Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Shad Kahn - Net worth
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Was looking on Google about the owner, his net worth as of Sept 2013, a measley 3.8 billion dollars, in comparison Jerry Jones net worth 2.7 billion. The man has some coin, we have the cap space, I wish we were more aggressive spending to get players in free agency (smart spending, see deal in Washington under Albert Haynsworth for bad example, or Drayton Florence) both were horrible acquisitions...

My question is: Do players just not want to come here or are we not targeting the expensive / looking to get paid for performing type of players?

Been a fan since we came into the league, i like the 14-2 seasons alot more than the 4-12, we need more talent and depth, and the whole qb thing i am confident will be addressed here shortly .... sometimes that requires spending $$$ for talent.
Just to be sure, you do know that the owners don't spend money out of there pockets on players, right?
There was already a thread on this that I posted. Khan's actually top 5 in net worth of all NFL owners - at #5. 

Only Ross (Dolphins), Kroenke (Rams), Glazer (Tampa), and Paul Allen (Seahawks) are worth more, and theres a huge gap between Allen & the next closest. 

Quote:There was already a thread on this that I posted. He's actually top 5 in net worth of all NFL owners - at #5. 

Only Ross (Dolphins), Kroenke (Rams), the Tampa Bay owner, and Paul Allen (Seahawks) are worth more, and theres a huge gap between Allen & the next closest.

There was a thread on this...what happened to it? It's not on here anymore...
Oh and btw, "Kahn" is hot dogs...."Khan" is  our owner. 

Quote:My question is: Do players just not want to come here or are we not targeting the expensive / looking to get paid for performing type of players?

Last year I kept noticing reports of the Jaguars going after some bigger names, but time and time again they'd sign somewhere else. Back in the day when the Jaguars were stocked with talent, Michael Huyghue would considerably overpay players to come to Jacksonville. It's unfortunate, but that's probably what it takes. Caldwell talked about not getting our hopes up for big name players, and I believe that's largely because he refuses to overpay. He knows that in doing so,  several of the bigger name players will opt to go somewhere else.

The big players want to go somewhere that will get them to the big game...
There is no such thing as 'smart spending' for the stars of free agency. 

Khan isnt the one who chooses to spend or not. That lies with Dave. 

When we are a better team, FAs will want to come here for bargain prices. We want players to want to be here, not just collect money.
Quote:When we are a better team, FAs will want to come here for bargain prices. We want players to want to be here, not just collect money.
QFT
I wonder if he would give me a million dollars, wouldn't even affect him in the slightest.. wow. 

Quote:I wonder if he would give me a million dollars, wouldn't even affect him in the slightest.. wow. 

Having a lot of money doesn't mean you're stupid with it.
Quote:Having a lot of money doesn't mean you're stupid with it.

He sure didn't start with a lot of money, he and I are about the same age.....makes me wonder about how I spent my years.

BTW, when he was buying the team and cleared the Owners' Finance committee...it was Jerry Jones that said Khan was one of the NFL's most qualified owners.
That's enough money to build his own Genesis device.
Quote:That's enough money to build his own Genesis device.

Can't you just get a little blue pill to solve that problem?
one offseason does not make an ownership tenure

Owner since: 2012
The numbers: The Jaguars are worth an estimated $840 million, which must come as a surprise to the citizens of Jacksonville. They never knew they even had a football team. Shahid Khan just purchased Fulham Football Club, of the English Premier League, for a price estimated to be over $200 million.
How he got rich: Bumpers.

Khan arrived in America from Pakistan when he was 16 to study engineering at the University of Illinois. After graduating, he found work as an engineering manager at Flex-N-Gate, a nearby auto-parts company. Flex-N-Gate made bumpers, and they made them inefficiently. Khan streamlined the process and started his own company, Bumper Works. Soon after, Khan bought Flex-N-Gate and began supplying lightweight bumpers to General Motors. After GM decided to use his methods on their own, Khan shifted his focus to Japanese automakers in the '80s, just as the Japanese auto invasion began to storm U.S. shores. Flex-N-Gate is now the sole bumper manufacturer for Toyota, and made $3.9 billion in 2012 alone

The above is from this link _ http://theweek.com/article/index/249500/...heir-money
Basically to sum it up the Jaguars owner made his living on engineering things to take a beating (bumpers), and that is what this franchise needs toughing up.  Who better to make a tough defense than Gus Bradley?   The four wins were disappointing especially with Blaine & Chad and the rest of the offense being as poor as the year before but the team did start to look better on Defense as the season progressed.

To me the fate of the franchise under Dave & Gus will really depend on this years draft.  They really need a homerun in their picks to help jumpstart the team off.

Quote:There was a thread on this...what happened to it? It's not on here anymore...

I assume it was put out to pasture when it became a troll thread. Which should have been 3 posts in...
Pages: 1 2 3