Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Lets not forget who Chad Henne is!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
The more and more i read some of you guys thread im starting to believe a lot of you guys are accepting Henne as the qb for next season. Im here to remind you how important it is that we get a qb 1sr round. Lets not forget how in 3 consecutives weeks at the end of last season Henne couldnt make the play to win the game, lets not forget how great our defense played at times only to be let down by a costly turnover from Henne in an critical time of many footbal games. My point is we have to be mindful that the most important position that needs to changed is QB!! Or we will repeat the last two years cycle.
I had totally forgotten who Henne was until I read this thread

The teal goggles are blinding them. Like I've said with Henne at QB we won't win more than 6 games. But a lot of people on here are ok with that because it's an improvement.
Yeah, everybody loves Chad Henne. That's why most of the board wants a QB in the first round.

If anybody has a fairy tale view of Henne, it's the local media specifically 1010xl.

Whos chad henne? Does he play center?
Quote:The more and more i read some of you guys thread im starting to believe a lot of you guys are accepting Henne as the qb for next season. Im here to remind you how important it is that we get a qb 1sr round. Lets not forget how in 3 consecutives weeks at the end of last season Henne couldnt make the play to win the game, lets not forget how great our defense played at times only to be let down by a costly turnover from Henne in an critical time of many footbal games. My point is we have to be mindful that the most important position that needs to changed is QB!! Or we will repeat the last two years cycle.

What if we can't get that QB? What if Bridgewater is gone and the staff don't believe Manziel/Bortles is the guy? Do we take a QB in the first round anyway because you say "it's important it is that we get a qb 1sr round"? Or do we take somebody else? Clowney maybe and grab a QB in the second?

I hate that people demand a player in a certain round.
Well, there goes a few minutes of my life that I'll never get back.

2014 is about improvement.  It's not about making the playoffs -- it's just about getting faster, hope you hit on a few free agents, and be competitive.

Henne has a 2 year contract to get us through transition.  The playoffs are always a goal but in 2014 it's more about transition whereas 2015 will be the realistic playoff goal.

Well Henne isn't being paid like a franchise Quarterback, so there isn't really anything to worry about.  Lets wait 54 days and see how everything plays out before making assumptions.  We are still in a rebuilding process.   

I personally will NEVER believe that Henne is our future. Heck, I don't even feel that he'll be a bridge as Jaguar Execs put it. We have an Golden opportunity to acquire an franchise QB (in my opinion) in Bridgewater. He's the most NFL ready QB in the draft. His pocket prescence and footwork is already honed. His arm strength, his deep balls, his leadership and his reading of defensed are above and beyond the other primary QBs. Now it is a given that Caldwell may be targeting another prospect such as Georgia and Alabama's QB. Nevertheless we have the opportunity to acquire our QB of the future within this 2014 draft and I believe that we will. In doing so Henne will be "Water Under the Bridge"...

NH3...
Quote:2014 is about improvement.  It's not about making the playoffs -- it's just about getting faster, hope you hit on a few free agents, and be competitive.

Henne has a 2 year contract to get us through transition.  The playoffs are always a goal but in 2014 it's more about transition whereas 2015 will be the realistic playoff goal.

If we're looking to be playoff bound in 2015, we need to have that QB in place within 2014 so that he gets the much needed experience. Again Henne isn't the answer as the original poster has mentioned...

NH3...
Quote:The teal goggles are blinding them. Like I've said with Henne at QB we won't win more than 6 games. But a lot of people on here are ok with that because it's an improvement.
Certain HOF QB's notwithstanding I don't think any QB will win more than 6 games with this team.
Quote:Certain HOF QB's notwithstanding I don't think any QB will win more than 6 games with this team.

Before I'm ready to predict that, let's wait and see what happens the rest of the off-season.  The defense got appreciably better this week.  Offense did, too. A few more pieces will make this team competitive every week.  I don't think playoffs, but 8 or 9 wins could happen.
Quote:Before I'm ready to predict that, let's wait and see what happens the rest of the off-season.  The defense got appreciably better this week.  Offense did, too. A few more pieces will make this team competitive every week.  I don't think playoffs, but 8 or 9 wins could happen.
Signing the cast-offs from other teams doesn't neccesarily make a team better.
Quote:Signing the cast-offs from other teams doesn't neccesarily make a team better.

And doesn't necessarily not make them better. What's your point?
[quote name="HURRICANE!!!" post="154379" timestamp="1394979394"]

2014 is about improvement. It's not about making the playoffs -- it's just about getting faster, hope you hit on a few free agents, and be competitive.

Henne has a 2 year contract to get us through transition. The playoffs are always a goal but in 2014 it's more about transition whereas 2015 will be the realistic playoff goal.[/quote

It's always about getting to the playoffs. I hate the mediocrity on this board.
I think it goes both ways.  I also think some people have a negative view of Henne without giving him a shot.

Henne has never played on a talented team.  All I want to see is what he has with a whole off season getting the majority of the snaps and talent around him.  I don't believe he is our QB of the future but could play well until that QB is groomed.  All I am asking is lets see what the guy has got with a fair chance.  Lets get an offense line in here that can pass protect and a capable running game. When Blackmon played Henne had some pretty good games.  We need a #1 receiver and  we need more speed on the outside as well. I would not be surprised at all if the name Watkins is called on draft day.
Obviously no one here truly believes he's our future but what we do know is that compared to gabbert, he gave our receivers a chance to make plays and stood in the pocket. When we had our full assortment of receivers, in this offense he put up numbers so I think well at least for me I'm glad he's back because at least I know he's familiar with the playbook and can win a game if need be. And as a mentor for a younger Qb, I'd much rather have him who a rookie can see and say this guy stands strong and makes plays....have to do the same
Quote:And doesn't necessarily not make them better. What's your point?

That we won 6 games over the last two seasons and neither a rookie QB or a bunch of FA signings is going to change in the course of one offseason.
Quote:That we won 6 games over the last two seasons and neither a rookie QB or a bunch of FA signings is going to change in the course of one offseason.
Or you could look at it like we just doubled our win total and could do it again.

From 2 to 4 to 8!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5