Man if that don't just slap you in the face with some reality, I don't know what will.

Here's to a speedy and full recovery and a heartfelt thank you to Russel for his effort and dedication while here.

Holy smokes.

It's a shame to see something like this happen to anyone.  He's a good guy who is extremely fortunate that this didn't turn out worse. 

I love hearing how the organization dealt with this, and how Gus and Dave have communicated with him. 

I wonder if there will be income for him in the way of medical settlement or anything from the NFL. Was it considered football related? I don't see how it couldn't be.

I was wondering why he wasn't picked up right away after he was released.  

This guy is the perfect example of how a person can come into the league as an UDFA and be a starter.  Sad to see it end like this.  I hope he still comes around the team sometimes because he's an awesome guy.

Scary stuff right there.

Wow, sobering news. I had no idea thats what happened to him. 

Hopefully, he'll be able to still have as productive an after football life as he wants. This is the unfortunate part of the sport. 

Sad news. Best wishes to him and his family. 

Wow... Im speechless sad news indeed smh... prayers to him and the fam.

Definitely shocked by this.

I wish him and his family the best.

This just goes to show how little we the fans know about what goes on in the locker room, and sometimes that gets lost in this.

Mad respect for Allen's toughness. Jaguar forever.

God bless Russell and the entire Allen family. Great player, but a even better person.

Holy cow. I read that he had been released for failing a physical but had no idea it was this serious. Best wishes to Russell and his family; he will be missed.

Wow, that was an unexpected bit of news to start my day with. Best wishes to Russell and his family.

Russell Allen already defied the odds by becoming an undrafted starter. Hats off to him and hope he finds peace in another field.

Pages: 1 2 3 4