Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
When Do the Jags Pick Up a Center

With alot of good Centers out there when and who do the Jags tab as Meetster's replacement?

With Alex Mac (28 ) clearly the number 1 Center available but he will be very expensive due to being tagged by Cleveland.  I would love to see Mack anchoring our line maybe  Brian De La Puente (29) may be a more realistic option.

Your guesses if we pick up one of the younger Centers  or do the Jags wait to fill in the draft

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'd really like to sign De La Puente

Mack hopefully.. would rather not risk it on a 3-7th round rookie. 

Marcus Martin or Weston Richburg in the 3rd round would be my best guess.

Draft.

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2014, 03:34 PM by Caldrac.)

It'll be during the draft or after the draft. I wouldn't mind Stork out of FSU or Swanson out of Arkansas on day two at some point. The Center position is not very strong in this year's draft but it's also not an advertised or glamorized posistion in football either. Outside of Mangold and the Pouncey brothers, and I think that one kid DAL took a year or two ago, I don't remember any other time a Center was drafted very high. In fact, the one year I wanted Jacksonville to select Matt Tennant at Center, we traded that pick to the Saints for a future draft choice and they took him instead.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

3rd or 4th round of the draft.    Maybe DeLaPuente in a few days - but probably in the draft. 

Quote:Marcus Martin or Weston Richburg in the 3rd round would be my best guess.

Richburg is going to be a good one.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Just a little patience. Yeah.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Ryan Wendell ?

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2014, 04:13 PM by GreeceMonkE.)

Mack is a great center, but Wendell and De LA Puente are the best fits for ZBS

If we wait until the draft I hope it is Travis Swanson from Arkansas in either the 2nd or 3rd round. They run a ZBS at Arkansas on a large majority of their plays.

Quote:Richburg is going to be a good one.

I haven't seen him play what do u like about him? Does he fit zone blocking scheme? Is he nasty?

I'd keep a I on Brian Stork Fsu center heard staff liked him at Nfl scouting combine

3rd round

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote:I haven't seen him play what do u like about him? Does he fit zone blocking scheme? Is he nasty?

He comes from a ZBS from CSU and excelled in the process. Extremely smart as he was a former QB in high school. Plays with a nasty streak and finishes blocks. Can be slotted in at G but will make his money as a C.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

De la what?

I'd say they end getting a mid level guy out there now, and draft Stork. Don't see them paying Mack's price, it would be nice to have his caliber though.

Mike Brewster just might excel if given a chance to play his natural position.

'02

Quote:De la what?
Soul.

Mike Brewster is horrible.