Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Gus Bradley's final presser.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/vid...78ae679f0a

35 minute chat with the media after being fired.

He's definitely a good person. It's sad it ended like this but it is what it is.

I need the tl;dr version.

Truly a good dude. Just couldnt get over the hump. He should've stayed on Blake more. Made sure he was getting better. I think thats one of his regrets. Not demanding more from Blake.

Quote:I need the tl;dr version.

Gus:  While there were some good things along the way, we just didn't get it done, and that falls on me as the HC. I appreciate Shad, Dave and the Jaguars for giving me the opportunity to be their HC.
Quote:Gus:  While there were some good things along the way, we just didn't get it done, and that falls on me as the HC. I appreciate Shad, Dave and the Jaguars for giving me the opportunity to be their HC.
Thanks! Sounds like something I would say after being fired.
Good guy, pretty sad moment when he talked about wanting to be here when things turn around, he brought up the time when the plane flew over the stadium after their win in Denver. I thought he was going to cry at that point. Sorry it didn't work out Gus, good luck.

Should of kept him one more year. Just needed a new offensive coord, New rbs, new o linemen, and new QB
Not sad for him at all. He had an opportunity many coaches throughout high school, college and pros aspire for and he had a complete run at it. He had his shot but failed. It happens.

He will be fine and likely end up in a situation much more agreeable.

Regards......................the Chiefjag

"I think we have a lot of talent." He's right.

"It is not about this . . . . It is about me." Half right.

Quote:Not sad for him at all. He had an opportunity many coaches throughout high school, college and pros aspire for and he had a complete run at it. He had his shot but failed. It happens.

He will be fine and likely end up in a situation much more agreeable.

It absolutely is sad for him. Nobody likes getting fired. Have you ever lost a job and been happy about it?
i like the guy also but the time has come to make a change. people dont always remember that this was his first head coaching job and whether or not it worked out for him it should give him experience as he moves on in the league. i do believe he will get a job sooner than later and hope the best for him.

thanks gus

Such a nice guy. That is why I liked Gus when we hired him and still like him today even with the bad record. But everyone knows nice guys finish last and it shows in Bradleys case. 

Quote:It absolutely is sad for him. Nobody likes getting fired. Have you ever lost a job and been happy about it?
Yes. So shut up.

Regards...................the Chiefjag
Quote:It absolutely is sad for him. Nobody likes getting fired. Have you ever lost a job and been happy about it?
Have you failed miserably at your previous job for 4 straight years and expected to be there the next? Have you cost your company hundreds of thousands of dollars due to your management decisions for 4 straight years and expected to still be employed? I want to work where you worked.
Quote:Yes. So shut up.

You can't tell me to shut up. Watch the presser. Gus said, "I love coaching." He talked about wanting another opportunity now that is time in Jacksonville is done. Obviously it is sad for him he lost his job.
Sometimes good people aren't in a good job fit.  Just not sure this is the best utilization of his talents.  Clearly he has had a lot of success or else he wouldn't have made it to this level.  But clearly something is lacking in his skillset in terms of being a head coach of an NFL team.

I'm sure he'll land on his feet.  

Quote:Have you failed miserably at your previous job for 4 straight years and expected to be there the next? Have you cost your company hundreds of thousands of dollars due to your management decisions for 4 straight years and expected to still be employed? I want to work where you worked.

Sad for HIM, not the team. Why don't other people get this?

It is not about the money. It is the fact that he loved his job.

Quote:Sometimes good people aren't in a good job fit.  Just not sure this is the best utilization of his talents.  Clearly he has had a lot of success or else he wouldn't have made it to this level.  But clearly something is lacking in his skillset in terms of being a head coach of an NFL team.

I'm sure he'll land on his feet.  

Many coaches are just not made to be head coaches. Look at Wade Philips and Dom Capers. Great DCs, but losers when they also had to coach the offense and special teams.
Quote:You can't tell me to shut up. Watch the presser. Gus said, "I love coaching." He talked about wanting another opportunity now that is time in Jacksonville is done. Obviously it is sad for him he lost his job.
Yes I can. Shut up. You're being arrogant telling other people how they should feel. Stop it.

Regards......................theChiefjag
Quote:Yes I can. Shut up. You're being arrogant telling other people how they should feel. Stop it.

You are not allowed to tell me to shut up or stop it. Ever. You know what to do if you don't want to read my posts. I can't do it for you.

I did not say you should feel sad about Gus Bradley being fired. I said it is sad for Bradley himself. Why don't you understand that?

Pages: 1 2 3 4