Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Caldwell gambling.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
So Gerhart is set to recieve $4 million, from the jags. But Mojo signed a contract for $1.2 million in Oakland, hmm we couldnt pay that?..Lets hope Caldwell is making a good decision, cuz i think it would have been better and cheaper to keep Mojo..Ijs ..
Quote:So Gerhart is set to recieve $4 million, from the jags. But Mojo signed a contract for $1.2 million in Oakland, hmm we couldnt pay that?..Lets hope Caldwell is making a good decision, cuz i think it would have been better and cheaper to keep Mojo..Ijs ..

Mojo is old and worn down.

Gerhart is not.

Simple stuff.
4.5 million guaranteed for 3 years for a fresh set of legs who arn't injury prone.. Sounds like a good deal to me..

On one hand you have an RB that has not finished his last couple of years due to injury

On the other you have an RB that has less than 300 caries on his body for his career so far and has over 4 yard average for those carries.

Yeah I don't think he's gambling, I think he's pretty smart.

Hmmmm ill take 1.2 mill Mojo ova 4 mill Gerhart all day everyday..Ijs.. and playing behind a bad o-line isnt worn down..
I'll take the 4 million and health when you have over 30 million you can spend.

Quote:Hmmmm ill take 1.2 mill Mojo ova 4 mill Gerhart all day everyday..Ijs.. and playing behind a bad o-line isnt worn down..

Do you watch football?
My guess is that Mojo was offered the same contract as Gerhart. Mojo felt he could get more on the open market (bad agent advice) and Gerhart jumped on the opportunity. Once Gerhart was signed they retracted their offer from Mojo which lead to his "done wrong" comment.

Just my .02
Quote:Hmmmm ill take 1.2 mill Mojo ova 4 mill Gerhart all day everyday..Ijs.. and playing behind a bad o-line isnt worn down..

You do realize that hanging on to older, worn down players will do nothing but help keep this franchise in the basement, right? I liked Mojo too, but it was time to cut ties.. His production took a good sized hit when he got injured. It happens. That's the life of an RB.. And that's why nobody was really clamoring for him when he became a free agent..
Quote:Do you watch football?
Do you?
As much as I agree with letting MJD go and I like adding Gerhart.. Caldwell still over-payed

Quote:Do you watch football?

I think some people have a hard time acknowledging when a player is on the down or done

running backs careers are like cliffs, they get so high and there is usually never a steady slope, it's just gone
You and these threads I swear.

Quote:Do you?

I do!
Quote:You do realize that hanging on to older, worn down players will do nothing but help keep this franchise in the basement, right? I liked Mojo too, but it was time to cut ties.. His production took a good sized hit when he got injured. It happens. That's the life of an RB.. And that's why nobody was really clamoring for him when he became a free agent..
I aint saying hang on to him but for that contract you bring in a rookie rb and split carries with him like we did Freddy T.
Quote:You and these threads I swear.
You and these avatar pics smh..
Quote:Do you?

That's what I thought. Stick to Madden, bro.
Quote:I do!
Thats whatsup!
Quote:I aint saying hang on to him but for that contract you bring in a rookie rb and split carries with him like we did Freddy T.

Jordan Todman..

One player's arrow is pointing down, the other at least has a chance to be fairly productive. 

Amazing how some of our fans still don't get it about the RB position and how fast they decline by their upper 20's when they have amassed a lot of carries. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8