Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Mike Brown
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Re-signed

Championship!

Not taking Sammy Watkins. Mack or Manziel

Quote:Not taking Sammy Watkins. Mack or Manziel

Mike Brown precludes us from drafting Sammy Watkins?

lol
Resigned Henne. QB off the table as well.
Good depth in case anything happens to Ace
QB and WR is covered for the next 10 years.

With a suspended Blackmon, Shorts a solid 2 on the final year of his contract, Ace, Doss, and Brown....

psshh who needs a Watkins?

Nice.

Quote:Mike Brown precludes us from drafting Sammy Watkins?

lol

joke
I'd rather have Evans than Watkins honestly. Watching through Johnny Manziels game tape.. all I see is Evans making a tough catch in traffic. 

Quote:Re-signed

Championship!

Apparently Cleveland tried to match the offer but the commish had to step in and go over the applicable terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Mike Brown is actually really good.  He filled in well

Mike Brown will replace Cecil Shorts' position when he's dealt this draft. 

Quote:Mike Brown will replace Cecil Shorts' position when he's dealt this draft.

That's a bold proclamation there. How did you arrive to this conclusion?
Quote:That's a bold proclamation there. How did you arrive to this conclusion?

Watching enough of Brown this season, combined with continued work with Sullivan, combined with Shorts' current contract situation (one year left) combined with Caldwell's professed desire to accumulate more draft picks for the upcoming draft. 
Quote:Watching enough of Brown this season, combined with continued work with Sullivan, combined with Shorts' current contract situation (one year left) combined with Caldwell's professed desire to accumulate more draft picks for the upcoming draft.

I would agree but considering Blackmon's questionable status and unless they plan on drafting Watkins I dont see it happening. You would want somewhat of a established veteran WR to help a rookie QB later in the season and I don't think Mike Brown fits that profile yet.
Quote:I would agree but considering Blackmon's questionable status and unless they plan on drafting Watkins I dont see it happening. You would want somewhat of a established veteran WR to help a rookie QB later in the season and I don't think Mike Brown fits that profile yet.

I agree that they will be drafting another WR high (first 3 rounds) anyway - but that would be to replace Blackmon's spot - as they view his roster spot as a luxury right now. Brown can and would take Shorts' position in any trading of Shorts in exchange for further draft choices. 
Quote:Watching enough of Brown this season, combined with continued work with Sullivan, combined with Shorts' current contract situation (one year left) combined with Caldwell's professed desire to accumulate more draft picks for the upcoming draft. 
What kind of draft pick do you think we could get for Shorts?

I can't imagine anyone would be willing to give more than a 4th for him, and I don't really see us getting a player in round 4 that can contribute like a healthy Shorts. Concussions are tricky though nowadays, no telling what could happen if Shorts gets another one of those.
Quote:Mike Brown will replace Cecil Shorts' position when he's dealt this draft. 
  I don't think they intend to deal Shorts.  He's proven himself capable and with Blackmon an unknown entity they'll want to have someone they trust that doesn't run a 4.6 forty time.

If they do get a nice offer for him it would more likely be Kerry Taylor who steps up to replace Shorts.  He's taller, bigger, and faster than Brown.  

I like Mike Brown.  He's a good route runner with above average hands - but he's just too slow to be a major part of this offense long term.   As the roster is upgraded with more speed he'll sink on the depth chart.  If injuries, rookie learning curve and Blackmon being Blackmon play a role again this year - he may have a shot to be a contributor. But that's about it IMO. 

You people just love to champion mediocrity around here. SMH.  #amidoingthisright?   :teehee:
Quote:I agree that they will be drafting another WR high (first 3 rounds) anyway - but that would be to replace Blackmon's spot - as they view his roster spot as a luxury right now. Brown can and would take Shorts' position in any trading of Shorts in exchange for further draft choices.

So you believe that Brown is equal to or better than Shorts in terms of production/performance/upside?
Pages: 1 2 3