Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Cyprien is trash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
My goodness, just when you think this bum is turning the corner, he goes out and lays a steamer like yesterday. He was simply over matched against Kyle Rudolph. His effort on the TD was embarrassing. He is absolute garbage out there in coverage. And then you have all the missed tackles. A box safety that can't reliably make a tackle, what a concept.

We need to let this scrub walk at the end of this year. I can't wait until he's pointing at the sky for a different team.
Hes been playing well all season. One bad game isnt the end of the world.
Hot take.

Quote:My goodness, just when you think this bum is turning the corner, he goes out and lays a steamer like yesterday. He was simply over matched against Kyle Rudolph. His effort on the TD was embarrassing. He is absolute garbage out there in coverage. And then you have all the missed tackles. A box safety that can't reliably make a tackle, what a concept.

We need to let this scrub walk at the end of this year. I can't wait until he's pointing at the sky for a different team.

Yesterday was a PERFECT example of why Cyp is, always was, and always will be a significant part of the problem.

He didn't just look bad.  He looked like he didn't belong on an NFL Field.

"Oh but he was in on the forced fumble at the goal line!"

And why were they at the goal line?

Oh yeah... because Cyp (and others) apparently can't tackle.

Cyp lost his man on the first play.

Cyp gave up the touchdown that sealed it.

Cyp missed at least 6 tackles... BADLY Missed them, in between.

PFF is blind.  This dude hasn't, doesn't, and I suspect never will, pass the eye test.

But don't worry.. when he DOES get in on a combined tackle, he'll stand up and celebrate... every time.
Quote:Hes been playing well all season. One bad game isnt the end of the world.

He played decently in 2 or 3 games earlier in the season.

He's been his usual self ever since.

This past Sunday was just atrocious.

No one is suggesting he's the only problem.

But he's definitely a glaring one.
Cyprien looks like Tarzan, plays like %#+*.

He's been playing better than usual but is still garbage.

It's not just one bad game. He's been trash most of his career. A good game here and there doesn't mean he's the second coming. Time to get a real safety for once. Gipson can kick rocks too.
Quote:My goodness, just when you think this bum is turning the corner, he goes out and lays a steamer like yesterday. He was simply over matched against Kyle Rudolph. His effort on the TD was embarrassing. He is absolute garbage out there in coverage. And then you have all the missed tackles. A box safety that can't reliably make a tackle, what a concept.

This is exactly why the national media and other fans make fun of us. Nobody else talks about getting rid of a player who's in the middle of a good season, but has one bad game. Sorry, but when the experts say he's been playing great this year, I'm going to take their word over some fan who does nothing but make knee-jerk reaction comments like this.
He plays box safety but can't tackle or cover well.
Quote:This is exactly why the national media and other fans make fun of us. Nobody else talks about getting rid of a player who's in the middle of a good season, but has one bad game. Sorry, but when the experts say he's been playing great this year, I'm going to take their word over some fan who does nothing but make knee-jerk reaction comments like this.

Calling PFF "experts" is being generous.  There've been countless examples where their ranking of a player is wildly different than what is actually seen on tape.

Cyp is ranked highly by them simply because of the number of tackles he's made.  No one who's actually WATCHING the game can realistically say he's playing at a high level.  Constant arm tackles, or simply throwing his shoulder into the runner (often times into their back), is a complete liability in coverage (and always HAS been).

It's not "oh one bad game".

It's been bad since day 1 with him.

Sunday was just a giant 20 foot tall neon sign of "Bad".
Quote:He plays box safety but can't tackle or cover well.

Or take a half decent angle.

But man... he can sure celebrate every time he gets in on a combined tackle!
He's a good person, nice guy just like Gus. He's going to retire as a Jaguar.
Quote:He plays box safety but can't tackle or cover well.

Oh.. and in case we forgot.

He also can't find his spot on the Kickoff, leading to the first Delay of Game on a kickoff in 18 years.

Yeah... put him in the Pride TODAY!
Quote:This is exactly why the national media and other fans make fun of us. Nobody else talks about getting rid of a player who's in the middle of a good season, but has one bad game. Sorry, but when the experts say he's been playing great this year, I'm going to take their word over some fan who does nothing but make knee-jerk reaction comments like this.

Can't take you seriously when you need the experts to tell you what to think. Don't you watch the games? Doesn't take an expert to watch the game and see Cyprien is garbage. Even one eye Zimmer could see Cyprien is trash and kept on exploiting him.
Cyrpien had a bad day, he gave up two crucial plays. He's a downhill box safety, he doesn't have the best backward movement or functionality. I'm not saying Cyp had a good game or making excuses for falling flat on your butt in a key situation, but there is something people are missing:

Can we not pretend Rudolph is a bad TE? He's 5th in the league in Catches (he might hit 75 for the season)  tied for 1st among TE's for TD's .. As bad as the Vikes offense is, he's been a focal point. 

Maybe you have Jack or Smith on Rudolph in that situation and put the safety on the Running back.. that's schematic. Gus doesnt know his players. If I'm in the red zone, I'm trying to keep Cyp off a TE like Rudolph 

These are gameplanning mistakes that fall on the Wash and Bradley in some smaller ways

Quote:Can we not pretend Rudolph is a bad TE? He's 5th in the league in Catches (he might hit 75 for the season)  tied for 1st among TE's for TD's .. As bad as the Vikes offense is, he's been a focal point.
yup, Rudolph is like a athetlic 6'7". Jags need to draft a redzone 6'9" safety.
Quote:yup, Rudolph is like a athetlic 6'7". Jags need to draft a redzone 6'9" safety.

He put a nasty move on Cyp several times. Combine that with absolutely zero pass rush, you're not gonna have a good time. 

He had a bad day, but he's a top 10 SS.
Quote:He had a bad day, but he's a top 10 SS.
lol, he could only dream about being a top 10 safety.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5