Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: McDonald’s website advises staff NOT to eat fast food
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

McDonald’s website advises staff NOT to eat fast food

McDonald's doesn't think its employees should eat the food they serve.

The fast food giant has advised employees to avoid meals with burgers and fries and to eat healthier options like salad and sandwiches.

The advice was dispensed on the now-infamous McResource Line, the employees-only website that has told workers to sell their things and get second jobs to make ends meet.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z2oQjkzuWD

I clicked on the McResource link and it says the site is down for maintenance.

They're probably scrambling frantically to remove all that crap from the site haha.

Quote:I clicked on the McResource link and it says the site is down for maintenance.

They're probably scrambling frantically to remove all that crap from the site haha.

That's what I was thinking too

Isn't the whole point of McDonald's just to get people fat and lazy by serving greasy foods? And than making billions of dollars in profit from it?

Quote:Isn't the whole point of McDonald's just to get people fat and lazy by serving greasy foods? And than making billions of dollars in profit from it?

That's just a McRumor..
The double Whopper and Wendy's double are easily better than any burger McDonalds has. 

Quote:The double Whopper and Wendy's double are easily better than any burger McDonalds has. 

Once again, opinion <> fact.
Quote:Once again, opinion <> fact.

You're quoting an opinion and labeling it as said as fact. 
Quote:You're quoting an opinion and labeling it as said as fact. 

You are stating an opinion as fact. Read your sentence, there are no qualifiers.
Quote:You are stating an opinion as fact. Read your sentence, there are no qualifiers.

No, a person can make a statement that is opinion without having to constantly cite qualifiers. If a person states that it is fact then it is a statement of fact. Otherwise in the context of the statement made in a thread like this it is clearly opinion. 
Quote:No, a person can make a statement that is opinion without having to constantly cite qualifiers. If a person states that it is fact then it is a statement of fact. Otherwise in the context of the statement made in a thread like this it is clearly opinion. 

This is your opinion, then, not a fact?
I dont blame McDonalds.  Need to keep their healthcare costs down.

I don't see the big deal, they're telling their employees fast food all the time isn't good for you. I imagine most companies would say the same thing, heck nothing all the time is good for you.

McDonald's is really they're own worse enemy, they keep trying to push this healthy image, they should just come out and say the truth. "We sell Burgers and Fries, its not something anyone should eat every day but when you want it we make it and you'll like it."

Quote:I don't see the big deal, they're telling their employees fast food all the time isn't good for you. I imagine most companies would say the same thing, heck nothing all the time is good for you.

McDonald's is really they're own worse enemy, they keep trying to push this healthy image, they should just come out and say the truth. "We sell Burgers and Fries, its not something anyone should eat every day but when you want it we make it and you'll like it."

Places like Five Guys don't have to be ashamed of what they serve or offer a salad  They are comfortable in what they are and it's up to the adults that eat it to make their decision. 

With McDonalds, it's because they have always marketed towards children. It's like cigarette companies when they had Joe Camel and the Marlboro Man. They get kids hooked at an early age and they have a customer for (an abbreviated) life.
Quote:I don't see the big deal, they're telling their employees fast food all the time isn't good for you. I imagine most companies would say the same thing, heck nothing all the time is good for you.

The thing is....what burger at McDonalds is any good any more? 

The Big Mac is tiny, the Quarter pounders are "meh", and you rarely get the food "hot", its always lukewarm at best. 

I'd rather get a better tasting burger thats actually hot at serving from Wendys or BK. 

Quote:Places like Five Guys don't have to be ashamed of what they serve or offer a salad  They are comfortable in what they are and it's up to the adults that eat it to make their decision. 

With McDonalds, it's because they have always marketed towards children. It's like cigarette companies when they had Joe Camel and the Marlboro Man. They get kids hooked at an early age and they have a customer for (an abbreviated) life.
[Image: nailed_it_RE_20th_Century_fox_theme_on_f...227191.jpg]
Quote:The thing is....what burger at McDonalds is any good any more? 

The Big Mac is tiny, the Quarter pounders are "meh", and you rarely get the food "hot", its always lukewarm at best. 

I'd rather get a better tasting burger thats actually hot at serving from Wendys or BK. 

I wouldn't feed McDonalds to my dog. It's about the worst thing you can eat.

I am not sure how a sober person can actually look forward to eating that garbage.
Working off of 8th street here in Jax (Shands), McGreasys has the market pretty much cornered being the only place to eat around here without going out of your way..
Quote:Working off of 8th street here in Jax (Shands), McGreasys has the market pretty much cornered being the only place to eat around here without going out of your way..

Is the cafeteria that bad?
Quote:I wouldn't feed McDonalds to my dog. It's about the worst thing you can eat.

I am not sure how a sober person can actually look forward to eating that garbage.

It's funny that people talk like this about McDonald's and Taco Bell....but somehow they are raking in millions upon millions of dollars on a daily basis.

Everyone always bashes....but everyone is also eating it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8