Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Chris Johnson to the Jaguars?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
How would everyone feel about Chris Johnson in a Jaguar uniform??? I personally would welcome the ideaof bringing in a former 2000 yard rusher who would help alleviate some pressure from a young qb who we will eventually draft.

I think he's on the downslope of his athletic abilities and he think he lacks self-motivation to perform at a high level. He's about the money, IMO.   Without a premiere offensive line - I think his glory days are behind him. 

Todman>cj0k

Chris Johnson is scheduled to have surgery for a torn meniscus.  That combined with Johnson entering his 7th NFL season in 2014 and not being close to a complete RB, are some of the reasons why there very likely are better options at the position for the Jaguars......... or any team looking for a starting caliber RB.

I'd love to have CJ if he accepted a massive paycut and being a rotational back and MJD wasn't coming back.

I mean he'd be the starter and get a majority of the carries but he'd still split with Todman similar to the MJD/Taylor rotation.

We probably should be looking for younger talent.

Save the roster spot for a young guy who could grow into the position in a few years.

He hasn't played like an elite back since the 2000 yd season. We need a RB, but I don't know that he's the guy.
I'd take him in a heart beat. Have to see what shakes out in free agency. I don't think he will get what he thinks he should. At the right price I wouldn't mind the addition. I think he'd love to be back playing in Florida.

Wrong attitude for this team.
Not a gus guy at all. I cant possibly see him finding a place in the locker room with his "all for the money im the man" mentality. He's actually the opposite of what Bradley has preached in every offseason interview.

He is on the decline and lacks motivation in addition to being a 1 trick pony runner with poor blocking skills. Nah id rather Caldwell and Bradley work their magic on a young hungry RB from the middle of the draft or a young FA  who's still fighting to prove something (much like Marks and Will Blackmon).
Pass. He's another back on the downside of his career.

This is a pretty decent RB class coming out, so we should have no trouble drafting one.

No. He is no longer the highly productive guy he once was. He does not have the ability to fight for the extra yard.
no thanks,  im hoping we land tre mason

Nah son he's the RB tackland deserves
This draft is loaded with RB's. No need.

Quote:Chris Johnson is scheduled to have surgery for a torn meniscus.  That combined with Johnson entering his 7th NFL season in 2014 and not being close to a complete RB, are some of the reasons why there very likely are better options at the position for the Jaguars......... or any team looking for a starting caliber RB.

^

THIS!
This is why people make post stating how 'this board' makes posts that the Jaguars should get every free agent. This is an awful suggestion. If you want CjNoK, why wouldn't you take MJD who has always been much more complete, and is at least a powerback whose speed isn't as important. CJ is not a complement to MJD either, maybe 4 years ago, but not now. He won't be worth anything more than the minimum IMO.

Terrell Davis flat out challenged his desire to play to his potential in an article in the Tennessean.  Says, "the tape doesn't lie."    Pass.

In a word, no.
Quote:No. He is no longer the highly productive guy he once was. He does not have the desire to fight for the extra yard.
Fixed that for you.

I'd sooner see if Tavian Banks is available than waste a roster spot and a bunch of money on CJnoway.
Pages: 1 2 3 4