Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The most position of need on this team aside from QB?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm thinking WR.  I am not even counting on blackmon this year and if you take him out of the equation we have a very weak wr group.  Shorts always seems to come up short.  Sanders is a good lateral player but not a good receiver yet.  We need help in this area badly.

Quote:I'm thinking WR. I am not even counting on blackmon this year and if you take him out of the equation we have a very weak wr group. Shorts always seems to come up short. Sanders is a good lateral player but not a good receiver yet. We need help in this area badly.

Gotta go with O-line. Our WRs could still be very productive. We need a couple more starters on the oline still.
Our WR group is pretty solid without Blackmon. Mike Brown showed flashes last year and with another year under his belt I expect him to improve. Shorts is in the verge of becoming a very good WR if he can become more consistent. Ace turned it on the 2nd half of last season.

I wouldn't be opposed to adding another WR in the mid rounds but its not a pressing need. Currently we need to find a starting Guard and Center as those are the areas lacking the most right now followed by adding another LB and looking for an upgrade at FS.
Quote:I'm thinking WR.  I am not even counting on blackmon this year and if you take him out of the equation we have a very weak wr group.  Shorts always seems to come up short.  Sanders is a good lateral player but not a good receiver yet.  We need help in this area badly.
I dont know if WR would be our biggest need but i would love to see Watkins, Shorts, Blackmon, and Sanders as our receiving corps even Henne could be successful with that much help around him.

But i think our DEs is still our biggest need there our two things a need needs to succeed a good QB and a good pass rush and even though we signed players like Clemons, Babin, you cant rely on them dinosaurs.   
DE.

DE by a mile.
Interior O-Line and it's not close. We're decent everywhere else but C and RG are putrid right now.

I would say LB.Besides Poz,not much there.Geno Hayes is ok,but the Jaguars need upgrades there

Absolutely offensive line.  We have no starting quality players at C or RG.  

After that, WR.  

Quote:I would say LB.Besides Poz,not much there.Geno Hayes is ok,but the Jaguars need upgrades there
Russell Allen will never be appreciated on this board. Geno Hayes has been solid this year, Laroy Reynolds and Lotulelei provide depth with potential. Not to say an upgrade like a more athletic Will would not be appreciated but we can be competitive with that group.
C, RG.

Interior OL...have Beadles and then no one starting worthy at the other two spots.

As many have said Interior OL.

I would also add QB, our best option at the moment is Chad Henne.  How does that not scare people?

i think we could start week one with everything as is except on the offensive line

if we went into the year with say brewster and mclendon at centre and right guard i think we would struggle

so interior o line is my biggest need

clemons and babin are band aids not solutions so de is next biggest need

after that we need a wide receiver to take attention away from shorts if blackmon is not coming back

i also think we need another nose tackle to rotate with roy miller in a 4 man dt rotation so that is my next biggest need

i wouldn't be surprised if we address all of these needs to some extent in this draft

i can see us going

de in the first

qb in the second

centre in the third

nose tackle and guard in the 4th

wide receiver in the 5th

that being said I would be very happy if we added premium talent to our o line and went say

de in the first

guard in the second

centre in the 3rd

qb in the 4th

wide receiver in the 4th

qb in the 5th

nose tackle in the 5th
Pass rusher then interior o-line. Think both will be addressed in the draft.
Quote:As many have said Interior OL.

I would also add QB, our best option at the moment is Chad Henne.  How does that not scare people?
Because we read the thread title ?
The original post stated "Team Needs" --- I think we NEED playmakers.  That said, my list is below:

1) WR  -- I placed this over center because it's a lot harder to find a #1 WR then an adequate center.

2) OLB - We really don't have a playmaker at LB

3) C - because we don't really have one.

4) CB - don't have a #1 CB

5) OG-OT

I think a need that has been understated is TE. We have no one behind Marcedes, and it's questionable whether he'll be around with his fat contract after this season.

With the exception of maybe MLB and one of the DT spots, I think every position on the roster can be upgraded. But especially:

C

G

DE

WR

Quote:I think a need that has been understated is TE. We have no one behind Marcedes, and it's questionable whether he'll be around with his fat contract after this season.

With the exception of maybe MLB and one of the DT spots, I think every position on the roster can be upgraded. But especially:

C

G

DE

WR

They resigned clay harbor right? He's not all world but he's ok as a backup.
We've literally got a hole in the middle of our offensive line.  That trumps receivers or anything on defense.

Pages: 1 2 3