Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Soccer is the most non-entertaining sport I've ever watched
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Can somebody please explain Soccers popularity too me?

Soccer fans find the sport entertaining for the same reason you find a sport that 90% "standing around" entertaining.

Quote:Soccer fans find the sport entertaining for the same reason you find a sport that 90% "standing around" entertaining.

I don't think bowling is THAT popular.

Soccer is the fastest growing sport in America right now. And some clubs here in the U.S. are almost on the level of NFL popularity.

Nobody is making anyone watch soccer. What's the problem here?

Quote:Nobody is making anyone watch soccer. What's the problem here?

I have to agree with OP, soccer is boring to watch. I've tried watching several times, just could never get into it. Maybe because I don't have a team? I did enjoy watching the women win against China and can get into US Olympic and even a little world cup.
Soccer lost me when I watched a player do a fast break kind of move and was called for being offsides.  Once offsides was explained to me it was apparent why there is no scoring.

Quote:Soccer lost me when I watched a player do a fast break kind of move and was called for being offsides.  Once offsides was explained to me it was apparent why there is no scoring.

I hated that penalty when I played soccer - and as I young kid I found it horribly unfair. LOL.  

I enjoy watching soccer from time to time and I can get into it a bit.  It requires a bit of patience sometimes. I can handle that.  

The flopping is a serious drag though. 
Can't stand it.  Only way I can watch is if the woman's USA team is playing in the world cup or Olympics.  And even then it is brutal. 

Lol, yes only sport that is actually worse than basketball in flopping is soccer.
I see posts like this about American Football every time the Superbowl runs around on "soccer" forums. Usually pointing out that a game lasts way too long and has way too many ad breaks.

I like them both so I disagree with both.

I think it comes from fans of each not understanding the rules and strategy of the other.  I can't watch a soccer game by myself at home, but when I'm on a cruise with people from other countries and see how they react to the games it gets me pumped to pick a side and watch it with them. 

*lightly brushes arms with opponent*

*falls down and writhes in agony*

Yeah, hell of a sport, soccer.

I would much rather watch soccer than baseball.
Quote:*lightly brushes arms with opponent*

*falls down and writhes in agony*

Yeah, hell of sport, soccer.
That still better than

*first down, timeout*

commercial

*Touchdown, under review*

commercial

*TD allowed, PAT*

commercial

*kick-off*

commercial
World Cup Soccer and English Primere League is actually pretty fun to watch.  I can't watch MLS soccer still...  I don't know what it is, between the fans, the announcers for MLS, and the weaker talent, I can't watch it.  So I can admit that I only like to watch certain types of soccer.

Give me English Premiere League or World Cup soccer over baseball, golf, or bowling any day of the week.

Quote:That still better than

*first down, timeout*

commercial

commercial

*TD allowed, PAT*

commercial

*kick-off*

commercial

LOL.  

I think the amount of diving seems to have dropped off recently.  The last English Premier League game I watched, granted that was back in November, I didn't see as much flopping...  
Quote: 

Give me English Premiere League or World Cup soccer over baseball, golf, or bowling any day of the week.

Isn't this kind of like saying give me a slap in the face over a knee to the groin any day?

*first down, timeout*

commercial

commercial

*TD allowed, PAT*

commercial

*kick-off*

commercial

Is it, though?  I mean, is it really?

*first down, timeout*

commercial

commercial

*TD allowed, PAT*

commercial

*kick-off*

commercial

The commercials suck, obviously. But the game itself is high quality and high drama a lot of times.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5