Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: David Garrard on Blaine Gabbert
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Preach it Dave!!

[Image: 51b7913a788210f348f2702cfe02224ab6c75559...847d69.jpg]
He was honest. Can't fault him for that.

Hell, I'll take Garrard still. Look at the receivers he got us to the playoffs with.

Garrard also benefited from a much more consistent and stout defense though, with the exception of the pass rush. He also had a outstanding ground game behind him that year as well with a younger MJD and steady dose of Fred Taylor rotating in and out.

He ain't wrong
Takeaways.. Both guys aren't doing much.. Can't be any worse than what it's been.
Quote:Hell, I'll take Garrard still. Look at the receivers he got us to the playoffs with.

Was there a drop off that year when Garrard was hurt and Quinn Gray played? They went 2-1 on a 3 game road trip and the two wins were against playoff teams. That was with Gray instead of Garrard. They had Taylor at the end of his prime and MJD at the beginning. They won in spite of the QB play.
Quote:Was there a drop off that year when Garrard was hurt and Quinn Gray played? They went 2-1 on a 3 game road trip and the two wins were against playoff teams. That was with Gray instead of Garrard. They had Taylor at the end of his prime and MJD at the beginning. They won in spite of the QB play.
Gabbert had MJD during his best year and a top 6 defense and went 5-11 LOL. 
Quote:Gabbert had MJD during his best year and a top 6 defense and went 5-11 LOL. 

In 2006, Garrard had the 3rd best rushing attack, the 4th best defense and went 8-8. Sorry if I am not ready to throw him a parade.
Quote:In 2006, Garrard had the 3rd best rushing attack, the 4th best defense and went 8-8. Sorry if I am not ready to throw him a parade.
And drug addicts for receivers. Garrard was much better than some people want to give him credit for.

Not elite but far from horrible as people like alfie tried to portray him.
Agree with every word.
Quote:And drug addicts for receivers. Garrard was much better than some people want to give him credit for.

Not elite but far from horrible as people like alfie tried to portray him.

He was as average as the day is long.

He also had a habit of saving his worst for December, when the games mattered the most.

Why has this turned into a Garrard debate. He is undoubtedly better than henne and gabbert, but hes still mediocre. Everything he said was spot on.
No one else is seeing the irony in this interview?

There isn't a QB on the planet that benefitted more from his 4th training camp and preseason than David Garrard.  Now, he seems to want to deny that privelege from Blaine Gabbert and go with the entrenched starter.

This video is old and still true. Wish we could've seen Stanzi play.
Quote:No one else is seeing the irony in this interview?

There isn't a QB on the planet that benefitted more from his 4th training camp and preseason than David Garrard.  Now, he seems to want to deny that privelege from Blaine Gabbert and go with the entrenched starter.

Maybe he's a little jaded by being the veteran who couldn't stay healthy enough to hold off the rookie for three straight teams.
Quote:Hell, I'll take Garrard still. Look at the receivers he got us to the playoffs with.
How bad are things, really, when we long for the days of David Garrard?
Quote:How bad are things, really, when we long for the days of David Garrard?

THAT BAD
Brunell! Brunell! Brunell!

Pages: 1 2 3