Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Hope I don't get blasted.. read through to the end.... Answer and don't hate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Every jaguars fan... Suffers now .

Every jags player or employee

Suffers now.

Losing sux.

Period.

I've watched every game all year.

And I see some players bring everything they have on every play every game.

And other.....Well less that that...

But I hear almost every player comment about Gus.... Something like this...

" We love him as our coach".

So that being said....

If they mostly " love Gus"...

They Must know that he is almost certainly gone on or before Jan 21 2017.

Wouldn't they....As a group....

Come together and agree collectively...

" The only way to even have a remote chance to have Gus back next year is of we come out and flat out completely annihilate our opponents"?

My question is to all of my fellow jags fans is this....What if....

Today....

Collectively...Our team...

Flat out smashes Houston the way San Diego smashed us....

And then we repeat that performance with a similar performance next week...

Question....

If this happens...

Do you want Gus back?

My answer?

I want him back next year
well, iF that really happened....which I doubt.....

Why would these players that love him so just now decide to play?

and ....NO...don't want him back.

Thanks for ur response mower guy

Idk if then deciding to play is the answer or not.

I just can't see our team collectively not busting their butts to save his job if they loved him like they say they do
Quote:well, iF that really happened....which I doubt.....

Why would these players that love him so just now decide to play?

and ....NO...don't want him back.

Seconded.
I still wouldn't want him back. I would like them to win tho. It would make the team more appealing to the next HC
The coach is incompetent. He needs to go. Period.

I tried making it through your post, but the formatting is terrible.
Quote:Every jaguars fan... Suffers now .

Every jags player or employee

Suffers now.

Losing sux.

Period.

I've watched every game all year.

And I see some players bring everything they have on every play every game.

And other.....Well less that that...

But I hear almost every player comment about Gus.... Something like this...

" We love him as our coach".

So that being said....

If they mostly " love Gus"...

They Must know that he is almost certainly gone on or before Jan 21 2017.

Wouldn't they....As a group....

Come together and agree collectively...

" The only way to even have a remote chance to have Gus back next year is of we come out and flat out completely annihilate our opponents"?

My question is to all of my fellow jags fans is this....What if....

Today....

Collectively...Our team...

Flat out smashes Houston the way San Diego smashed us....

And then we repeat that performance with a similar performance next week...

Question....

If this happens...

Do you want Gus back?

My answer?

I want him back next year
I hear ya and I like the continuity aspect, but something just isn't clicking...it's not coming together...maybe everyone underestimated the magnitude of this rebuild and thought so and so had a rebuild too and look at them now...Gus did step into rebuilding a team that had less talent than an expansion team but there is no fruit on the tree now to show for 4 years...Caldwell did say he may have went too deep in the first purge, but whats done is done... 

I think that we are where Caldwell and Gus projected us to be last year, competitive, but just not there yet....I'm on the fence leaning hard towards a new coaching staff, but i can't help but worry that a new coaching staff would be like starting all over again...The other part of me says well it cant it really be any worse than where we are now can it?
The guy can drop dead..
It won't happen even hypothetically
I don't thin you have to worry about that.  Texans beat us by 10 today

Please shoot me
Every week someone asks if it's possible for Gus, sixty games into his head coaching career, can suddenly become Bill Belichick.

The answer is still the same, he can't.
Too many stupid mistakes and glaring examples of discipline issues every week to continue to excuse coaching as the culprit. 

He gone. 

No.

Don't they have medical mary jo wanna out there in So Cal?  

Me thinks,  you've been partaking???

:yes:

As fans, we generally have a propensity to like the guys that wear our team's uniform or lead our guys into battle and believe automatically that they're more talented than the competition.  In reality, with 31 other professional teams with their fans thinking the same thing somethings got to give.  It means our guys might not be better than the competition.  It means that all 7 of our draft picks in a given year aren't going to turn into all pros or even solid contributors.  It means our coach might not be in the top half of the league as far as coaches go.

Bradley wasn't dealt the best hand here, but he didn't make the most of his opportunity here either.  There's not one season where you can clearly say he coached our guys up to over achieve.  He's out of time here.  I like the guy and wish him well and for his sake I hope he finds success with another team not in our division.

This thread really challenges that whole "There are no stupid questions" thing.

If the players love Gus so much they can help him pack.

Next.

No cuz we're gonna get caught in the same weird situation year in and year and with Gus.

Lose all season then win a couple games of meaningless games on the back end which looks like " momentum " or " improvement " then do the same thing next year and on and on and on.

That being said wouldn't be surprised if we won 3 straight as that is the usual story with Gus.

He needs to go. He has poisoned the well and planted bad seeds in these players during his tenure. I just hope he didn't do enough damage to the Jaguars psyche in the long run
Quote:I still wouldn't want him back. I would like them to win tho. It would make the team more appealing to the next HC

This is the first time I saw anyone mention the appeal idea. Five wins is five wins any way you spin it though so I am not sure it will make a difference. Of course I want the Jaguars to win because I am a Jaguars fan.

Quote:Please shoot me

BANG! Happy now?

Seriously, you do need to curb your negativity about the team. No matter how bad we are good things still happen on the field.

Quote:Too many stupid mistakes and glaring examples of discipline issues every week to continue to excuse coaching as the culprit. 

He is gone. 

I don't see anybody excusing the coaches for stupid mistakes. Players need to execute. Nothing that goes wrong can be blamed 100% on the coaches.
Pages: 1 2 3 4