Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: When Do the Jags Pick Up a Center
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
With alot of good Centers out there when and who do the Jags tab as Meetster's replacement?

With Alex Mac (28 ) clearly the number 1 Center available but he will be very expensive due to being tagged by Cleveland.  I would love to see Mack anchoring our line maybe  Brian De La Puente (29) may be a more realistic option.

Your guesses if we pick up one of the younger Centers  or do the Jags wait to fill in the draft

I'd really like to sign De La Puente
Mack hopefully.. would rather not risk it on a 3-7th round rookie. 

Marcus Martin or Weston Richburg in the 3rd round would be my best guess.

Draft.
It'll be during the draft or after the draft. I wouldn't mind Stork out of FSU or Swanson out of Arkansas on day two at some point. The Center position is not very strong in this year's draft but it's also not an advertised or glamorized posistion in football either. Outside of Mangold and the Pouncey brothers, and I think that one kid DAL took a year or two ago, I don't remember any other time a Center was drafted very high. In fact, the one year I wanted Jacksonville to select Matt Tennant at Center, we traded that pick to the Saints for a future draft choice and they took him instead.

3rd or 4th round of the draft.    Maybe DeLaPuente in a few days - but probably in the draft. 

Quote:Marcus Martin or Weston Richburg in the 3rd round would be my best guess.

Richburg is going to be a good one.
Just a little patience. Yeah.
Ryan Wendell ?

Mack is a great center, but Wendell and De LA Puente are the best fits for ZBS

If we wait until the draft I hope it is Travis Swanson from Arkansas in either the 2nd or 3rd round. They run a ZBS at Arkansas on a large majority of their plays.

Quote:Richburg is going to be a good one.

I haven't seen him play what do u like about him? Does he fit zone blocking scheme? Is he nasty?
I'd keep a I on Brian Stork Fsu center heard staff liked him at Nfl scouting combine
3rd round

Quote:I haven't seen him play what do u like about him? Does he fit zone blocking scheme? Is he nasty?

He comes from a ZBS from CSU and excelled in the process. Extremely smart as he was a former QB in high school. Plays with a nasty streak and finishes blocks. Can be slotted in at G but will make his money as a C.
De la what?
I'd say they end getting a mid level guy out there now, and draft Stork. Don't see them paying Mack's price, it would be nice to have his caliber though.

Mike Brewster just might excel if given a chance to play his natural position.

Quote:De la what?
Soul.
Mike Brewster is horrible.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6