Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: When can we expect any news on blackmons playing status?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I know he would have to be cleared by goodell and probably be suspended his first 8-16 games if he gets reinstated.  Does anyone know the process of this and when we could hear any news on this situation?

I know Not the process but I know that suspending him 8-16 games in the 2014 season is Unamaganable IF and WHEN he's reinstated... We need B14CKMON even if we draft another receiver. His play making ability is Above and Beyond...

NH3...
Probably start of new league year march 11
As I understand it, Blackmon himself is the first to initiate the process with a written reinstatement request, anytime after the beginning of the new league calendar year. How long it takes the league office (and powers within) to make a determination on the application and terms of reinstatement is unknown. Many believe his reinstatement with the ability to play will be at least one year from the date of his suspension (game 8 or 9 time period).
I got the impression from the language used that he must file reinstatement with the league "prior to the start of the 2014 season."  Meaning, after preseason is over and cut downs are made prior to opening weekend.

The language is very vague, as they say "season" and not specifically fiscal year.

One could suspect Caldwell's "bonus" language means it's still up in the air when the league would actually allow him to return if/when reinstated.

Its expected he will be allowed to play all of 2014. As for the official word I dont know.

We'll know in the pre-season at the very latest

Quote:Its expected he will be allowed to play all of 2014. As for the official word I dont know.

That's how I interpreted it as well. He can apply for reinstatement to play the entire 2014 season. It's up to the commissioner to determine everything from there. If Blackmon genuinely sought treatment and has clearly found the right path, I would expect the league to be flexible. Based on his track record, that's going to be a tough sell.
Quote:That's how I interpreted it as well. He can apply for reinstatement to play the entire 2014 season. It's up to the commissioner to determine everything from there. If Blackmon genuinely sought treatment and has clearly found the right path, I would expect the league to be flexible. Based on his track record, that's going to be a tough sell.

If he plays 16 games for the jags this year he'll automatically be the most improved player in the league.
This team has never seen a talent like this at WR. It would be scarey to see what he could do with a good QB. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYCfen8Yxi0

Quote:This team has never seen a talent like this at WR. It would be scarey to see what he could do with a good QB.

He already did well with a mediocre QB. It'll be scary to see what he can do with 16 games.
Quote:If he plays 16 games for the jags this year he'll automatically be the most improved player in the league.
My hope is that he gets his life in order, and gets back on the field.  The sooner the better.  What we've seen in flashes with some pretty pedestrian QB talent is a guy who can be a real weapon.  With more time on the field, he can only get better. 
Quote:I know Not the process but I know that suspending him 8-16 games in the 2014 season is Unamaganable IF and WHEN he's reinstated... We need B14CKMON even if we draft another receiver. His play making ability is Above and Beyond...

NH3...

I had to read that word five times before I finally got it.   Unamanagable?  Unmanageable?   Un... Un...  What?   I had to sound it out.  Un uh mag uh nuh bul   Un a maj un a ble.   Unimaginable!   Jeesus!  

But yes, all kidding aside, I'd love to have him back.  

The best bet is to probably think about it as if he is no longer on the team.  That way if/when he does come back its a bonus.

As far as hearing anything about if/when he can come back, I believe we will know as soon as the team does.  When they have been asked, they haven't been able to say much due to not knowing themselves.  News will come out as soon as he is able to start the process of reinstatement.  

We all know the journalists will be all over the story as soon as they hear something.

He's going to be reinstated sometime this off season. I suspect him to sit out the preseason at least.  The jaguars offense improved a lot with Blackmon on the field.  I this time around he'll stay out of trouble[ it will be his last chance anyways].

I've heard it is likely that the league gives him a one year suspension, that would mean he is back mid-season. I hope this theory is wrong, and he is back for the full season.
someone get this guy a driver/baby sitter like Dez has

Quote:This team has never seen a talent like this at WR. It would be scarey to see what he could do with a good QB.
You never saw Jimmy Smith or Keenan McCardell.
Quote:You never saw Jimmy Smith or Keenan McCardell.
Jimmy Smith was an excellent burner who can make plays down field.  McCardell was a good posiiton receiver.  Blackmon is a totally different kind of player.  He runs through tacklers and dominates defenders. 
At this point in time I'm just going to think as if he is no longer with us, so If/When he does come back it will be a major upgrade but if he doesnt come back.... I've already shead a tear.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8