Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 39th overall pick
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
We talk all the time about the first round. Now that the Buccaneers are done playing, we know what our second round pick is: #39.

SWEEEEEET
Probably a QB unless Teddy Falls to 3. Which one, I dont know.
Well, there you have it.

Quote:Probably a QB unless Teddy Falls to 3. Which one, I dont know.

Do you know any quarterbacks who would be available at our pick?
Quote:Do you know any quarterbacks who would be available at our pick?

Fales

McCarron

Mettenberger

Murray

Garrapolo.

Names....that personally I wouldn't want until round 3.
Quote:Probably a QB unless Teddy Falls to 3. Which one, I dont know.

Anyone who didn't get one in the Top 10 or at the end of the 1st round are going to clean the scraps off the plate by the time #39 comes around.  Any QB's that are left are going to have more than a few warts and won't be considered a lock to be a starting caliber QB.
Quote:Do you know any quarterbacks who would be available at our pick?
Ummmmm...... You do realize that the draft is still several months away. Nobody has a clue who will be available. :geek:
link please

Boyd i will take.

Certainly a tough situation were in. 3rd then 39th is a long time in between
We won't be picking 39

We are picking 35-36

Quote:We are picking 35-36

There are 5 teams with a 4 and 12 record. Since we pick first of the bunch in round one, we rotate to last of the bunch in round two. There are 32 teams in the league which equates to 32 first round picks. The 2nd round starts at pick 33 which is Houston's pick. We will be picking 7th in round 2 barring a trade. The 7th pick of the 2nd round is pick 39.
I think we're all assuming that the Qb's that are currently being PROJECTED as first rounders, are actually going to be gone after the first round, But this same time last year they had four or five QB's being projected in the first, and the one that everyone thought was going to be the first rounder, fell to the second, and the dark horse Manuel was the only QB taken.  If Bortles doesn't have a good Bowl game he could very well be a second round pick which I wouldn't mind moving up to take in the second since the price tag to move up their is a lot cheaper than in the first.  

I bet you there is a run of Offensive and Defensive players in the first round after Teddy is off the board because of the artificial inflation that Qb's get each draft season and we could very well get a starting QB in the second.  

Gimmie Aaron Murray in round three.  I like him the best out of all the quarterbacks I've watched.

Quote:link please

I don't have a link. I figured it out by counting 4-12 teams and adding them to the Texans and Redskins. Because of the NFL's rotation rule, we will be the last 4-12 team to pick in the second round.
Quote:There are 5 teams with a 4 and 12 record. Since we pick first of the bunch in round one, we rotate to last of the bunch in round two. There are 32 teams in the league which equates to 32 first round picks. The 2nd round starts at pick 33 which is Houston's pick. We will be picking 7th in round 2 barring a trade. The 7th pick of the 2nd round is pick 39.

33. Texans

34. Redskins

35. Raiders

36. Browns

37. Falcons

38. Buccaneers

39. Jaguars
I know what I'm about to say should go into the Who's the first rd. pick, but I'm gonna say it here.

There will be a huge rush on QB's in the first round, that's just the way it works in the NFL.  Each of the high end QBs are gonna start getting major love from all media outlets and that will cause alot of pressure on teams in the top 6 to  target a QB in the first round.

What scares me about this is that by the 2nd round, all the top tier pass rushers are probably gonna be gone...  And we desperately need a great pass rusher.

Quote:Each of the high end QBs are gonna start getting major love from all media outlets and that will cause alot of pressure on teams in the top 6 to  target a QB in the first round.

I'm pretty sure "media love" has no impact on that.
Pages: 1 2 3