Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Alualu was a good pick
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
People can talk all the noise they want about him being overdrafted but he's been a solid player for us and reliable.

Quote:People can talk all the noise they want about him being overdrafted but he's been a solid player for us and reliable.
Yes. But that does not qualify someone as being a "good" pick.
[Image: giphy.gif]

I liked him as a prospect, but did he really live up to where he was drafted?  I'd say no.  He's been solid depth, but not a top 15 pick.

He wasn't a good pick at 10. However, he didn't choose to be drafted there. He has been a solid player for us though, just not what you expect from a top10 pick, which again, not his fault seeing as how he shouldn't have been one.
Stop!
Quote:Stop!

in the name of love
As a 10th overall pick, Alualu is pure trash. As a 4th rounder, Alualu was a good pick.

The way some Jag fans desperately put below average players on a pedestal is sickening. 

Quote:People can talk all the noise they want about him being overdrafted but he's been a solid player for us and reliable.

Call me crazy but I would much rather had Earl Thomas, Jason Pierre-Paul, Dez Bryant, Maurkice Pouncy, Devin McCourty.

Any one of the above picks (that were available to us) would have changed the composition of our future draft picks (domino effect) making their impact and the impact of other players that we may have gotten even greater.
Why couldn't have Gene "reached" for Rob Gronkowski?

Blame that on Gene Smith, not Alualu.  He is what he is, and that is a solid defensive tackle.  Most defensive tackles aren't there to rush the quarterback and make dynamic plays.  They are there to fill gaps and stuff runs.  Alualu does that extremely well and he's a beast to move, and he does it at a pretty moderate price to the team.

Too many people here are harsh on him because of where he was drafted because of where he was drafted as if he controlled it.  Gene Smith screwed it up and he's been long gone.  It's time to move on and let that criticism die.

He may not have been a wise pick at ten but he has been a hell of an asset to the team. His reliability and work ethic are unquestionable.

Quote:Why couldn't have Gene "reached" for Rob Gronkowski?

Heck, I would have settled for Gostkowski
He's trash. What the hell has he ever done? Nothing.
Top 10 picks are not for drafting rotational tackles.

To be honest though Alualu has at least earned my respect compared to other highly drafted failures. He puts ashift in every play and you never hear him complain or have any negative influence on the team.
Quote:He may not have been a wise pick at ten but he has been a hell of an asset to the team. His reliability and work ethic are unquestionable.

17.5 sacks in almost 7 years. --- note, JPP has 50 sacks

The dude is only in the NFL because he's playing for the worst team over the past 7 seasons.   It's like being the hottest chick on The View

[Image: rosie-whoopi.jpg?quality=70&strip=all&w=630&h=378]
JPP is a defensive end, Alualu is a tackle.  Even comparing the two shows your lack of knowledge.

Better than Odrick.

In Dave we Trust

Ironic, isn't it?
Quote:Blame that on Gene Smith, not Alualu.  He is what he is, and that is a solid defensive tackle.  Most defensive tackles aren't there to rush the quarterback and make dynamic plays.  They are there to fill gaps and stuff runs.  Alualu does that extremely well and he's a beast to move, and he does it at a pretty moderate price to the team.

Too many people here are harsh on him because of where he was drafted because of where he was drafted as if he controlled it.  Gene Smith screwed it up and he's been long gone.  It's time to move on and let that criticism die.

Alualu was drafted to be a penetrating pass-rusher. At that he's a total failure.

I wouldn't say that he fills gaps and stuffs runs extremely well either. He does that no better than most of the street free agent backup DTs the Jags have had around.

He has been a hard worker who always shows up and doesn't take plays off.

Quote:JPP is a defensive end, Alualu is a tackle.  Even comparing the two shows your lack of knowledge.

JPP was selected after Alualu.

Your UCF logo shows your lack of knowledge.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5